Thanks for sharing your opinion! As a recently become dad, I do appreciate the somewhat relaxed playstyle of Diablo 3 but I still think that it would be possible to make everybody happy by including also a PVP which would be pretty much separated from the PVE environment, leaving the last one untouched.
I do have to admit that I enjoyed a lot this game, but I really did not like the fact that Blizzard changed its mind so many times about the various game features.
- 12/17/2013 1:49:52 AM Posted in: Diablo III General Discussion
12/16/2013 4:21:28 PM
This will be long. To be clear, I am discussing patch 2.0 in the PTR and not the RoS beta.Posted in: Diablo III General Discussion
Understandably there are still a series of bugs: rubberbanding, crafting recipes that require crafting material only available in RoS, hard to see arcane sentries and others (radiant square and perfect squared diamonds have same effect on elms). These will be fixed.
Overal positive impressions :
- Legendaries are interesting and I think they offer many options in terms of builds, itemization and playstyle.
- I already, after few hours of gameplay, found some improvements to my gear, which is refreshing given the pretty bad droprates in the live environment.
- New affixes offer somewhat more interesting tradeoffs, even though I think this can be pushed further.
-New WD runes are fun, and combat is engaging.
-Cursed chest are fun
Now to the less positive stuff
- The new difficulty setting is just wrong, to put it mildly. The new vanilla hardest difficulty setting (master) is way too easy compared to MP10. The result is that some content from Vanilla has been removed without a real justification, simple as that.
- Weapons seem to drop with a lower average damage than in the live version. Might be my bad luck, but I have heard that this is a common complaint.
- The new (lower) monster density in act 1 and 2 is not really justified by loot 2.0. The change in density just makes Act 3 again the most efficient place to farm and I think many will return to the beloved Alkaizer run, if things stay this way.
- What happened to loot runs/nephalem rifts available in vanilla (https://twitter.com/Diablo/status/370280976716283904)?
- Cursed chest will probably get repetitive in the long run.
Finally a word about the endgame (or lack of) in patch 2.0 and RoS.
I think there are two kinds of Diablo players. The first group believes that the ultimate goal in Diablo is to find better gear to kill monster, making their character better and better. The loot, for them is the endgame. I believe that RoS (not patched Vanilla) will make these players very happy. The itemization seems fun and there are enough options to improve gear.
Then there are the players who believe that endgame consist in the competition with other players, both direct (PVP) and indirect (PVPVE, ladders). I am not too fond of ladders, so I won't discuss this point. It seems that many people want them, so I believe that Blizzard should implement them in some way.
A large group of players want PVP in Diablo 3, and do not consider brawling as a valid option. I am one of those players who bought (and convinced a couple of friends to buy) Diablo 3, hoping that one day they would play team deathmatch together. The Diablo 3 development team has shown, and keeps on showing, an annoying arrogance in not facing the doubts and requests of the community about the absence of PVP. The continuous statements about "release PVP when it is ready" is just a way to not tackle the problem, and it is really frustrating to see these kind of answers after so long.
I believe that a structured, competitive and skill-based, team PVP is indeed doable. It would require PVP scaling of the gear (alternatively PVP exclusive gear) and rescaling of the skills just for PVP. It would require a good amount of work in terms of iterations and tryouts, but saying that it is impossible to implement balanced PVP in Diablo 3 is, in my opinion, a superficial statement. I really believe that Blizzard does not see it as a profitable feature, and probably will never release PVP, but I still have a tiny bit of hope.
I am really sorry for this huge wall of text, but I had many thoughts to share, and I hope some fellow players will share their opinion too.
1/16/2013 12:06:32 AM
So guys, somebody else interested in getting this blu/white items duelling going? Add you battletag!Posted in: PvP Discussion
1/15/2013 12:43:26 AM
Related to Jaetch idea, we could start a farm/draft system. Players farm together for 5 min or so, and at the end of the period they start a magic the gathering-style draft. One keeps an object found, and passes the other to the next player and so on until all objects are assigned. Then the duels are based only on the items farmed during the session.Posted in: PvP Discussion
1/12/2013 7:21:09 AM
Really like the idea. DukeNukem#2367. I'm on the Eu server. Let's hope to get this thing going.Posted in: PvP Discussion
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.