Hey guys, I posted last year on here about my spec and gear problem and I've done some research regarding new specs, but I'm clueless about how the latest patch has changed how we should gear and I haven't found a comfortable spec for me that also feels speedy and/or what to place my paragon points in. I was previously an Archon Wizard as it felt most natural, but now I'm struggling to find a spec I'm agreeing with and clueless what sort of gear to get what stats for myself. Thanks in advance <3
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Noriko-1548/hero/851327 is my Wizard.
- 3/4/2014 1:47:54 PM Posted in: Wizard: The Ancient Repositories
6/21/2013 9:07:29 AM
Ah, that makes sense. I had some crafted bracers which gave me a few k of health and 8-9k of extra dps, so I'm using those now.Posted in: Wizard: The Ancient Repositories
6/21/2013 8:46:53 AM
Ok, another question regarding the BoA craftable items. Are Lacuni Prowlers not as good as they were anymore in terms of the 12% movement speed in that case? Also the attack speed you gain from them. I'm used to being able to run quickly and attack quickly as well.Posted in: Wizard: The Ancient Repositories
6/20/2013 7:25:11 AM
So I have currently done about six runs since coming back to Diablo III. I am Paragon level 56 and my run consists of these areas;Posted in: Wizard: The Ancient Repositories
The Core of Arreat (Backwards)
Tower of the Damned
The Bridge of Korsikk
The Keep Depths level 2
The Keep Depths level 3
I have only got one set item and one legendary from doing this run. Is this because I just have bad luck? or is there a more advised route to take these days?
6/18/2013 11:35:55 AM
Posted in: Wizard: The Ancient RepositoriesQuote from DreamWalker
Quite a few things has changed, monster density, drop rates, new crafts, it's kind of had to remember them all. So i'd suggest you read up on some patch notes too.
To answer your first question, yes Archon has become even more viable. Last patch, they changed Archon, so that you didnt need the killing blow on the monsters, to get extra time, you just had to deal damage to them. Ofc they still need to die, but it's enough to put dmg on it and let some one else kill it. So coop-wise, Archon has become better/more viable. There are some spec variaties, but can still run with what you've got
Second question, stats weights are still the same. Crit Chance, Crit hit dmg, avg. dmg, atk speed, not necessarily in that order. Bracer, gloves, shoulders, neck can be crafted now, and are called Razorspikes of Int, Archon gloves of Int, Archon spaulders of Int and amulet of int. They're all bind on account as soon as you craft them tho, but it can also roll best in slot.
Hope that helps for starters
Edit, and now 've been gone from the computer for so long, others have alredy answered you...
Would the recipes actually roll better in stats than my current gear and not cost the earth? I have purchased the recipes but so far I don't see how they are going to be better without spending as much gold as it would to simply buy the upgrade.
6/18/2013 7:27:30 AM
Posted in: Wizard: The Ancient RepositoriesQuote from Bagstone
1) Archon is still the most commonly used spec. Nothing has changed except for one big thing: since 1.08 you can use Archon in multiplayer, as any kill by any of your group members will now count towards Archon duration. No new information as of now... but hopefully soon Jaetch will publish an awesome video guide ;-) For the time being, you might get some info from my guide (see my sig), but I guess that was already around last time you played.
2) Imho the thing you really need is some more EHP. Get allres on helm, boots, maybe even chest (if you can't afford allres on chest get one with vitality, your HP is also quite low). In general everything is much cheaper now... but still, with 25m you won't be able to get 300k DPS (without sacrificing DPS). Loroese posted some nice recommendations for MP vs EHP/DPS, and as you can see your DPS/EHP are quite unbalanced ;-)
I knew my EHP needed to be improved, but I wasn't sure if there was any specific set items that Wizards use by a standard guide in Archon specs, being able to use it in multiplayer sounds like a brilliant idea though, thank you.I am also interested in any links towards routes to take, I remember I used the route used in Inferno mode Act III all the time.. but I cant quite remember all of it anymore. :$
6/18/2013 6:57:47 AM
I stopped playing on the 2nd of January as Diablo was becoming to much of an obsession for me, but recently I've been tempted to much into trying Diablo again and I have a few questions now..Posted in: Wizard: The Ancient Repositories
1. If Archon is still a viable spec to go for then is there any changes to the spec itself that I am outdated on?
2. What stats should I aim for? Since I have forgotten almost everything I knew from back then and now I can't remember what upgrade I wanted to go for next, at the time, everything would've cost me 90+mil to upgrade but I imagine the AH isn't the same as back then anymore. I only ave 25mil to spend currently.
Here's my little Wizard: http://eu.battle.net...548/hero/851327
12/18/2012 12:46:36 PM
Got me a pretty little ring today from my second Hellfire craft :))Posted in: Wizard: The Ancient Repositories
12/4/2012 11:17:10 AM
Just an update but if you view my profile now you'll see I've had a few upgrades and spec change too am now looking into getting a new ring after spending 120mil on the new belt and 29mil on the new trousers. The EU auction house is expensive sadly.Posted in: Wizard: The Ancient Repositories
I am now also farming on MP2 Act III rather comfortably.
11/25/2012 9:33:04 AM
I agree, having more health is great so long as you have 550 ish resall (that being your lowest too) since you're then capable of taking many high reflect damage hits rather than taking some then having to stop for a bit then going again :3 I've learned that I am just being too paranoid about not having enough resall, 5k armour is nice to aim for too but not mandatory once you're at 3k :3Posted in: Wizard: The Ancient Repositories
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.