Tips for any new players.
1. Go into town and find your followers in adventure mode, steal the followers weapon for a small damage upgrade early.
2. If you can farm rifts ( if unlocked) as has a higher legendary drop chance and makes it easier to get those first yellows.
3. at lvl 18-20 start a story mode and progress untill you kill skeleton king for a very good experience helmit with a guarenteed socket.
4. ensure you pick up all deaths breaths and crafting mats as all mats are now lvl 70 mats
5. at any point you feel like it go fetch the new cube from act 3.
6. once lvl 70 find a group and farm bounties for mats ( you might even find a few legendary item along the way)
7. as soon as you feel confortable switch to torment 1 and hunt down those class sets for some fast farm action
8. Save your g rift keys untill you have gear to faceroll the lower tier g rifts ( this way you can grab gems along the way.
9. find a good player of the same class and check their profile you will get some ideas on what gems work best and mabye what items and skills to use for best build options
10. dont overplay, diablo is a great game, but dont burn yourself out seasons can be long, so dont feel just because you saw a paragon lvl 800 monk 4 days in to the season, that you are doing something wrong. Some players use alternative and sometimes naughty methods of lvling or gearing.
11. finally have fun. Find a character and a build that you have fun playing, if you lvl a character you dont enjoy during end game it will ruin your experience after a few weeks, so perhaps lvl a few characters this way you can mix up your experience.
I doubt anybody will gain anything new from this post, But with a new season comes new players.
See you all Friday