The are three forms of attack with this build:
1) Magic Missile - Split into 5 with the rune. Casting within Stretch time will increase cast speed, passives will allow it to slow enemies and generate AP.
2) Energy Twister - With the misdetailed Storm Chaser Rune. I intend to cast stretch time and diamond skin in order to cast three energy twisters in 3 seconds for 60 AP. The following Magic Missile should release a super Twister (from the Storm Chaser rune) that does ~1000% dmg/sec.
3) Wave of Force - As melee opponents get too close, or projectiles become threatening, wave of force is used to back them all up.
- 2/28/2012 9:59:17 AM Posted in: Diablo III General Discussion
2/15/2012 3:19:51 PM
@InfamousGK Alabaster runes for all except Diamond Skin, which has a Golden rune.Posted in: Wizard: The Ancient Repositories
@jaclashflash Golden Diamond Skin takes an already cheap spell and makes it even cheaper (60% cheaper). The idea is to get cast speed reduced by ~50% so that Arcane Torrent can be cast ~6 times in those three seconds (all based on unsupported casting assumptions). That would only cost 48AP (+15AP for the teleport) to send ~30-40 missles in every direction, each causing 312% explosive damage. With +AP on crit and Critical Mass, there would be little to no delay between opportunities to cast the Death Blossom.
I'd argue that Virtuoso in a Stretch Time Bubble is an offensive spell too.
2/15/2012 12:18:36 PM
Hey everyone, this is my first post, but I've been a longtime reader. I wasn't going to share my intended build, but this anxious wait till launch is killing me. Some nuances may change as spells and abilities are updated, but the general framework of the character will stay as this.Posted in: Wizard: The Ancient Repositories
DEATH BLOSSOM WIZARD
+Crit Chance, +Crit Dmg, +AP on Crit, +Attack Speed
The biggest focus is on +Attack Speed, as it has dramatic effects on both types of attacks and +Crit Chance will come predominantly from spells.
The are two general forms of attack with this build:
1) Basic Attack - With Virtuoso and within the SlowTime/StretchTime Bubble. The +30% Attack Speed from the bubble combined with gear upgrades will result in a machine-gun-like rate of fire with +100% damage and AP/Life drain from Virtuoso. This attack is used to clear stragglers, wait for cooldowns, and replenish AP/Life.
2) Death Blossom - The bread and butter attack, it is a series of spells that goes like this:
- Approach a mob on foot, teleport towards them and use the wormhole feature to teleport to an ideal location - an open area of the map, in the middle of the mob, next to atleast 5 enemies.
- Instantly cast SlowTime. If the teleportation wasn't ideal, wait for slowed melee attackers to approach.
- Cast Frost Nova. With any teleportation skill and hesitation in the bubble, this should hit 5 enemies and trigger the +30% Crit Chance.
- Instantly cast diamond skin. The absorbing nature of this protection means your casting won't get interrupted by ranged attackers. The key though, is the Prism runestone that reduces Arcane Torrent to 8AP per cast.
- Instantly begin spamming Arcane Torrent. The idea is to increase attack speed with StretchTime and gear so as to cast as many Arcane Torrents as possible in the 3 seconds of 60% AP cost reduction (from Diamond Skin). With Death Blossom as it is now, missles will have AOE exploding damage of 312% sent in random directions. The uncontrollable nature of the attack shouldn't matter since you have teleported into the middle of the mob.
- Continue casting Arcane Torrent until out of AP (no other need for AP, other than armor), and then clean up ranged attackers and stragglers with Basic Attack. 9 to 10 casts of Arcane Torrent should be feasible without considering AP regen.
- In cases where a tougher opponent isn't dead, Illusionist will allow an escape on first contact.
As of writing this, the longest outstanding cooldown will be SlowTime. It should be at around 12 seconds by the time AP is drained, minus any benefits from Critical Mass. Assuming a high rate of crit, a conservative estimate of 6 seconds off cooldowns would allow you to repeat this attack every 5 seconds or so.
The Scoundrel companion looks like the most suitable fit, with all right-side options (except maybe Anatomy). His main purpose will be distracting and cleaning up surrounding ranged attackers.
The major obstacle, as I see it, is the need for Alabaster Runestones.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.