I noticed there wasn't a lot of builds posted on this forum yet and it's generally pretty quiet compared to the other class forums so I thought I'd share my spec with you all in case some of you want to try something new or don't know where to start!
When I farm I try to go for two things, safety and speed (SAS) a lot of people play a higher difficulty without really being able to do it efficiently and ultimately just hinder themselves when they would be better off trying out a lower difficulty. With this spec in my gear I was able to breeze through Torment 2 with ease. This build focusing mainly around fast movement, lots of snares and big aoe damage. You do not need a high end set of gear for this to be effective although having a high amount of critical hit chance would be helpful. Also having some pieces of gear with increased elemental arrow or increased frost damage is also very helpful for this build.
So let's get started, below is my characters armory:
The skill set is here:
I'll explain my skill and rune choices now.
- 1: Preperation with Invigoration, I picked Invigoration as I feel it's the most effective over a long period time for me as I like having lots of discipline available at any time, more discipline = more rolls = more speed. You could use Back Up Plan or Focused Mind if you wish, it depends what you feel suits your gear set best.
- 2: Shadow Power with Blood Moon. Blood Moon is a very effective healer and keeps you alive through the more heavy periods of damage from the harder hitting mobs. You should also use Gloom but only if you have an abundance of other incoming heals like life on hit.. life regen etc.. You could also consider using Smoke Screen but it comes with a much shorter duration but more effective with incoming damage.
- 3: Vault with Tumble, obvious pick for Tumble because it allows you to almost endlessly vault around! You could Acrobatics if you have trouble keeping discipline up but it removes the cost of vaulting entirely but with a short cool down of course.
- 4: Marked for Death with Contagion. This is a very effective way of just decimating large packs of non elite mobs in a single strike, put it on 1, kill it and before you know it's all over the rest of them and they're all taking more damage and it just keeps spreading until it cant find a mob within range. You could use the Valley of Death rune as well, however I prefer Contagion. You can also consider using the Wolf Companion in this slot to get more damage when you choose but it comes with a cool down of course, however the wolf is very good at just attacking at random now as well. It's your decision!
- LM: Entangling Shot with Heavy Burden. I purely use heavy burden as it is cold damage and I have bracers that increase cold damage. And of course it slows the enemies meaning they take an extra 20% damage from being slowed. If you don't have increased cold damage you should use Chain Gang as it slows more mobs at once.
- RM: Elemental Arrow with Frost Arrow. Yep you guessed it, more frost damage, yep you guessed it, more cold damage, more slows, more increased damage.
- Night Stalker: This is plain and simple, lots of aoe, lots of crits, lots of discipline restored at once.
- Cull the Weak: Another easy choice, essential for this spec to be truly effective as it provides the increased damage against all slowed enemies.
- Archery: Just for pure damage, however you could use Sharpshooter (if you have lower CC) Blood Vengeance or even Tactical Advantage.
Follower choice is up to you really, all 3 of them are good in their own way but it really depends on what you need yourself. I use the enchantress for sheer attack speed and those puddles she puts on the floor for increased damage.
So there you have it, the way I play and find very effective, you can of course change this spec in places to make it more applicable to your set of gear so feel free to experiment and post back what you think / might recommend I do. It's a lot of fun and you it makes a change from some of the more familiar specs you may have been used to!
Remember people SAS!