6/1/2013 7:25:17 AM
Yay blue post saw my vid xDPosted in: Monk: The Inner Sanctuary
5/27/2013 7:26:48 AM
the person above me not post his link.Posted in: Monk: The Inner Sanctuary
here is my http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Kobrakai-6376/hero/5744579
5/17/2013 7:16:05 AM
Posted in: Diablo III General DiscussionQuote from Starburst
Instead of thinking about how ineffective their build would be for solo, look at how effective it is in a party.
Thats the problem their build would not. There is no true party build that is effective in this game, at least not one that cut all ties with a regular all purpose build of said class. This is not a role rpg, there is no support, healer, tank, etc. Everyone deals damage and offer support. If you downgrade your surviability or damage to offer any of these thing, you are making things worse for the team, not better. Should i take a tanking barb with 50 dps because he can vaccum the mobs or a 300k dps archon wizard? The answer is the wizard, as much as pulling the mob is cool, the barb will make it 6 time longer to kill elite packs and bosses.
Same goes for any classes, you cannot be support if you dont pull any dps or have paper wet surviability and die alot on high MP. The funny part in this thread is that people point out to party build and only mention stuff like barb giving shout, cyclone strike, cm wizard. News flash these are common all purpose build that everyone use, cyclone strike is very good damage on its own you can use it solo. CM is the best high mp build for wizard, solo or not. There is no viable support builds, not one that you cannot use solo, not one.
Guiding Light monk is a party build , you can't get guiding light buff from playing solo
5/16/2013 6:50:06 AM
Posted in: Monk: The Inner SanctuaryQuote from Elendiro+1 for manga
guide suck but manga is good xD
5/15/2013 11:49:43 PM
Nirvana has been out for a longggggggg time but its just never get an attention because no one really care even the Diablofans sitePosted in: Monk: The Inner Sanctuary
even my guide here still get ignore from the community.
5/14/2013 1:25:40 AM
search nirvana build in googlePosted in: Monk: The Inner Sanctuary
5/14/2013 12:43:09 AM
Posted in: Diablo III General DiscussionQuote from StrafirBecause it's a single player action RPG only means that it is possible to play the game alone but that doesn't change how effective group play can be if you do it right. If a party consists of 4 individuals all doing their own thing they will never reach the same effectiveness they would by playing alone.
Imagine a scenario where a monk, barb, wizard and wd are doing playing together.
- The barb has WOTB with the 100% dmg increase rune and a aoe pull-in.
- The monk has the party wide 48% dmg increase mantra and a aoe pull-in.
- The wd has the party wide 30% dmg increase totem.
- Wizard has the 20% dmg increase bubble and keeps enemies frozen.
Grouping can be a great experience if you do it with people that can put their ego aside and are willing to work together. Expecting awesome results when random queuing with borderline retarded strangers is just dumb.
how to like this comment ?
5/13/2013 5:05:04 PM
your build is(classic cookie cutter build) single target focus damage(and hope friend to stack with you on every BoH cooldown or in cyclone strike - sooth breeze 24yard area) but my build is buffing party in 40 yard and provide all resist and life regen without need to stack. Press and forget style and also apply debuff to monster.Posted in: Monk: The Inner Sanctuary
my build is meant for when there is another monk in the party who already use MoC , then you don't want to use same mantra with other monk that's when my build is come into play.
as I mention above this spec can't compete dps with those cookie cutter build (see introduction).
In the perfect world spam MoC - Overawe every 3 second(debuff 48% damage taken 100% uptime)is the most dps increase of all build that exist in this game. but if there is a monk that already spamming MoC for me in pub game or private game. so there is no reason for me to using the same mantra as him.(if you trust him that he can acually spam MoC every 3 second and you hitting the same mob with him/her)
I have tried cyclone strike - soothing breeze and the result was not good, some people were missing the buff because too far and they are not stacking in 24yard range. You could buff some people that bring close-range spec for example WD-Firebat or CM Wiz but those long range build like normal DH(not close-range bomb spec) or Archon Wiz they not always stick with you all the time.
5/13/2013 10:52:52 AM
Posted in: Monk: The Inner SanctuaryQuote from silentsamI've put together a similar thread (http://www.diablofan...-farming-build/), so it's nice to see another perspective on the GL build.
Few things I thought I'd point out.
- Why Mantra of Healing? I know it's there to activate GL, but the DPS boost from Mantra of Conviction should be more beneficial. Especially with the 3 second DPS boost when it's cast.
- GL can be activated with Breath of Heaven or Cyclone Strike, both provide DPS increases also. If range is a concern rune BoH for the range, in that case you'd have 12% from MoC (all the time) and then 20% boost from GL/BoH activation.
- Why not use Way of the Hundred Fists: Blazing Fists? Nice increase to your attack speed, as you pointed out it's important (in your gear section).
- Thoughts on Blinding Light: Faith in the Light? Seems the DPS boost and (short) get out of jail free card is definitely a plus.
In pub game how can u make everyone stack on you when you gonna use breath of heaven xD ?
Cyclone strike would do but how you gonna tell those range dps to stack on you in pub game ? or people chasing elite far away from 24 yard cyclone strike. Mantra of Healing is like press it and forget it.
WotHF is for personal dps boost build as I say you could change the skill you like but i prefer to get into the middle of the 100mob and crippling it for apply 10% increae damage taken debuff for my party (also slow move and attack speed).
Blinding Light is good but what skill you gonna use for spirit spender ?
from all above what MP do u mention? all I tested is mp8-10, as I said this build is perfectly when there is "another monk" around that already use MoC for you.
5/12/2013 6:29:42 AM
Posted in: Monk: The Inner Sanctuary
This guide is originally wrote by me in Thai language and my english isn't strong so forgive me if this guide make you hard to understand in someway. The purpose of this guide is meant for monk that want to focus on more party srpport play style and make a good use of Guiding Light passive.
2.1 Active Skill
2.2 Passive Skill
3. Optional Playstyle Ability
3.1 Active Skill
3.2 Passive Skill
4. Gear Itemization
5.1 Special Situation
- This build is meant for the party play or pub game where you will be playing with other people and make a good use of mantra ofhealing spell to buff party with Guiding Light passive +20% damage to all party member.
- This build not meant for solo.
- This build is very effective if there is other monk is party and who use Mantra of Conviction for you.
- This build can't compete dps with Cookie Cutter Build if you really want to maximum your dps this build isn't the one you looking for.(spamming MoC - Overawe every 3 second is the best dps increase for you and party member)
- This build change defense to offense , change offense to defense. You defense yourself while you fighting and you fighting with all of your defense to Maximum the power of both defensive and offensive
- Best use with dual wield weapon for fast attack and apply the debuff to monster(2 hand could play this but not recommanded due to slow attack speed and you have to keep wasting spirit for mantra of healing to keep the buff on everybody and yourself. better use spirit on pure wave of light build)
- Bring debuff slow movement 30%, reduce attack speed 20%, increase damage taken 10%
- Buff all party member increase 20% damage (including monk too)
- Buff all resistant to all party member by 20%
- Guarantee Guiding Light buff on all party member with in 40 yard with no need to stack too close to monk
- Cannot compete damage debuff with Cookie Cutter build that spamming MoC - Overawe every 3 second
- Uneffective for solo play
The core ability that I recommended for first time play this build is (which leave you optional skill to choose depend on your playstyle)
what my build right now (but I swap to cyclone strike more often because people love that skill)
2.1 Active Skill
Fist of Thunder - Thunderclap
Stick to the target all the time with fast and furious strike punch
Detail - 110% weapon damage as Lightning and follow by 35% weapon damage as Lightning (only 1st and 2nd that have 35% bonus punch). Third punch is an AoE cone hitting all target in front of the monk for 110% weapon damage as Lightning (no 35% include on 3rd punch)
Tips : get close into melee range in no time with blink effect also effective against fleeing mob
Image removed due to its file extension: http://www.d3thai.com/board/forum.php?mod=image&aid=13031&size=300x300&key=26d7f9b8ce6a89d687f23ad909dfd47d&nocache=yes&type=fixnoneSweeping Wind - Cyclone
Do I have to say more? all monk was born with it. This ability is a free dps increase. Use it once and let it do the job.
Detail - at 3 stack it does 60% weapon damage as physical can combo with life steal but Life on hit doesn't count. Small Tornados does 26% weapon damage is Lightning and can crit
Tips : more attack speed you have , more nados =D (you must crit to make it pop)
Image removed due to its file extension: http://www.d3thai.com/board/forum.php?mod=image&aid=13032&size=300x300&key=d8061408d8f7efb243a8fd58b5826ff0&nocache=yes&type=fixnoneDeadly Reach - Foresight
First time I use this skill, I feel like the picture above xD and since then this ability is a must have for me. I love this skill. =D
Deadly Reach the long range melee ability that can make you keep dpsing while maintaining the distance between you and mob with rune Foresight 18% damage increase buff 30second.
Detail - 110% weapon damage as physical
Tips : Good against waller when u can punch thru the wall and those AoE ground effect such as Plague, Molten and Desecrator when you cannot get close to the target.
Image removed due to its file extension: http://www.d3thai.com/board/forum.php?mod=image&aid=13036&size=300x300&key=3293eee64c611b628408c7df448eaca2&nocache=yes&type=fixnoneCrippling Wave - Breaking Wave
Get surround by the new mob density? No problem. Crippling Wave offer you a good debuff and wide area hit in close range.
Detail - 110% weapon damage as physical of all mob in 180 degree in front of you. Every 3rd punch it deal damage everymob around you and apply debuff slow movement 30% and slow attac speed for 20% 3second.
with rune Breaking Wave also apply 10% more damage taken to target.
Tips: Get surround? use it. but if single target you could use it every 3 second for apply Breaking Wave debuff(debuff looks like purple chinese text in target head).
Image removed due to its file extension: http://www.d3thai.com/board/forum.php?mod=image&aid=13038&size=300x300&key=66e8fdb714e52de0b5d6b6dbf8cafd3f&nocache=yes&type=fixnoneMantra of Healing - Time of Need
The Core of the build, Mantra of Healing offer life regen and all resistant to party member. The Shield Absorb from the first 3 second of the mantra act like "direct healing" which Guarantee Guiding Light Buff too all party member with in 40 yard. So you don't have to use call everybody to stack on you when you gonna buff everyone up with Breath of Heaven.
Detail - 620 Life regen / second with 20% allresist with rune Time of Need
Tips : If you can see everybody in your screen, Buff them !!
2.2 Passive Skill
Nothing special since u guys can see 3 spirit generator is being use and the name of the build =D.
Image removed due to its file extension: http://www.d3thai.com/board/forum.php?mod=image&aid=13040&size=300x300&key=e0396b80c0571f3751c2f378f786e9c4&nocache=yes&type=fixnoneGuiding Light
Since healing is defensive we will make it into offensive by this passive
Detail - Direct healing ability to party member will cause buff 20% increase damage to party and monk for 15 second
Tips: Here is the skill that proc Guiding Light = Breath of Heaven all rune, Cyclone Strike - Soothing Breeze, Mantra of Healing all rune, Inner Saunctuary - Safe Haven.
Image removed due to its file extension: http://www.d3thai.com/board/forum.php?mod=image&aid=13041&size=300x300&key=c0dfbc5b743996dc5684c9d2d4e502da&nocache=yes&type=fixnoneCombination Strike
Since we use 3 spirit gen this passive would bring more dps while we rotation on slaying monster
Detail - each time we use different spirit generator we got more 8% damage buff
Tips : keep practice using many Spirit generator for full benefit of this passive.
3.Optional Playstyle Ability
we have 15 second to spend all spirit we got in that time so choose the spender you like
Green = Recommend
Red = Not recommend
3.1 Active Skill
Lashing Tail Kick = Low damage and not worth spirit. skip
Tempest Rush = This skill suit for paragon lvling but not for farming high mp. Even if u want to use it for getting out of fire or some bad ground effect this skill is still not the answer in term of how you gonna get rid of those spirit when you already full buff from guiding light + 3 combination strike. Skip
Image removed due to its file extension: http://www.d3thai.com/board/forum.php?mod=image&aid=13051&size=300x300&key=fddd3bd0b24bfccade3c1c8d6c9a0e51&nocache=yes&type=fixnoneSeven-Sided Strike = We want spirit spender to release all spirit we have when full buff and full spirit not the cooldown skill. Skip
Wave of Light = High Damage output and good when you need time to take a breath. I prefer rune 2(Explosive Light) but then again its your choice choose your best playstyle.
Image removed due to its file extension: http://www.d3thai.com/board/forum.php?mod=image&aid=13049&size=300x300&key=574b0c988f865d6347d298a89e601447&nocache=yes&type=fixnoneExploding Palm = Good for Elite kill if u can manage to let them die close to each other. Not sure about the DoT you make on mob will proc the Life Steal or not I never test it. Suggest rune - The Flesh is Weak. Good Choice if you do uber too.
Image removed due to its file extension: http://www.d3thai.com/board/forum.php?mod=image&aid=13050&size=300x300&key=3034ee41743354a82d34a9080225a4b8&nocache=yes&type=fixnoneCyclone Strike = Everybody love it and so do you. Suggest rune - Implosion 34 yard (Pull up to 8 enemy)
3.2 Passive Skill
Resolve - more debuff -s good
Transcendence - self heal when use spender is good
Seize the initiative - more armor is good
Near Death Experience - Cheating the dead is good
Exalted Soul - More spirit to spend is good but only good when you want to spam bell for releasing high burst damage
The Guardian's Path - increase dodge, nothing interested here. Skip
Sixth Sense - same above. Skip
One With Everything - new generation monk please try to avoid this passive
Fleet Footed - high mp you don't need to run fast, you need to stick with group but then its your choice.
Chant of Resonance - Skip
Pacifism - Only frozen and some mob in act 4 will make this passive shrine but its a useless if u can manage to dodge those things. Skip
Beacon of Ytar - we got no cooldown to reduce here
- about gear itemization it really depend on playing style but I recommend on this build to use dual wield for fast attack speed.
- Echo Fury ?. If u hate fear skip this. if you don't then use it. it's up to you. It's bad combo with cyclone strike when u try to vacuum the mob and then its run away.
- Try to reach 24% movement speed from any part of your gear
- Try to use weapon with lifesteal to keep yourself alive while hitting mob
- Life Steal can combo with most of skill use while Life on Hit don't
- achieve EHP as high as you can
Pretty much the same on white mob or Elite kill only different is when you get surround by bunch of white mob
you might wanna keep using Crippling wave instead of FoT
- Get close to the target by FoT. Keep punching until u can use Sweeping Wind
- Cast Sweeping Wind
- Deadly Reach until you get buff Foresight
- Check if any nearby allied with in 40 yard range then use Mantra of Healing for Guiding Light buff
- Continue spam FoT
- Crippling Wave every 3 second (count down it in your mind) for debuff 10% increase damage taken
- Use spirit spender when full by skill of your choise
- Keep Using Mantra of healing every 15 second for Guiding Light buff (make sure allied is in range)
- Deadly Reach when the Foresight buff is gone
- Repeat step 5-9
If you get surround by bunch of mob spam Crippling Wave instead of FoT. Only FoT once for Combination Strike passive buff
This is picture below is when I bring wave of light instead of cyclone strike
for Explosive Palm I suggest to go read
you will understand about the mechanic about that skill before using it that guide wrote by invis
This build is made for party farming but I also have test it with uber mp10 with both wave of light and explosive palm which frankly its work well. This build will make a huge dps increase if you got another monk who using MoC - Overawe spam.
The Skill of choice can be have change if you fully understand about the mechanic of the skills but I suggest to try this build first then when you understand the mechanic you are welcome to change the skill that fit to your playstyle.
my tag kobrakai#6376
P.S. sorry for my bad english translate
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.