source?Quote from Gheed2010Quote from overneatheI try not to say this into too many topics, but people don't like remembering it.
That's an excellent summary, o.
And here's a factoid for you - Jay was leading the Diablo team for longer than the time between the beginning of the Diablo development contract (March 1995) and the release of Lord of Destruction in June 2001.
As our resident historian, I thought you would enjoy that bit of trivia.
1/18/2013 1:45:23 AM
Posted in: Diablo III General Discussion
1/13/2013 2:50:50 AM
I think this patch contains only a few tweaks which could be implimented via hotfixes. Only one of the major problems got attention in this patch, but in such a bad way that it still need a lot of work (duelling).Posted in: Diablo III General Discussion
The major Problems of the game are not really touched:
- Group play is still not rewarding. In D2 leveling alone was not rewarding. Diablo was designed as a multiplayer game, and we multiplayer part of d3 is the auction house.
Solution: Just tweak the xp numbers in multiplayer games. This will not resolve the whole problem, like mobs running away from ww barbs or or specc needed last hits like archon sorcs.
- The stat based Item system. In Diablo 2 there were 2 Slots that were really stat based. rare amus and circlets (e.g. +2 Paladin skills) Too many Items are for one or two classes only cuz of the prime stat. To fix this wont be easy. The first idea coming to my mind is to remove str/int/dex and put a +xxx to your prime stat affix in it. This will enhance the chance that a item is good.
The second part of the loot system are the legendaryys with random stats. They should go back to the drawing board here and think about it how legendarys were in d2 and what made them so great.
- PvP, Team PvP and finding Games for PvP.: This patch will introduce duelling, but till now there is no 2on2 possible or even 3on3 4on4 cuz of the stupid 4 player maximum. Finding PvP players outside of your friendlist will be horrorbil. They should have released arenas for duelling with game names and a simple matchmaking. I really cant imagine why they scrubed this. Balancing wont be possible, this is the only fact that speaks for not releasing arenas. Personaly i dont like PvP but a big part of the Playerbase does. So its important for a game like D3 to have a big playerbase cuz of the itemsystem.
- Act Mob density: This Problem is mentioned so long and would be so easy to fix. Each area should only have a few numbers to fix. Packs x-y and normalmob1 x-y normalmob2 x-y normalmob3 x-y ... NormalmobN x-y. Should be no rocketscience to fix this.
- Resources System. I think it was a big mistake to impliment rage, mana, arcane power disc/hate and spirit. This leads in the same lootproblem like stat based items and forces the players to use shit resources generating skills/runes. Also this takes out the speed of a speed based game. One main reason why the WW barb is so popular is that th resources does not matter so much is that the resource is nearly infinit. Dont have a clue for a quick solution.
- Bots: I reaally dont think they do anything about bots. They claim to ban bots in waves. I know a lot of players that bot out the hell of Diablo since months 24/7 and not a singel one of them got banned. I really doubt that they really ban bots. there are only 3 possibilitys:
a) they dont want to ban them, cuz they are selling on rmah
they cant detect them
c) they dont want to put the effort to ban/detect them
Bots need to be banned instant if they are detected, only this can stop the economy problem, but this is already too late. Without major changes to dectecting/baning and a kind of item reset like ladder this porblem cant be solved.
- Sockets: Every Item that can have a socket must have the maximum sockets. This is just retarded. We need a socket quest. The second part is the poor choice we have to put things in that sockets. The only choice we have is in our Helm. Life/Mf/Exp. The choice ends with reaching Para 100. Only life is left. Perhaps they changed the choice in weapons with the coming patch. We really need something like resi all gem with a nice goodie in helms/weapons like pickup radius/critchance/attackspeed/ a new special effekt
- crafting: just add ilvl 63 crafts without boa
12/20/2012 4:36:19 AM
Too late.Posted in: Diablo III General Discussion
I see em duping 2nd highest gems and upgrade em once.
6/21/2012 6:14:52 PM
Its rly an overpowered change. Wonder how long it will take till the Bonus, Shadowpower and Gloom will get nerfed to the ground.Posted in: Demon Hunter: The Dreadlands
5/13/2012 4:00:10 PM
There is a mistake. The Gem Bonis are known in other slots. Rubys give Strength for example. In the last Video on the mainpage "what is diablo" were some gems socket into legs. you can see the bonus. (min 2:26)Posted in: Diablo III General Discussion
I think it was a ruby 2nd grade with +10 str. amy +10 vita
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.