BlizzCon Recap: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls; RoS Curse Interview; WoW: Warlords of Draenor; Heroes of the Storm; Hearthstone

Quote from maka

Quote from Elendiro

Quote from maka

Quote from Ryude

With soulbound, at least you don't have to worry about d2jsp.

lol "worry"? What about d2jsp "worries" you?

Even though I'm not a competative person and generally keeps to myself by playing hardcore selffound. I can't help but get ticked of by streamers bragging about (third party site bought) gear that he claims is self-found. Even though I don't participate in the run down softcore culture it still affects me. I'd rather see everybody find the best items themselves. That's just how I am and feel about the game.

Those streamers can feast on these two round objects dangling down there.
    In all seriousness, why care about what some no-life loser claims or does not claim?

One could ask why you care what others care about. Just because it's not an issue to you, doesn't mean that it invalidates others concerns.
    Quote from ktulu85

All legendary and set items being soul-bound is a terrible idea. Don't kill trading. Killing the auction house is good, killing the social aspect of trading is bad.

I agree with them, being handed items by your friends is generally not very fun in the long run, and that's the best case scenario of trading IMO. On a fundamental level, as long as trading is possible then the natural loot game is constantly in competition with it. Maybe killing the AH and adding soft measures like Mystic account binding will be enough to minimize the influence of trading, but what if it isn't? It's likely that someone out there will build a third party site that is comparable in functionality to the Auction House - it happened for TF2. I think that trading is a corrupting influence in these games that distracts from what the game is really supposed to be about. If I find that perfect legendary, I want to have fun kicking ass with it without having to feel that nagging temptation knowing I could sell it somewhere for $100.
    While they're at it I sincerely hope they completely kill the ability to trade gold. Stop the bots once and for all, then finally bring back decent rewards from breakables.
    Quote from Ryude

Quote from maka

Quote from Elendiro

Quote from maka

Quote from Ryude

With soulbound, at least you don't have to worry about d2jsp.

lol "worry"? What about d2jsp "worries" you?

Even though I'm not a competative person and generally keeps to myself by playing hardcore selffound. I can't help but get ticked of by streamers bragging about (third party site bought) gear that he claims is self-found. Even though I don't participate in the run down softcore culture it still affects me. I'd rather see everybody find the best items themselves. That's just how I am and feel about the game.

Those streamers can feast on these two round objects dangling down there.
    In all seriousness, why care about what some no-life loser claims or does not claim?

One could ask why you care what others care about. Just because it's not an issue to you, doesn't mean that it invalidates others concerns.

Because you want to prevent me from getting and giving items to my friends (or support the decision of those that do), all because you've watched a guy that plays video games all day every day and are now upset you don't have the same items that he does. Get it?

Quote from Zeyk23

I agree with them, being handed items by your friends is generally not very fun in the long run

Uhm......refuse? I know I have.
    Quote from maka

So, to you, trade is "sitting around in lobbies yelling "10 SOJs for Tal's Helm" for hours"? Interesting. Because, you know, to me trading is giving my mate this awesome barb item I found while playing a wiz, or trading weapons with my mate because I have a slow weapon and want a fast one, and he has a fast one and wants a slow one.

They addressed this in two ways (that they have mentioned so far):

-- If you are in the same game when something drops, you can trade a legendary between each other. So if you want to trade, play together. Somewhat heavy handed, but it does encourage grouping.

-- They didn't like the idea of just getting handed a bunch of stuff by a friend who plays more than you. Clearly you disagree with this, but I actually support it. It certainly feels cool to be handed a bunch of things but in the end it just means you don't need / want to farm, aka play the game.

What's also interesting is that you didn't like your option yet you did it, and I love my option yet I won't be able to do it.

The problem is that if the AH / trading exists then drop rates are low so you need to trade. Which means it doesn't matter if I like it or don't like it--I have to do it. I didn't like the AH but I used the hell of out if (as well as d2jsp). Why? It was the only way to get the end game items I needed.

You say you would just use trading to trade between your friends. But the spamming of chat channels would happen if the best items could be traded. That problem had to be addressed and the devs made their choice. Counter proposals are fine but "just allow trading" isn't viable because it doesn't solve that problem.
    Quote from ktulu85

All legendary and set items being soul-bound is a terrible idea. Don't kill trading. Killing the auction house is good, killing the social aspect of trading is bad.

My idea is:
    Only trade with players who you have been friends with for one month or longer.
    So If you are friends with someone for more than one month you can trade with each other, items dont have to be bound to a specific account, just give it to your friends, and make it so items can't be thrown onto the ground.(or make it so you actually can throw it onto the ground, but anyone you are not friends with cannot see it on the ground, unlike with loot.

This will make a huge, great community. Should kill all bots and make them obsolete.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10014081321
    I just don't understand when people decided that trading was such a fundamental component of Diablo. Trading in Diablo 2 was absolutely awful. And it certainly wasn't any good in Diablo 1, i.e. "I'll drop my hacked sword over here, you drop your duped gold over there".

D3's auction house was clearly inspired by WoW's auction house, but they left out an incredibly critical detail: everything in WoW is Bind on Equip, and the really good stuff is Bind on Pickup. Turns out, that has always worked just fine for WoW, which is a loot game at its core not so different from Diablo. I don't know where the pushback is coming from. Unrestricted trading in Diablo has always been bad from the very start - why defend it?
    With all this soulbound madness...I just wish the stash was bigger. like, a lot bigger.
    Quote from theecheshirekat

With all this soulbound madness...I just wish the stash was bigger. like, a lot bigger.

If they stick to the BoA idea and keep drop rates as high as they say, there is no way they can keep the stash that small. I'd buy a second copy of D3 just for additional stash in that case. Hate to throw things away.
    Quote from Bagstone

If they stick to the BoA idea and keep drop rates as high as they say, there is no way they can keep the stash that small. I'd buy a second copy of D3 just for additional stash in that case. Hate to throw things away.

They said they have no plans to increase stash space. I spoke against it and someone called me a hoarder.
    Quote from maka

Quote from Bagstone

They said they have no plans to increase stash space. I spoke against it and someone called me a hoarder.

HOARDER!

But honestly I'd love at least the two additional spaces that just sit empty right now.
    Quote from overneathe

Quote from maka

Quote from Bagstone

HOARDER!

But honestly I'd love at least the two additional spaces that just sit empty right now.

This ^

Makes no sense to not use that..
    Quote from Zero(pS)

Quote from overneathe

Quote from maka

Quote from Bagstone

HOARDER!

This ^

Makes no sense to not use that..

What do you mean, "sit empty"?
    @Maka (how it could be)

There is space for 5 tabs, yet they only use 3 ;)
    With the new philosophy, we could really use those extra 2 tabs (on the bottom).
    Quote from maka

What do you mean, "sit empty"?

There's currently space for 2, maybe 3 more stash tabs in the interface. Maybe that's what he means?

EDIT: Too slow.
    Quote from Zero(pS)

@Maka (how it could be)

There is space for 5 tabs, yet they only use 3 ;)
    With the new philosophy, we could really use those extra 2 tabs (on the bottom).

So this is what an empty stash looks like. Haven't seen that in ages!
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes