Diablo 3 is coming to the Playstation 4 and Playstation 3. Blizzard has just announced at Playstation 4 reveal event that Diablo 3 is the franchise they have chosen to move back into the console market with. The game will be four player co-op when it is released and they stated that a demo is coming soon.
No other information has been made available at the moment but Blizzard has always maintained they were looking into bringing it to the console. Blizzard has said this is a strategic partnership with Sony so it sounds like it will be a PS4/PS3 console exclusive at this stage, although it sounds like they will not rule out other platforms.
As far as the PS3/PS4 version is concerned we do know of a few features.
- There will be direct control with the analogue sticks (no clicking)
- There’s an evade capability to quickly dodge out the way
- Local offline co-op as well as online co-op where the screen will zoom out to fit all players on screen.
- Everything to do with loot and inventory has also changed on the interface
- There is no paperdoll, there is a full 3D character.
- May create new cinematics to fill in console players on the franchise backstory at the start of the game.
- Its the same game, and there will be game updates with a base release of v1.0.7.
- It’s pretty far along in development, PS3 version is further along than the PS4
- They are looking at how they are going to utilise the touch bar on the new PS4 controller.