Quote from TwippHi
I think that the trading is a big part of Diablo games but the same time I see the problems it brings to the game. Trading should be only possible inside the diablo program and not in internet sites like a d2jsp and such.
If theres no trading at all it creates also some problems. For instance if you dont play all classes and find something you cant use it can be annoying. Also you need to build your character from your drops so you cant try anything special that requires some certain item.. that sucks big time.
Game without anykind trading can also be boring.
Could they make system similar to the AH we had but one that only works for account bound items trade?
When you find a great legendary it would always be binded to your account and you could not give it or trade it in game with others,.BUT you could list it to the external trading house and asks other items from list as a return. You could not trade the item for gold, money or give it for free.
This could us allow to trade items but it would limit the third party sites because the trading would only work in this inside build program.
The reason this doesn't work is high level players will just roll around act 1 in all mf gear(if it exists) getting a million kills a minute and getting several low level legendaries and LLL would become the new currency.
I propose we cap clan rosters at 250 people, allow open trading within clans.
This has some pros and cons to it but the cons are easily manageable
- Decent trading market comes with a decent sized clan, creating an environment that allows for friendly legendary trading and leading to good experiences.
- This will give rise to illustrious elite guilds that people strive to meet the requirements of to get in to access trading with very high end farmers.(also a con but I'll get to that)
- With guild rosters capped at 250. We will still see a somewhat gradual item hike across the board.
- Lone wolfs are put at a disadvantage. I'm ok with this and I'd bet a lot of lone wolves themselves are as well. The only fix I can come up with for this is to have a way to disable clan chat and also hide clan tag, so joining the clan is just an immediately invisible formality.
- Black market guilds that simply invite you to guild to deliver the goods. FIX: Lock new clan members out of trading for 3-7 days(perhaps bypass this if clan invite comes from a RealID friend.
- Elitist guilds making players feel inferior: FIX: disallow item linking in anything but clan chat, allow players who wish to not be pressured by this to easily ignore it. Make a clan recruitment channel for people wishing to get this sort of spam, again avoiding the elitists clans vomiting all over global chat.