7/3/2012 2:51:22 PM
Hmm... I have a 25 to 32% crit chance and 19 AP on Crit... 100% or so crit dmg. Still, I didn't think it'd be enough. I'll have to try it out though, and I hope I eat my words.Posted in: Wizard: The Ancient Repositories
7/3/2012 1:03:03 PM
Posted in: Wizard: The Ancient RepositoriesQuote from GT4
Did him fairly easily on my MF alt Wizard today:
18 AP on crit
Energy Twister - Mistral Breeze
Hydra - Venom Hydra
Diamond Skin - Crystal Shell
Frost Nova - Cold Snap
Familiar - Sparkflint
Energy Armor - Force Armor
Glass Cannon/Evocation/Critical Mass
Run circles and spam Energy Twister/Diamond Skin/Frost Nova while keeping Hydra up - not hard at all. With some life on hit or good gear in general it should be ridiculously easy.
Edit: Just did a quick test and using Slow Time - Time Shell instead of Familiar, the fight is even easier. Couldn't test that earlier because of stacks.
No offense, but what you describe sounds impossible with those stats. How do you deal with the slimes? 23k dps... and energy twister. Seriously, do you frost nova every time slimes appear and then hydra them down? I'm missing something.
6/28/2012 3:48:04 PM
I don't know the rules to this, but I can suggest some things up to Act III. Act III is still new to me so not sure.Posted in: Wizard: The Ancient Repositories
One option is to go straight int/vit gear. You'll need just a few resists... so take advantage of low priced 35 resists all and stuff that barbs don't want.
You'll be able to afford:
1. Decent helms - 160+ int, 80+ vit. Consider crit stats... any will help.
2. Mediocre off-hand items - damage is most important... you'll spend an hour shopping because you can't sort for damage. Look for 80+ low end damage, 250+ high end damage. Int or Vit. Vit will be cheaper. You might luck out with arcane power stats.
3. Get the cheapest 12% movespeed boots you can find. I'd be surprised if you can find any with decent stats, so just look for vit and fire resist or something.
4. Good Shoulders are way expensive. Just try to get high vit and low int or vice versa.... or high vit with resists all.
5. Semi-Decent Chestpieces are cheap. Look for 160+ int, 60+ vit. The 3 socketed items with good enough stats can be found for 10k to 70k.
6. Legs - similar to chestpieces.
7. Rings. Consider one with int+ attack speed. Consider another with Int and/or vit and maybe resists fire/physical. Buy your rings last, as they aren't mega important but can fill in the gaps in whatever stats you need.
8. Belt. It seems like high int with any vit will cost you here, especially if paired with resists. But you sort of want resists on the belt because it doesn't have any other important stats (crit, weapon speed, crit dmg) really. Spend time trying to find a deal here.
9. Amulet. You can find highish int, 160+, fairly easily. But you need to consider crit chance or weapon speed here. Or some resists. Another option is 8 crit chance plus damage items (no other stats). They give you a nice dps boost and aren't easy to search for so aren't popular.
10. Gloves. Gloves are important for attack speed or crit stats.
11. Main weapon. Yeah... they are fricking expensive right now. I would probably suggest a wand with vit or just raw damage... you get some arcane power stuff "for free". You won't be able to afford anything great, but the weapon is extremely important for the mage. Perhaps make this 175-250k of your spending. Do not get a slow 1.2 speed one hander... it's too slow unless you have lots of attack speed buffs.
So what you may want to do is get high int on most items, and then go high vit on maybe 2 items to get a balance.
Hope that helps a little.
---edit--- Shoot for either 30k hp and 30k dps (unbuffed) or slightly less HP and more dps. I see a lot of ppl on the forums getting through most of the acts with those stats. Bosses are hard now... Ghom and the spider queen may very well be unkillable with only 1mill in the bank, especially solo. But if you are playing with your friend, you can help him through I imagine.
6/26/2012 3:28:11 PM
I have no choice to skip him for long because I never got far in ACT III, he's my next stepping stone to better farming areas. I'm going to try again tonight. I just watched a bunch of youtube videos for soloing him in 1.0.3, and it seems like there are a few options depending on your gear. Some people went melee/high life on hit (there may be a bug related to it), some people just kited well with blizzard, etc. I will have to use the kiting option and make sure I can kill those slimes quickly... those really seem key.Posted in: Wizard: The Ancient Repositories
6/26/2012 10:07:52 AM
OMG is this build good for ACT I if you have slightly better than ACT I gear. For the first time ever I put on 100% of my magic find gear and was able to progress quickly though an inferno Act. Thank you so much for this build, I made 350k gold last night in no time (not including a couple of decent drops that should sell for a lot), and it was fun.Posted in: Wizard: The Ancient Repositories
6/26/2012 9:39:24 AM
I'm sure you can get rid of either illusionist or evocation to be more aggressive, but I wanted to be extra sure I could have clones around or diamond skin on at all times. Against the mobs in that area, it was amazingly safe. And after spending gobs of money on repairs, I was sick of losing money in ACT III, so went the safe route.Posted in: Wizard: The Ancient Repositories
edit - Also I should add that my resists were pretty bad, so I wouldn't go glass cannon passive b/c that would get me killed too fast if one fire chain guy gets around me. I wasn't able to use up my arcane power so any of those passives would be useless. Wasn't using sig spells so none of them were good. I almost think with the style I was using nothing else made sense, except maybe critical mass which amounts to the same thing. Maybe cold dmg passive for blizzard would be nice.
edit2 - And along those lines, when I walk into a new area, I cast Mirror Image beforehand so I don't have to panic if there are a ton of ranged mobs firing all at once. I was able to progress through the dungeon quickly instead of like I was walking on glass. It was very liberating as a mage who usually is spending half of my time avoiding stuff that could kill me in a second with one lag spike or one misclick. I just absolutely love the way the mage plays with so much variety. Love love love it.
6/26/2012 9:32:04 AM
Good advice on the kiting and avoiding magic missle. You say he's a gear check now (agreed). Your dps is 44.5k dps, so what is your HP if you don't mind telling? I want to try him again, and can get 45k DPS but HP may be kinda low.Posted in: Wizard: The Ancient Repositories
And is piercing orb really enough to deal with the slimes? I tried it a bit, but again my dps was pretty low at the time. I've always hated piercing orb because of the way you can't aim it precisely, but I guess it's still good slight AOE type damage.
6/25/2012 1:21:04 PM
Your gloves could use crit chance or damage, too.Posted in: Wizard: The Ancient Repositories
6/25/2012 1:10:12 PM
Akuma, I'm no expert but I think you will have to give up some resists all for INT or other damage increases and a little bit more VIT for HP. The common theme I'm seeing is try to get around 30k life for ACT III inferno, and then as much DPS as you can squeeze out of gear you can afford. For instance, I had a build with 30k HP and 30k DPS that pretty much got me to Ghom. I am more crit oriented lately, but did get a nice ring drop that has IAS on it so I'm using it, too.Posted in: Wizard: The Ancient Repositories
IMO, keep your belt and boots. Get rid of the chest piece and look for 150+ int on it with some vit. Of course you may have a build that works with less dps, so just take things with a grain of salt.
6/25/2012 12:56:14 PM
I was wondering if slow time would be good, so I like that you used it before with good results. I was trying some piercing orbs, but with my lower dmg I couldn't kill the slimes fast enough. With a 20% buff I may get through it.Posted in: Wizard: The Ancient Repositories
About arcane dynamo, I was wondering just how it worked with hydras. So if you get it 5 stacked and then cast hydra, that hydra does more dps until it disappears? The worry was that it would only work for the first volley of hydra attacks. But if not, with the time slow and blizzard slow, it seems like it'd be worth it. Great idea.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.