Quote from AntirepublicanThis is the proper way to make a successful solo-player DH build.
6 easy steps to making a proper DH build
These are the six basic mental steps I take to make any of my demon hunter builds, as it ensures an extremely well rounded build with plenty of fire power and survivability.
- Step 1: Completely ignore the template set in place by blizzard. Calling the blizzard template garbage would be an insult to garbage.
- Step 2: Pick 1 out of the five Hatred generators.
- Step 3: Pick 2 Hatred spenders. One should be more AoE centric, while the other more single target.
- Step 4: Pick 2 Defensive Discipline spenders. These are your primary defensive skills and include: Caltrops, Smoke Screen, Shadow Power & Vault.
- Step 5: Pick 1 complimentary skill. These are more situational or passive skills which include: Companion, Preparation, Marked for Death, Fan of Knives, Rain of Vengeance, & Sentry.
- Step 6: Make sure you choose 3 passives that synchronize well with your build. Also try to avoid the obvious weak choices such as: thrill of the hunt, sharpshooter, hot pursuit and broodling.
This is in essence the box. If you are thinking outside the box, then that is fine; but just be aware that there will only be a handful of good builds, comparatively speaking, that won't fall into this template.
I almost agree with everything, but i prefer to use an hatred generation that gives me mobility too and then taking a defensive skill only.
I'll use sentry only if it is spammable, if not i'll look for something else (probably marked for death/contagion), and probably i'd change the rocket build too.
this is for solo playing obviously