I was wondering what people thought about using a good Maximus http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/maximus with Sweeping Wind runed Fire Storm. That rune increases the radius of Sweeping Wind and changes the damage type to fire. Maximus can add up to 25% to fire damage.
- 12/21/2012 4:19:51 PM Posted in: Monk: The Inner Sanctuary
6/8/2012 10:50:05 PM
A Helm of Command with +life%, Socket, Resist all, and +armor.Posted in: Barbarian: Bastion's Keep
A 1h weapon with perfect damage (Elemental Damage, Attack Speed, +50% damage), Life on Hit, Socket, Str
If this is really a serious thing though, you would want an item that could adapt to your build. If you wanted to someday stray from the sword and board to a big 2h weapon, you may want to shy away from things with block% or a 1h weapon. As of right now though, it seems like this is the strongest barb build so those are the items I would choose from.
6/5/2012 12:01:49 PM
Posted in: Demon Hunter: The Dreadlands
Maybe I am confused, but isn't the primary argument for using 2 1h xbows that you can get crit damage much higher? But in the spreadsheet it seems that you only give the hxbows 20% more crit damage (higher gems). The attack speed from items also confuses me as it doesn't seem to make sense that a bit 2h xbow would fire at the same speed as the hxbows.
5/22/2012 10:11:34 AM
Posted in: Demon Hunter: The DreadlandsQuote from Zinki
Quote from Berserkpk
Yeah i heard already that devouring is the a better choice. But i still like the piercing arrow more :) Gives me the real Amazon Guided Arrow feeling.
Actually, assuming my math is right, Puncturing is better than Devouring. Gonna throw out the math here in case I'm wrong(cause I totally might be).
For the sake of this, gonna use simple numbers. 100 shots fire, 100 damage per shot.
With Puncturing, 50% pierce. So of 100, 50 pierce. Of those 50, 25 pierce. 25 to 12, 12 to 6, 6 to 3, 3 to 1. A total of 197 shots hit. 100 damage per=19,700 damage down with Puncturing.
With Devouring, 70% increased damage on pierce with 30% chance. 100 fired, 30 pierce @ 70% inc damg. 30 to 10@70% inc dmg. 10 to 3@70% inc dmg. 3 to 1@70% inc dmg. So thats 100 shots at 100 damage, 10,000 damage there. 44 total pierce at 170 damage, totaling at 7,310 damage. Grand total of 17,310 damage with Devouring.
Anyway! Loved your videos. THe most impressive for me is Rakanoth as his port can be quite surprising. *cheer*
Does it add the 70% damage only once? Or will multiple pierces make the damage go 70%/140%/210%?
5/13/2012 4:27:48 PM
Not sure if this can work at all and I have some questions on some rune effects as well. Input would be greatly appreciated. I am definitely going to run a monk first but my final build is up in the air.Posted in: Monk: The Inner Sanctuary
Skills and runes;
Fists of Thunder - Bounding Light = I need to gain spirit somewhat quick and the skill says this is the fastest of them. I also dislike knockback and really like the chain lightning adding a bit of AoE damage. Some possible changes could be going Way of the Hundred Fists as a way to keep Sweeping Wind up and at max stacks. Also considered Crippling Wave to be more defensive. As of right now though, FoT seems like the strongest pick.
Tempest Rush - ??? = I chose this as a way to move to the next mobs faster and to do some minor AoE damage at the same time. I really don't know what rune to put in it.
Breath of Heaven - Blazing Wrath = This is one of the choices where I have a question on the rune. The wording says that it increases the damage of my ATTACKS, I will take a different rune if that damage does not add to my aura damage (Sweeping Wind, Mantra of Conviction).
Sweeping Wind - Blade Storm = This is one of the two continuous AoE damage effects (auras) that I run. I chose the rune to make the damage stronger. I would really like to keep this up as long as possible to save on spirit costs but I recognize that that isn't going to always be possible.
Cyclone Strike - ??? = I really like the AoE damage and pulling things closer to get them into my aura damage range. I don't know what to rune it with though. There are several runes that all look good to me.
Mantra of Conviction - Submission = The rune adds another damaging aura effect which is another reason I wanted to try this build. The question is if the damage listed on the rune will be increased by the Mantra of Convictions damage buff.
Chant of Resonance - This is really cool to save on spirit costs and have a passive spirit regen but I still wonder how useful it will be. I wonder how often I will want to use the mantra every few seconds to just get the double bonus.
Seize the Initiative - This just seems like the monks strongest defensive passive. I almost always take this one.
Resolve - This one was questionable. Looking at the rest of the defensive skills I just want the one that will be best. If the aura damage continually triggers this then melee mobs will always be doing the less damage.
A major crux to this build will be how much damage will really be put out. If the damage output is very low from the auras then it may be better to just go a different way. If the damage ends up being strong, it seems like this could be a fast way to farm stuff.
4/24/2012 9:44:19 PM
I am going to assume there will be a great deal of stunlock barbs in pvp. If pvp is your type of thing, I would rather play a character with the highest dodge so that the stun skills are more effectively mitigated. Not to mention the speed of the monk making him great at getting to others.Posted in: Monk: The Inner Sanctuary
I actually think that if itemized correctly, the Monk could have more damage mitigation than the Barb. That combined with his resurrection ability makes him probably one of the best choices for hardcore as well.
As others have said, the monk has a great attack speed. The barb can get there with frenzy, but it stuck on single target with that. The monk has skills that allow him to hit multiples without giving up any attack speed.
Also, with monks most likely being on the low end of the player numbers, there is a higher likelyhood of finding good to great monk gear on the auction house at a cheaper price. Wizard and Barb gear will be through the roof as they are going to be the most played classes.
4/13/2012 1:40:21 AM
If it is true that thorns will damage anything within a melee radius no matter the kind of attack the enemy uses, then skills that pull enemies close would be great. Leap Attack (Call of Arreat) to pull enemies closer. That way you can leap to a caster and pull others close enough for them to take damage.Posted in: Barbarian: Bastion's Keep
I would probably put Provocation on the Revenge to make it proc more. You will need all the life you can get and that will help. Plus it will be more AoE damage.
3/10/2012 3:49:51 PM
If that doesn't answer your question, I don't fully understand what your question is. You do not gain time on WotB for spending fury, only for gaining it.Posted in: Barbarian: Bastion's Keep
3/2/2012 11:54:43 AM
There doesn't seem to be many builds here based on the pvp arena. I think it would be interesting to get some discussion going on what different skills would be used in pvp vs pvm.Posted in: Barbarian: Bastion's Keep
Here is my draft build.
I am focusing on stuns and slows and have a couple skills that pull the enemy in closer. I don't think big aoe attacks are going to be very useful in pvp as most of the time you are just going to have a single target. I don't have much in the way of mobility and that may be a mistake but I feel that the pulling makes up for it when trying to catch enemies. I would hope the barb wouldn't have to run from enemies.
Anyway, critiques and criticisms?
Edit: Changed Seismic Slam into Leap Attack with a stun rune. Thanks Casanova for giving the idea of leaping to a stunned foe.
3/2/2012 11:32:39 AM
I think Frenzy would be best just for the 20% damage boost that Maniac gives. That is 20% more damage on the "bomb" when you decide to do it.Posted in: Barbarian: Bastion's Keep
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.