- 12/27/2012 2:12:57 PM Posted in: News & Announcements
- 12/27/2012 2:12:57 PM Posted in: General Discussion
3/8/2012 3:55:44 PM
USPosted in: Diablo III General Discussion
Original thread http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4139865470?page=1 (Full 26 Pages long)
2nd Thread http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4139128300?page=1
i'm posting in both as to increase awareness! and because i want my chat back that much
please if you want to see change and don't want the blizzard team to just fob us off with mediocre chat/community system help me keep these threads buzzing and alive!
3/6/2012 4:41:54 PM
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4139865470Posted in: Diablo III General Discussion
have your say!
3/6/2012 2:19:59 PM
Snake talkPosted in: Diablo III General Discussion
3/6/2012 1:26:10 PM
Fix our bloody chat channels ... ahemPosted in: Diablo III General Discussion
3/6/2012 12:39:43 PM
The fact is! whining here isnt going to change much but make people aware of this issue here!Posted in: Diablo III General Discussion
only way to make Bashiok not post another comment like "people don't really care about the chat anyway"
is to take it to the official Bnet forums and show we are not happy with the current state of the chat system, The lack of being able to name games, the in-game chat spam so u cant even hold a conversation! the lack of chat channels and general chat, the lack of avatars and lots more!
all we want is for blizzard to rethink the chat system! and if you sit on your hands and do nothing and expect others to be doing it for you then that is not the attitude!
3/6/2012 3:59:29 AM
yeah who removed the chat gem! grrrrPosted in: Diablo III General Discussion
3/5/2012 6:09:10 PM
Credit FawxPosted in: Diablo III General Discussion
OK I am about to do something amazing and blow you're minds. I'm going to show why Blizzard gets it and yet doesn't at the same time.
Blizzard introduced in-depth quest tracking and boss loot tables in game over the course of WoW's lifetime. Why did they do this? Because they were finding that more and more people were alt tabbing/leaving the game to do these things. Instead they wanted this information to be easily accessible in-game. This helped to keep the game feel more whole, instead if disconnected with the need to have multiple browser tabs open to jump from Thottbot page to Thottbot page.
Blizzard also realized that making clans/chat channels to organize, hang out and chat with people that played their games was a opportunity to help the players foster a community. It's why these features have been a staple of all B.Net 1 games and WoW.
However somehow in these last few years of B.Net 2 development these key points have been forgotten.
1) With clan support gone, SC2 and D3 players are forced to rely on third party websites and apps in order to create and manage a clan. They must also rely on forums, which many players may not visit, in order to recruit new players. This is in direct conflict with Blizzard's ideal of keeping their games feeling whole and unified. Players are more disconnected than ever when it comes to managing/recruiting for clans in D3.
2) With the removal of player named games it becomes incredibly important to be able to communicate with others when wanting to run specific areas. If I want to get in a game that will clear the entirety of Act 1, then I need a solid way to find players to do the same. This is because the match making system could group me with players that are also on quests in Act 1 but simply want to rush through it. I'm not going to have any fun if I'm constantly forced to accept boss fight events well before I'm ready(or else miss out on the loot) and they won't be having fun having to wait up for the guy in the back killing every mob he comes across. Basically anyone wanting to do a run that isn't considered to be the current norm in matchmaking is going need a solid way to communicate and group with others, which bring me to my third point.
3) The chat channels themselves are currently designed to be qualitatively inferior than what was included in B.Net 1/WoW Vanilla.
- Spam Filtering: Gone
- Chat Commands: Gone
- Player Made Channels: Gone
- Ignore Feature: Gone
- Chat Gem: Gone
With no spam protection whatsoever, and no way to make your own channels, the channels we do have are most likely going to be overrun with silliness and spam. You know the guys that spam Org/SW for an hour about cheap deals that you report and ignore? Imagine that but now you have no way to shut them up. If it's someone new to the game and they check out the chat channels and all they see is [Don Santos' Famous Hunting Rifle], with no way to stop it, do you think they will come back? The game's community is hurt twice by this. The first is that those wanting to actually use the chat have to put up with it until the annoyance decides to leave, the second is the negative reputation the channels receive. Who is going to use chat channels that become known as the Barrens Chat 2.0?
What did that have to do with point 2, or even point 1 you ask? Well if there's no real sustainable player base that is going to use the channels, then how are players going to form groups to do specific runs? How are clans going to advertise in-game if they aren't seeing much activity on their forum recruiting announcements? How does the long term community of the game survive if it's been segregated to different message boards across the internet?
If this game is going to have a thriving community, that will stick it out through the long haul, it needs the tools to be in game in order to do so. Blizzard at one time understood this and most likely still does in someway, however this knowledge has not been put to use. Hopefully they realize that and begin to fix things sooner rather than later.
3/5/2012 12:33:56 PM
Don't let our chat system stay like this people?Posted in: Diablo III General Discussion
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.