New Datamined Patch - Class Changes, Passive Effects, Item Graphics and MUCH more

I wonder if the game will compensate for the loss of LS.
    My low-health, low-res wizard can't do shit without it.
    Quote from miles_dryden

HeroDetails.txt
    • *Life Steal is less effective when you are higher level.
    • *At level 60, Life Steal gains a 0.10x multiplier.
    • *At level 70, Life Steal no longer functions.

This is perfect.

Quote from Flexy

This is one of the reasons why they're removing LS - people with low health and low res roflstomping through content because one single stat (LS) made all survivability stats and strategies obsolete.

So yeah, the game will no compensate, the game already has compensated for it - by many other life recovery options. A year ago, we actually had a choice. But with everyone running around in 200k DPS gear, 3% of life steal are enough to make you invincible and all other options useless.
    Quote from Flexy

On lvl 70-th you are gonna change your items anyway. And on the 60th level you still do shit with your items.
    Quote from Buu

It's just me or someone else feel the need to laugh when they ready something like this?

Numbing Traps Enemies you Slow or hit with Fan of Knives, Spike Trap, Caltrops, Grenades, and Sentry fire have their damage reduced by 20% for 3 seconds.

So, an enemy under the effect of a skill made for then to stay away and not hitting the player make their damage lower by the duration they are being kept away? Diablo 3 logic never cease to amaze me.
    So when an elite pack is slowed down with that skill and they are dropping fire bombs on your head, guess what? The damage from said fire bombs is reduced by 20% for three seconds. Cool!

Its about slowing monsters down. Monsters do have ranged attacks in case you forgot. ;)
    Interesting stuff. Nice to see Thunderfury there...brings back good memories of helping out one of my old, old, old guild MT back in Classic WoW get his Thunderfury. Definitely nice to see that and nice to see some of the changes...definitely saw the Life Steal nerf coming from a mile away but at least you can use it up until 70 so you get some use out of it before transitioning over to something else.

And like others have mentioned...a potential 4th passive slot? Sounds good to me...still probably won't get the expansion but at least Blizzard is taking steps to improve the game. :)
    I don't like to plan ahead too much as far as builds and stuff go until patch notes are final, but the new passive for WD pets got me agonizing over how to work that into my current build. 4 slots makes me very happy!
    Also the Thunderfury name could just be a placeholder...so let's not got too worked up over it just yet (not that anyone really is, just saying it could very well be a placeholder).

Also in terms of life steal becoming obsolete, maybe their philosophy on survival is changing. Now pretty much you gear up on lifesteal/loh depending on build on you just settle with that. Do people really "try" to pick up health globes at lvl 60?

It's possible with the changes lifesteal/loh are something you look for on low level gear and health globes may play a major role at the new cap. Just something to think about, not really try to strongly make a case for this, just throwing it out there.
    Quote from Bagstone

This is one of the reasons why they're removing LS - people with low health and low res roflstomping through content because one single stat (LS) made all survivability stats and strategies obsolete.

So yeah, the game will no compensate, the game already has compensated for it - by many other life recovery options. A year ago, we actually had a choice. But with everyone running around in 200k DPS gear, 3% of life steal are enough to make you invincible and all other options useless.

I agree. Gameplay now is all about how many monsters you can gather around you and aoe them down while your Life Steal does all the work for you to stay alive. Of course this is a consequence of easily accessible high end gear (hi AH) and the MP levels, which are a fix for the insanly fast gearing process. I'm not ripping my hair off about this Life Steal nerf, it's good and should promote more thoughtful play.
    Lastly, i don't think the current MP curve difficulty will stay in RoS after gameplay changes, i suspect some tweaks for it.
    Quote from Seifa

Lastly, i don't think the current MP curve difficulty will stay in RoS after gameplay changes, i suspect some tweaks for it.

Absolutely. Vanilla Inferno was bad enough, can you imagine trying MP10 without the AH? I mean, I'm all for having longterm goals, but that would be insane.
    Quote from Serpenth

Also the Thunderfury name could just be a placeholder...so let's not got too worked up over it just yet (not that anyone really is, just saying it could very well be a placeholder).

Also in terms of life steal becoming obsolete, maybe their philosophy on survival is changing. Now pretty much you gear up on lifesteal/loh depending on build on you just settle with that. Do people really "try" to pick up health globes at lvl 60?

It's possible with the changes lifesteal/loh are something you look for on low level gear and health globes may play a major role at the new cap. Just something to think about, not really try to strongly make a case for this, just throwing it out there.

I'm not big on World of Warcraft, but I absolutely encourage "homage" items, and items that reference other games, not just in the Blizzard universe, but things in pop culture as well. Like the Beckon Sail DH Cloak, the Tasker & Theo Gloves. Big fan of that! It's clever to reference those things in the right ways.

In regard to health globes, Serpenth, obviously there are some rare builds that use health globes specifically, like DHs that use Vengeance, WDs that use Grusome Feast, Wizards that use Power Hungry. My Monk has ZERO Life Steal, Zero Life on Hit, and health globes aren't necessarily a crucial part of his survivability model, but when I see them drop, I absolutely make it a point to pick them up when health is around halfway-ish.

But yeah, allowing Life Steal% to be more of a low level thing, and Life on Hit to be a high level thing, dare I say, actually is pretty genius. For one thing, it means an affix doesn't have to be removed entirely from the game. But with level 60 items already being potent, and level 70 items projected to be even more potent, leaving Life Steal% as it is will mean it will be an even more OP and game-breaking mechanic. Granted, Life on Hit may not be too effective for characters with 70k+ Life (my Monk has 62k), if you want a lot of it, it's not impossible to get...but you have to work at getting a lot of it, and even when you have a lot of it, it still won't guarantee you invincibility...and since Life on Hit doesn't scale with damage, it won't be easy to abuse, and have to be tag-teamed with Life Regen, health globes, and other forms of restoration.

As a side note...I remember friends giving me tips on end-game in D2, and the first thing they always said, was Life Leech and Mana Leech. Sucks that it repeated in D3, but really happy the devs are taking that on directly and changing and evolving it going forward.
    Pre AH-shutdown Transcendence/Spirit (Re)gen build, uses only found and crafted gear and gems, can handle MP7.
    *At level 70, Life Steal no longer functions.

FML sideways...
    Quote from CardinalMDM

But yeah, allowing Life Steal% to be more of a low level thing, and Life on Hit to be a high level thing, dare I say, actually is pretty genius. For one thing, it means an affix doesn't have to be removed entirely from the game. But with level 60 items already being potent, and level 70 items projected to be even more potent, leaving Life Steal% as it is will mean it will be an even more OP and game-breaking mechanic. Granted, Life on Hit may not be too effective for characters with 70k+ Life (my Monk has 62k), if you want a lot of it, it's not impossible to get...but you have to work at getting a lot of it, and even when you have a lot of it, it still won't guarantee you invincibility...and since Life on Hit doesn't scale with damage, it won't be easy to abuse, and have to be tag-teamed with Life Regen, health globes, and other forms of restoration.

As a side note...I remember friends giving me tips on end-game in D2, and the first thing they always said, was Life Leech and Mana Leech. Sucks that it repeated in D3, but really happy the devs are taking that on directly and changing and evolving it going forward.

It seems to me that LoH is much more useful than LS at low levels simply because of the way those 2 affixes scale. My suspicion is that after 2.0, LS simply will not roll on items at all anymore, nor be available for enchanting. This new mechanic is simply to make current items with LS fade out, without being completely useless on patch-day.
    "This polearm was crafted by the finest ungulate smiths — its blade fired in the Hellforge, quenched in the rancid milk of the Cow King, and enchanted by that selfsame monarch. In addition to its significant martial benefits, the Bovine Bardiche may also summon forth a veritable army of cows to fight on its wielder’s behalf."

The Cow King has milk? From where??
    Pietrak#2537 - changed my battle.tag just for you ;P
    Quote from Pietrak

"This polearm was crafted by the finest ungulate smiths — its blade fired in the Hellforge, quenched in the rancid milk of the Cow King, and enchanted by that selfsame monarch. In addition to its significant martial benefits, the Bovine Bardiche may also summon forth a veritable army of cows to fight on its wielder’s behalf."

The Cow King has milk? From where??

It's not really milk.
    As expected ... no trading replacement.

Everything will succeed or fail with this.

Quote from miles_dryden

Absolutely. Vanilla Inferno was bad enough, can you imagine trying MP10 without the AH? I mean, I'm all for having longterm goals, but that would be insane.

Nah, not insane. Under the current ruleset I'd guess it'd only take you about a 12-14 months or 1,000 hours of gametime to clear all of the content, Ubers included.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10160426445#18
    Quote from BenBos

increased drop rates, problem solved.
    Playing Diablo since 97. I know nothing and having nothing good to say, I be a troll.
    Quote from Slayerviper

Quote from BenBos

This guy gets it.
    Quote from miles_dryden

Quote from CardinalMDM

It seems to me that LoH is much more useful than LS at low levels simply because of the way those 2 affixes scale. My suspicion is that after 2.0, LS simply will not roll on items at all anymore, nor be available for enchanting. This new mechanic is simply to make current items with LS fade out, without being completely useless on patch-day.

Pretty much this. Think of it as a "legacy" affix
    Quote from maka

Quote from Slayerviper

Quote from BenBos

This guy gets it.

On the contrary. No structured in game trading = dead in 2 weeks like console play.

This is soon 2014, not 1997 ...
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes