Malicious PMs

I'm not worried about that... I saw it and figured I'd let you guys know, and try to stay on top of it. You know, help you guys out a bit =D

-------------------------------------------
    Those who stand for nothing will fall for anything.
    -------------------------------------------
    Quote from "OathofChaos" »
    I'm not worried about that... I saw it and figured I'd let you guys know, and try to stay on top of it. You know, help you guys out a bit =D

No doubt, ;).
    The Chat Gem Lives!
    Diablo III Analyst
    SC2Mapster
    Huzzah!
    I got one before.
    *Feels special*
    meh

how do they even figure out who to pm?

oO
    A hundred thousand worlds, ten hundred thousand wars. There is no respite, there is nowhere to hide. Across the galaxy there is only war.
    They are omnipotent.
    Quote from "zhuge" »
    meh

oO

I hope it's random :o. Else I am scared now...
    Issues with Diablo II? Find solutions to some issues on my Wiki page. If you know about some issues and/or their solutions, please PM me and I will add them to the list.
    You may want to check to see if any Bots or other programs may have access to your database to see who has the email notification enabled.
    its random indeed cause i recall like 90% of the forum users use email notifications.

and even if use that i am sure sixen and folks are smart enough to protect their comps.
    A hundred thousand worlds, ten hundred thousand wars. There is no respite, there is nowhere to hide. Across the galaxy there is only war.
    Quote from "Hans" »
    You may want to check to see if any Bots or other programs may have access to your database to see who has the email notification enabled.

Well I don't let Diablofans notify me by e-mail whenever a PM comes in, but yet I have received one. Maybe the bot scans through the Blogs and picks users from there?

Edit: Oh wait never mind that last part. I see lots of you haven't posted any blog.
    Issues with Diablo II? Find solutions to some issues on my Wiki page. If you know about some issues and/or their solutions, please PM me and I will add them to the list.
    so its linking via blogs eh? wait nvm..
    Quote from "zhuge" »
    meh

oO

How about just going to the member list and picking people are random? Or type http://www.diablofans.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=xxxxx and replace the x'es with a random number?
    DiabloWiki.com - PlugY PlugY for Diablo II allows you to reset skills and stats, transfer items between characters in singleplayer, obtain all ladder runewords and do all Uberquests while offline. It is the only way to do all of the above. Please use it.

Supporting big shoulderpads and flashy armor since 2004.
    yea i thought of that lol.

hmm radical idea

limit pms till after a number of posts?

ie 3
    Could probably backfire, if people get problems with registering, permissions, or need to be contacted by a mod. Not very good if they can't respond.
    DiabloWiki.com - PlugY PlugY for Diablo II allows you to reset skills and stats, transfer items between characters in singleplayer, obtain all ladder runewords and do all Uberquests while offline. It is the only way to do all of the above. Please use it.

how about this

cant pm reg members

only can pm moderators/admins/staff

instead of all out limiting pms
    So you want to give us all the spam? :P

I suppose that could be a solution though.

LOL.

no i dont want to give you all of the *ahem* spam

but then again the malicious pms are a issue big enough to warrant that.

*hmm* we need coffee filters

they work well against *literal spam*
    I do not recall reading what the email notification says since I delete the few I get. Do they have the full message or just a generic response saying somebody sent you a pm and click here to go to the Diablofans site to read the PM.
    Quote from "Hans" »
    I do not recall reading what the email notification says since I delete the few I get. Do they have the full message or just a generic response saying somebody sent you a pm and click here to go to the Diablofans site to read the PM.

Full message, though I don't remember how it handles quotes and images. Obviously the images are not displayed in the mail though.

Maybe just have a generic email notification to be sent that you have a PM.
    No way, I greatly use the fact that PM's do contain the original text. It lets me keep messeges even after I delete them fom dfans. That's one feature I do not want removed.

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes