9/21/2012 11:36:15 AM
Although I know that it's incredibly difficult to make a profit off of Diablo 3 if you include leveling up your character, getting through all 4 difficulties, and then farming, I'm wondering that, after you've reached 375% magic find and can easily farm Act 3 (or Act 4? do people actively farm it?) Inferno, what kind of hourly rate are people getting? are they finding a 100 million gold item every hour? every 4 hours? once a week? I know it's incredibly variable, but there has to be an average or at least some indication of how much gold they're earning.Posted in: Theorycrafting and Analysis
8/30/2012 5:13:09 PM
Okay, so it looks like it's a combination of it being right in front of me and me not understanding how the game works.Posted in: Diablo III General Discussion
From the looks of it, there's only a set number of each type of gear (ie 42 different boots), and all the affixes/stats are just modifications those. So, using boots as an example, the highest non-legendary "base armor" (which is a term I made up) would be 280, and the highest for legendary/set is 355.
Thanks again to everyone for furthering my education.
8/30/2012 4:18:18 PM
I've tried looking, but I'm probably not using the right search terms. Basically, it's very easy for me to find places that list the maximum stat roll for all affixes/stats/attributes, but none of these list the most basic one. For damage, I understand that each class will have a different DPS for different weapons, so it might not make sense there, although there still should be some number that is getting modified to calculate the DPS (without MainStat or +Dam) when it's getting equipped. For armor, what is the max armor (for each piece) you can have before you need +Armor to go higher?Posted in: Diablo III General Discussion
Sorry if this is a stupid question. I know that it's either right in front of my eyes (and I'm not seeing it) or I have a basic misunderstanding about how Diablo calculates Armor/Damage for items.
8/30/2012 1:15:49 PM
Posted in: Demon Hunter: The DreadlandsQuote from baron01
Welcome to the forums. Zealot is a rank of the poster based on his activity. No need to worry about it though, many including myself did the same mistakeQuote from iamlost26Hey Zealot, Thanks for your help. The funny thing is that I had a lot of what you just mentioned before last night -- I was trying to farm Butcher, changing my skill set each time, so what I have now is not what I normally had. Basically, #1, #4, #5 were what I had before I started messing around with stuff. But I'll chnage it back, look at the new stuff you gave me, and see how that works out for me. Thanks!
Thanks baron01 I see that now and need to give credit where it's due!
8/30/2012 6:55:09 AM
Posted in: Demon Hunter: The DreadlandsQuote from baron01I wont comment on gear since it was addressed by other earlier, however, I suggest that you search around internet (these forums, official forums or just google) for proper 2nd weapon DH spec. What you have there is really bad and is probably limiting your progress more than the gear.
1. Fix your passives - just this will net you nice dps increase: (1) archery is a must have, (2) get rid of Tactical advantage, replace it by Steady Aim and keep your Sharpshooter untill you have 35% crit chance.
2. Replace hatred generator by Hungering arrow (Puncturing or Devouring rune) or Entangling shot if you need more crowd control (Chain gang or Shock Collar). Entangling shot is now doing decent amount of damage and provides extra slow on demand but Hungering arrow is still best damage generator..
3. Replace Multishot by Elemantal Arrow: Ball lightning. Best AOE and very cheap at the same time.
4. Get rid of Shadow Power. You do not have gear (LOH, survival stats, etc) for it anyway. Replace it by Preparation with Focused mind rune. Learn to time it just before you use your last discipline for Smoke Screen and continue fighting. Ensure you have some extra discipline on your gear (it is good to aim for +9-10 on quiver alongside with crit hit chance, it should be relatively cheap but powerful upgrade).
5. Change rune on Smoke Screen to Lingering Fog - there is no contender for it.
6. Replace rune on Caltrops to Hooked spines - this is by far the best slow/crowd control you can get. Those extra 20% has big impact on how fast mobs get past the trap.
7. Rapid fire is a no-go for your gear level as you will have to kite a lot. Use this slot for either another tactical ability or Impale. Impale is very good single target damage skill--use Grievous Wound rune if you have around 25% or more crit chance, otherwise, use Chemical Burn rune (make sure you dont hit the same target with Impale back to back or your overwrite part of the dot damage).
Above changes should improve your survival and give you tools to effectively kill stuff. Once you get better gear, you can start experimenting with different skills but it is good to start with basic build and all-around capabilities.
Hey Zealot, Thanks for your help. The funny thing is that I had a lot of what you just mentioned before last night -- I was trying to farm Butcher, changing my skill set each time, so what I have now is not what I normally had. Basically, #1, #4, #5 were what I had before I started messing around with stuff. But I'll chnage it back, look at the new stuff you gave me, and see how that works out for me. Thanks!
8/29/2012 6:25:17 PM
okay i'm going to work on this stuff. my biggest problem is the lack of patience for waiting for auctions to end, since I want to use all this new info right away. I've placed my bids and am waiting, though. Once I've made my upgrades, I'll get back to everyone.Posted in: Demon Hunter: The Dreadlands
Thanks for your help!
8/29/2012 4:37:00 PM
Thanks, that was awesome. That's exactly the help I need. Is there a place I can go to learn about this stuff, or is it just something that will come to me over time? Anyway, I will regroup with the information you gave me.Posted in: US Servers Trading
Sorry to the 20 pageviews for wasting your time!
8/29/2012 2:04:48 PM
Posted in: Demon Hunter: The DreadlandsQuote from SilvachMore crit chance and for the love of god, Crit DMG on weapon ;D
Quote from pr3ach3rpants, chest armor and left ring are your good items
ammy is weak, weapon needs moar everything.
you should farm act 1 more, better items are bound to drop, go cripts, festering, leoric front yard and warden + butcher.
Okay, good to know. If you read my intro you'll know that I'm just starting to figure out what I'm doing. What should I be looking for in a good amulet? And what's the best weapon I could upgrade to with ~2 mil budget?
8/29/2012 1:17:49 PM
bump... do ALL of my items suck?Posted in: US Servers Trading
8/29/2012 8:49:40 AM
Yeah... Act III is no go. Does anyone have suggestions on what I should focus on upgrading first?Posted in: Demon Hunter: The Dreadlands
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.