I am using a "kid running from chickens" build ( http://us.battle.net...RdSU!ZVX!aYZZcZ ) in Inferno since Act 1. I hate the mana problems any real damage build runs into, and i don't like keeping everything on cooldown to work around this with VQ. Plus i tried to make something that works best against champions and elites, since everything else should be easy in this game. I used Unbreakable Grasp for Act 1, but i don't think it works very well in Act 2 and especially not against the enemies i have the most problems with (fast mobs just run through it without missing a beat), so i took Hex, which works best for keeping mobs off of you in my opinion. It also gives you an easy target for your Locusts.
I run around with a staff for the dot spells and keep the rest of my equip balanced around Int, resists, mf and gf and a bit of vit. I don't want to go for a glasscannon. I think it may be the best way to go for the moment, but its not my style. That also means i will be stuck in Act 2 a while longer, unless i change things up a bit.
Anyway, the problem is that my damage is pretty low, I only have around 24k dps without Soul Harvest stacks. I may switch out Blood Ritual for Pierce the Veil soon, but i tried that before and was running into mana problems. God, i hate mana so much. Can't remember feeling so restricted by a resource in a blizzard game since trying out a cat feral druid in wow.
- 6/1/2012 12:52:39 AM Posted in: Witch Doctor: The Mbwiru Eikura
5/29/2012 6:02:21 PM
Yeah, i ran into him by accident a while agoPosted in: Diablo III General Discussion
5/29/2012 12:24:11 AM
How is this hard to figure out by reading the spells?Posted in: Witch Doctor: The Mbwiru Eikura
5/28/2012 1:38:54 PM
Maybe i misspoke, i think that unbreakable grasp is the best glyph for Grasp of the Death, too, i just don't like the spell too much for inferno period. At least for my playstyle its not worth the slot, sadly. Its great against slower mobs, but i don't need a slow for slower mobsPosted in: Witch Doctor: The Mbwiru Eikura
5/28/2012 12:45:44 PM
Most of this makes sense. I am playing a Splitter/Searing Locust/Haunt run and gun Doc in Act 2 inferno currently. A few things:Posted in: Witch Doctor: The Mbwiru Eikura
- I dont think Unbreakable Grasp is very good later on. Definately not a S in my book. It only makes the trash mobs more trivial, but it doesn't really work too well for the hard part, the fast elites. Hex (i use Jinx) does the job of keeping elites away from you way better in my opinion, and it gives me a window for applying the locusts.
- On that subject, Pestilence Locust is not really necessary. You would need a huge group of trash to make this glyph worthwile in my opinion. Without it it spreads fast enough. While fun it is probably the worst Locust glyph.
- Have enough defense and Jungle Fortitude gets worthwile. I can take a few hits while kiting around and applying my dots. At least this is true for the first half of Inferno. Time will tell if i can get the same results with better gear in Act 3 and 4.
- Why do you feel Blood Ritual has to be paired with Spirtual Attunement? I use this mainly for the hp regen, and it cuts just enough mana cost for me to cast unhindered. I have a build that doesn't spend too much mana in the first place though (which is the main reason i am useing it), so you might have a point for builds that rely on spamming something that costs mana.
5/26/2012 8:28:30 AM
Posted in: Diablo III General DiscussionQuote from StraightOuttaCompton
It IS what we wanted, us Diablo2 fans.
What you are your WoW friends want does not apply to Diablo.
Wanna play a dumbed down game ? Go back to WoW.
Thats cute, you speaking for the millions of Diablo 2 fans who want a graphical update for their ancient game and nothing else. Can't make that shit up.
5/22/2012 1:32:51 AM
Yeah, its available in Inferno.Posted in: Diablo III General Discussion
5/16/2012 9:51:08 PM
My Doc is 44 at the moment, dotting around in act 3 nightmare. I am mainly running around with 1 or 2 friends, so my experience may be a little off because i think i would play different if i was alone. I am mainly around for dishing out damage in our little troupe at the moment, so all the nice crowd control abilites did not see much use yet. Anyway, here is my list:Posted in: Witch Doctor: The Mbwiru Eikura
- My jolly restless giant. He is adorable. He isn't really that useful to me in group play, but i can't do without him anymore.
- Locust swarm and resentful spirit haunt combo. This is my favorite thing ever, especially indoors when the enemies are grouped closer together. I love killing hordes of enemies with 1 or 2 casts.
- Dire Bats - If i dont use haunt with locust swarm i use this after getting a good line of fire with my Spirit Walk.
- 2/4 Primary spells: Rain of Toads is awesome for aoe and still okay for single target, and i really like Flash Fire and Roll the bones Firebomb for cleaning long, narrow passages. I switch between those most of the time.
- Spirit Walk, honored guest - i am always out of mana, so this thing helps a lot, but even without the mana i would use it, mobility is too important to pass this up
- A slow weapon, 5 stacks Soul harvest + 5 stacks gruesome feast + pierce the veil + explosive beast. This makes for a not very practical gameplay experience since you are practically out of mana after 3 casts, but it had to be done. I like the big numbers, and seeing the first crit over 10k made me a happy camper. After that landmark i switched to a playable combo again. I will however revisit this setup once i have the Zombie Tower
- Soul Harvest - Its too good, making it feel mandatory, making me lose a spellslot for funner things, and it makes longer ranged builds a bit weird. Remove this spell and rebalance us if necessary
- Zombie Dogs - gave up on them on normal, they died way too fast and i had too few skill slots for other cool things. I may give them another try before hitting hell, because i rather enjoy them visually
- Spirit Barrage - until highly specialized single target damage gets really important, this is not useful to me. I wanted to like this one, since a spirit based Doc was my main goal before starting, but i dont see it happen with this spell.
- all those long cooldown spells - boring. Fetish army is cute, though.
- Acid Cloud - i don't really like this one, and i think its because Locust swarm is just more fun to me. But i havent written this one off and will have to sink my teeth into it at one point. Corpse bomb sounds fun.
Overall i had a blast so far.
5/14/2012 11:02:27 AM
Posted in: Diablo III General DiscussionQuote from Leeodin
Quote from Astion
I just received my CE. However I only got 2 guest passes for WoW....
Am I missing something?
No, I said in the title. It's random - I got 2 D3 ones in one and 2 WoW ones in the other. So it seems to be inconsistent.
All keys sent out now. Enjoy those that got one and please thank the few people that contributed. It wasn't just me remember!
I got 2 wow and 2 D3 guest passes in my regular edition. Weird. Anyway, congratulations to the winners
5/14/2012 7:36:56 AM
Me and a handful of friends will play the game at the same time, talking in teamspeak, spoilering each other, having fun. Most likely alone or in pairs at first, no need to ruin the scenery with too many spelleffects early on in my opinion. We won't rush thingsPosted in: Diablo III General Discussion
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.