Malicious PMs

Copy of the email:

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL!

Dear cogaritis,

You have received a new private message at DiabloFans.com from Mstr. Bankol, entitled "Hi I have found you".

To read the original version, respond to, or delete this message, you must log in here:
    (LINK TO DIABLO FANS PMs)

This is the message that was sent:
    I have found you on video (BAD LINK REMOVED) It is real you? )))

Again, please do not reply to this email. You must go to the following page to reply to this private message:
    (LINK TO DIABLO FANS PMs)

All the best,
    DiabloFans.com

Anyway, thought you should know.

D
    His (Bankol) account was banned early this morning.
    Smiling is infectious.
    Image removed due to its file extension: http://www.diablofans.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=114&pictureid=1538

Give, expecting nothing thereof. ------------ BoD - Come have some fun!
    Folks will always come and go, so enjoy them while they're meant to be in your life.

...Bankol? OK, that's creepy, it's the last name of a character in my story. o.O
    There's nothing we can do unless these are reported- we don't have any kind of software that can... Wait, I have an idea.

Edit~

Erm, so thanks for reporting it :thumbsup: Forgot to finish that thought.
    The problem is I can delete the PM's but not the emails that get sent out from receiving a PM.

I deleted the PM's this morning.
    I got a malicious PM yesterday too (well I'm not sure if the link is malicious, but it is a fake PM). The user was forumAdmin and it said I had a virus on my computer and adviced me to click on a link to get virus software.
    Issues with Diablo II? Find solutions to some issues on my Wiki page. If you know about some issues and/or their solutions, please PM me and I will add them to the list.
    lol its not just the pm thats shady its the username which is too :P

none the less our mods have it taken care of :)

*goes back to patrol wiki*
    A hundred thousand worlds, ten hundred thousand wars. There is no respite, there is nowhere to hide. Across the galaxy there is only war.
    Quote from "maximusje" »
    I got a malicious PM yesterday too (well I'm not sure if the link is malicious, but it is a fake PM). The user was forumAdmin and it said I had a virus on my computer and adviced me to click on a link to get virus software.

Please tell me you didn't click, :/. Staff members have colored names, that is just a random spambot.
    The Chat Gem Lives!
    Diablo III Analyst
    SC2Mapster
    Quote from "Sixen" »
    Please tell me you didn't click, :/. Staff members have colored names, that is just a random spambot.

I didn't click, don't worry ;).
    Issues with Diablo II? Find solutions to some issues on my Wiki page. If you know about some issues and/or their solutions, please PM me and I will add them to the list.
    Quote from "maximusje" »
    I didn't click, don't worry ;).

Okay, good. Usually our Mod staff is good at catching them before the user actually see's the PM. However, if you have it set to e-mail you when you receive a PM, you'll see it via your e-mail.
    The Chat Gem Lives!
    Diablo III Analyst
    SC2Mapster
    Quote from "Sixen" »
    Okay, good. Usually our Mod staff is good at catching them before the user actually see's the PM. However, if you have it set to e-mail you when you receive a PM, you'll see it via your e-mail.

Well I saw it via the forum interface and I received it yesterday haha. Wait this is my 666th post!
    Hey, look at that, I got it too.

Thankfully I (and hopefully the rest of you) are smart enough not to fall for such a fail scam.

-------------------------------------------
    Those who stand for nothing will fall for anything.
    Well, I got this just now:

From XandderrMan
    Hello, friend. There are viruses' activities from your computer in last few days. Strongly recommend you to check your computer. You can find a report about your computer's security and solve every problem with it here: <>
    Thank you. Forum member.

Me, winston the 4th, Doppel, and dunno who the other guy is.
    ROFL?
    Hey! That's the one I got....

You know, I got a memo from my work that malicious emails and forum whispers // posts have increased exponentially. Interesting that it happens here, on a video game fan-site.

Took care of it. Look at the user's profile though -- most of the profile fields are filled out, :(.
    The Chat Gem Lives!
    Diablo III Analyst
    SC2Mapster
    Quote from "maximusje" »
    Well I saw it via the forum interface and I received it yesterday haha. Wait this is my 666th post!

Hmmmmmmm lol. I think this: http://www.religionnewsblog.com/11134
    might mess that up a bit.

Anyways... I never get malicious pm's or anything so I'm good.
    "A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote from "Eskanasi" »
    Hmmmmmmm lol. I think this: http://www.religionnewsblog.com/11134
    might mess that up a bit.

Anyways... I never get malicious pm's or anything so I'm good.

Hmm interesting article. I wonder if I can get the Greek text somewhere online...

EDIT: I did find a page with greek manuscripts, but can't find that text there unfortunately :(.

http://www.csntm.org/Manuscript/

Quite an interesting website though. It's amazing to see the actual manuscripts.
    Uh, is this still on topic? I'm kinda confused here :P
    Looks like these guys are relentless, this time from RazzorrMan:

Hello, friend. There are viruses' activities from your computer in last few days. Strongly recommend you to check your computer. You can find a report about your computer's security and solve every problem with it here: antivirus.podzone.net/hitin.php?land=20&affid=41000&detected=flobernoggin;NecroNova;Tyrael's bitch;Welshie;OathofChaosThank you. Forum member.

Razzorrman was caught and eradicated last night.
    Sixen deleted the PMs here on-site, but obviously can do nothing about the email notifications, if you have that option enabled.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes