You got me all wrong. I posted this thread in hardcore because i wanted to emphasize on the lack of resources in the hc ah. Yeap, i know that the hungering arrow/ball lightning is the fastest way to farm and everything else falls behind. After all that's why they call it the cookie cutter build and not some other way like painfully-slow-way-to-kill-mobs build.
I am not aware of the current status of the US hc ah, but in EU where i play you cant just buy a decent manticore/calamity with less than 200m (by decent i mean the kind that will get you to ubers and that stuff).
Switching to hc means you probably wont have the mighty 1200ish 2socket manticore. No more pew pew lightning until you get to higher dps range .
Worry not fellow dhs, that's when strafe comes into play ! A shty xbow that costs 2m combined with an even shtier nats cloak with 7% strafe crit chance will do the job.
To sum up, this topic is not for the rich hc dh. Imo strafe has some advantages which shine especially when running low budget dh.
1) Cheap weapon/offhand. Extra crit chance from cloak.
2) Leaving atk speed for later means you have an extra slot in gear, letting you get that extra survivability sooner.
3) Constantly moving while attacking is cool, especially in hc.
4) Shadow power snapshot. Don't know about you, but makes me feel like i am cheating which makes it even cooler.
My armory link, to see what im talking about: http://eu.battle.net...0/hero/26264321
Edit: About the skill runes, i only consider demolition viable.
- 3/25/2013 4:24:27 AM Posted in: Hardcore Discussion
3/25/2013 2:15:08 AM
Posted in: Hardcore DiscussionQuote from chewe
Hey Bear, thanks for your response!
The way to 60 doesn't worry me but tips are always welcome. I have all my gear sitting in my back and upgrades come every 2-3 levels. I'm only scared of lag bombs and the like.
Point 3 and 4 are just what I need, thanks! I was only trying to get stuff with some dex/vit and all res, didn't know about the archon crafted parts or to get 4cc rings. How much max disc?
About my skill set, up untill hell i used a much more mobile build + a cold enchanced multi shot scoundrel for kiting. Someone gave me tips for gear and skills and the result was the build I was using when I got 2 shot.
To tell you the truth, it felt really strong. They did less dmg to me (numbing traps) and I was tougher thanks to the sentry shield. Still could kite a lot (it just had to be premeditated kiting, to a place where I could stand for a bit on my traps, for example) and the sentries are used more for dmg, the bubble is a nice extra if they ever get too close (wallers, for examble). Sames goes for the caltrops. I use them to get away and kite, then I try to stand on a one from far away.
Could you link your build with nightstalker and vengance? do you swap perfectionist and/or tactical advantage? I guess in my case I should swap out numbing traps for nightstalker. What about for dmg? Is bola shot fine or switch back to hungering arrow with devouring rune + elemental with ball lightning?
Well its all about personal gamestyle, isn't it? I saw a friend of mine using bola and first thing i thought was "omg, sick aoe dmg!i am gonna try that!", and i did. That delay between bola explosions makes it unbearable for me. I want that dps and i want it now, not 2 seconds after. But, this is what i want, not you. Hardcore mode has some requirements, as a dh you must use at least one escaping skill and at least one discipline sustaining passive. Try them and see what fits best for you.
3/24/2013 2:41:57 AM
Posted in: Hardcore DiscussionQuote from kaos6
dont think about it under 100k dps.
Its great to use but the damage is low low.
Best for aoe is demolition rune but honestly i just hate it. Its highest dps strafe but in situations like goblin running away or anything actualy moving the grenade doesnt count a hit and miss or doesnt explode at all because of single target movement. its great for scorpions or anything in packs.
Stinging steel rune is best for single target but sucks hard when multiple, then the dps spread so bad u dont see it ^^. imo this rune has the best targeting mechanics and the mechanics of the projectile itself.
For Pvp i recently found the rocket storm rune to be really handy and its my rune of choice for it.
almost any other spender is better for pvm or ubers.>
>elemental arrow ball lightning for me works the best, mechanics, multiple crits on packs, super advantage on missile dampening mechanics^^ or zoltan uber boss and his bubbles. looks nice as well^^
strafe is great but they should boost the dps of it and reduce the cost to 10 hatred to be actually good skill to run with, especially on higher mp.
Well i am using it at the moment, thing with strafe is you cant take paper dps into consideration. The coolest thing is that you go for 0 attack speed and only care about cc/cd in gear. Started mp0 at about 60k dps and i was one-shooting trash. Yesterday i crafted some items and went up to 87k dps, mp1 seems really easy. I found that if you keep all mobs at one side of the screen strafe works at its best, i might make a video with gameplay today.
3/23/2013 3:45:51 AM
Hi there. The road to hc is a difficult one, especially for a dh (http://diablo.somepa...hardcore-deaths).Posted in: Hardcore Discussion
I am currently on my 3rd attempt as a dh, here are some useful tips:
1. Pre-60 dps doesnt matter, stack as much vit as possible and upgrade your weapon every 4 lvls. When you get to 50-52lvl get a reduced lvl req weapon, that will be enough to get you to 60. Stick to 1h crossbows, speed is crucial for kiting and running between attack animations.
2. Pre-60 must have skills(imo): smoke screen, vault-tumble, prep-battle scars, vengeance and nightstalker. Shadow power is useless at the moment, globes are your best friends.
3. After you hit 60, get a rare cloak with vit, all res and max disc. Sockets are a luxury, unless you have a nice amount of gold left from previous attempts. Same thing for pants, dex/vit/all res, no sockets. Spend your money on rings with at least 4 cc and 45 all res, boots with dex/vit/all res (no ms, too expensive). The idea here is to get inferno(act 1?) started on a low budget, with about 350 all res and 40-45k hp so you can farm demonic essences and craft the archon gloves, bracers and shoulders. Leave amulet last, as its the most expensive.
4. Crafting the archon stuff will get you to(luckily) about 500 resists and 50k life, that will give you a steady farming pace to drop some nice items and moving up to premium gear. Its better if you plan your gearset before 60, this way you can scan the ah and get some bang for buck items.
Edit: just saw your skillset, i think it needs some work. You cant go hardcore dh without a passive disc generator, that means you have to use vengeance if you have low cc, nightstalker if you have cc>40%. I use both, no disc means dead dh. Tumble is nice for getting away from that jailer elite but smoke screen is more reliable. Another thing, using caltrops with cc and turret means you will not be kitting and you ll be facetanking.. Are you sure about that? Without enough dps you will end up chained-cced and eventually dead.
3/23/2013 3:07:57 AM
Hi guys, any fellow dh using strafe in hc? I started this spec 3 days ago and wanted to share some thoughts, i am pretty impressed so far.Posted in: Hardcore Discussion
3/8/2013 1:08:02 AM
Posted in: Hardcore Discussion
Can you link your armory?
- 3/6/2013 2:05:54 AM Posted in: EU Servers Trading (Hardcore)
3/6/2013 1:08:48 AM
Well it depends on the rest of your party. A pretty safe build is using bola-thunder ball along with sentry-guardian turret.Posted in: Hardcore Discussion
Numbing traps passive might be overkill, if your party can tank/cc a lot you can go for a bit more dps, using cluster arrow-cluster bombs, but always keeping that sentry.
2/17/2013 12:16:53 PM
Hello, just made a video about how i farm DE's, nothing fancy just a skill setup that looks decent to me. Any comments are welcome, enjoy.Posted in: Demon Hunter: The Dreadlands
Skill calc: http://us.battle.net...dgRl!eTX!cabYZZ
2/17/2013 12:16:16 PM
Good calculator, detailed ehp section is really helpful.Posted in: Theorycrafting and Analysis
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.