10/31/2013 10:12:24 AM
I'm most excited about end game. It has many forms like Devil's hand, Loot Runs, Challenges and others.Posted in: News & Announcements
8/16/2013 7:20:51 AM
It would be nice addition to my Talisman Suggestion ( http://www.diablofans.com/topic/97346-suggestion-reintroduce-talisman/ ). It should be little bit simpler, but i like it.Posted in: Diablo III General Discussion
7/1/2013 6:07:27 AM
My idea on the main page - i almost feel like a famous person ;)Posted in: Diablo III General Discussion
The idea is cool, but i think it's too complicated in this form. If charms should work like tetris i would do it little bit diffrent:
Each type of charms has name. Mystic could connect charms if they create word, but shape of connected charm is random. If you connect charm you get a bonus(like runes words).
Thanks a lot
6/29/2013 3:24:34 AM
Well i think that generally system is good, but i agree that talisman has to be diffrent that current items. It's easy to understand, solves some d2 charms porblems. The only thing that missing is "special feeling". Now i've got some new ideas, so it's possible that i'll do someday talisman 2.0Posted in: Diablo III General Discussion
It's nice that you mention ears, becouse i think it's the coolest part of this suggestion.
Thanks for feedback.
6/27/2013 1:40:13 PM
@1up_MushPosted in: Diablo III General Discussion
Interesting point i wouldn't think of that. Well maybe the solution is to add some good stuff for two handers too. They have big heads in Blizzard, so they probably thinking about it. Now i think some charms could also give bonuses to shields (does anyone still use it?).
6/27/2013 9:15:28 AM
@Kallizk @LaevusPosted in: Diablo III General Discussion
I think Blizzard put a lot attencion to make evert system as simple as possible (especiali now when diablo is a console game too). I like Edriel talisman idea but it's too complicated, so i tried to change it in my idea.
I tried to give charms something special, so i give them charges. It's important to make them something more than just another item with str/dex/int, ar and cc.
Charm words is interesting idea but it's to much work for one person to make it. I wouldn't mind if Blizzard make it tho
6/27/2013 6:05:26 AM
Suggestion: Reintroduce TalismanPosted in: Diablo III General Discussion
Hi, my name is Filip. I come from Poland and english is my third language, so please forgive me spelling errors. I'm following this game quite a while and i always thought about earlry development chages. Edriel, Yellonek and others with their nice ideas inspired me to do something similar. Edriel introduced some time ago his Talisman imaginations but i think it is not "diablo style"(btw. last idea The Mystic Pt.2 is awsome and very "diablo style"). I reintroduce Talisman idea as i suppose it ment to be with some additions from me.
What is Talisman?
As some of you know Blizzard at same point of developing the game thought how present charms in new form to the game. They were right that in D2 charms weren't super interesting and had one big problem:
They occupied the whole space!
Blizzard showed us at Blizzcon/some conference(?) a solution to this problem, which is Talisman.
You will find Talisman in your backpack. Talisman has additonal space only for charms. Charms work only in Talisman so you won't carry inventory full of them.
It's obvious you need to find Talisman in some quest. I chose already existing one: The Jar of Souls, but if Blizzard would make new interesting quest it would be awesome.
1. After defiting monsters from this Jar drops Talisman.
2. When you click on the star your inventory opens. As you can see there is space right for Talisman. If someone still use 4:3 monitor, the friends button can be alocated to the top or just disapear when you open inventory.
3. You can choose which part of talisman you want unlock. It gives player some sort of feeling that he decides about his hero. You will be able to unlock one space every 6 levels, so you will have full talisman around 57 level.
4.Now you can put your charm where it supposed to be.
It's time to introduce charms. In game we will be able to find diffrent kind of charms. The basic ones are magic charms:
Magic charms are randomly drop by monsters in all acts. They have 2 affixes each, becouse talisman has 9 slots and it would be too powerfull if they had more. Charms dont have a chance to roll cc, cd, as, becouse they promote diffrent bouilds. Possible magic charm can look like this:
As you can see charm can roll a charge skill affix. I thought it would be awesome if i could use some monk skills as a barb, but it would be too powerfull to use it all the time. Charges are somewhere between. Notice that it doesn't give additional damage, only skill efect. Possible skill charges are:
- Cyclone Strike - as above (only mele class can use it)
- Fists of Thunder - Thuderclap - there is a chace teleport your character to the target (only mele class can use it)
- Blinding Flash - when you attack you have a chace create a flash of light that blinds all enemies within 20 yards for 3 seconds
- Caltrops - when you are hit there is a chace you lay a trap of caltrops on the ground. The caltrops slow the movement of enemies within 12 yards by 60%. This trap lasts 6 seconds.
- Ignore pain - when you are hit there is a chace to reduces all damage taken by 65% for 5 seconds.
- Wave of Fore - when you have less then 10% live you discharge a wave of pure energy that repels projectiles and knocks back nearby enemies.
- and many others...
Yep we've got some. Special charms drop from unique monsters (unique monster would be buffed a lot), bosses and other players. They probably should be account bound.
Unique monsters charms:
You can see above a diffrent kind of charms - trophies. This particular one dropped from unique fallen shaman. It's part of this staff, but from diffrent unique monsters you can have diifrent items or part of bodies. Throphies take two slots in talisman. Examples:
- Nose of Capitan Daltyn (undead) - have a 40% chance to resist a frozen affix
- Bone of Merrium Skullthorne (skeleton) - have a chane to poison enemy when you are hit
- Soul of Jay Wilson (undead) - you are a pure evil ;)
Boss thophies are little better then from unique monsters. They have a very small chance to drop. Other examples:
- Zoltun Kulle's Skull - special ability chance to cast a energy twister
- Ghom's Tooth - special ability chance to cast gas cloud
The last charm i'm presenting is ear. I wonder have could i improve pvp/dueling. Players always needs a reward for what they doing. Now the only reaward is satisfaction from defiting someone, but it is not enought. How ear would drop depends on pvp systems Blizzard is going to make, but right now when you defeat someone there is a small chance to drop ear. Ears have affixes unsefull mostly in pvp like reduce damage, life regeneration and similar ones.
How to recharge a charm:
Firstly you destroy some charms to get a new material - blue ash. You can do it only with Mystic help.
Then you recharge your charm:
- I think trophies and ears should be accound bound to give player oportunity to find something cool be himself.
- Some of charms can be too powerfull so i think it would be fair if you can put only another trophies or ears in talisman not the same. Also in talisman you could have max three boss trophies and four ears.
I had a lot ideas about this systems for example set charms, charms words like runes words. If you have any opinions about that or any own ideas share with me.
Thats it. The end. Thanks for reading. If you like idea, like it and share it.
Ps. Once again sorry for my english.
I forgot to post picture how it will possibly look like at 60
9/7/2012 6:37:42 AM
I don't think we can play it, but i think it's interesting, because blizz said they never planed or tested to do PVP in normal game fields. Maybe they changed their opinions about it. Have you seen something like this before?Posted in: PvP Discussion
9/7/2012 6:11:51 AM
In polish forum user Lotar posted a picture where we can see his dead buddy and a text that says "Lotar zabija gracza Malinowy95 przy pomocy umiejętności Strzał bolasem". It means that he killed his friend Malinowy95 by using Bola Shot. Here is a picture www.fotosik.pl/pokaz_obrazek/pelny/12cc79168b9d3447.html and this topic eu.battle.net/d3/pl/forum/topic/4211002145Posted in: PvP Discussion
Strange bug or maybe it left after some test PVP in PVE mode?
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.