New Datamined Patch - Class Changes, Passive Effects, Character slots, Stat caps, Quests, and MUCH more

Oh my God take all of my money!

I AIN'T HAD NO SHOES OR NOTHIN' JESUS.

Quote from itirnitii

Quote from Enty
    • X1_MastaBlasta_Rider_Boss_Event_ChronoTrigger - Siege Runekeeper
    • X1_MastaBlasta_Rider_Boss_Event_ChronoTrigger - Rekkar
    • X1_MooMooHalls - Slaughterhaus
    LOL just to point out a few of the intriguing lines

I'm not a fan of Chrono Trigger, nor have I ever played it but I have heard about it. Anyone care to explain these two lines? Do they mean something.

I am a huge chrono trigger fan, none of those make any sense to me.

Lol, same here. Huge Chrono Trigger fan but these lines dont relate to that game at all.

I like the CC and CD caps but I'm not sure about attack speed. I like fast attacking skills and gearing for that, dont want to limit attack speed bonus to 40% which isnt' much.

I also noticed that all characters besides the WD has a super power mode with long cool down now.

Barb: Wrath
    Wiz: Archon
    Monk: Epiphany
    DH: Vengeance is Mine
    Crusader: Akarat's Champion.
    Crit chance cap on items will dampen my Dodge Monk with 6th Sense build. :(

Oh well, now I know where I'll spend my paragon points on. :)

I wonder if that item that gives 100% crit when at 30% max life will help 6th sense.
    sto lavorando
    Stat caps, needed to make any game stop the power creep and allow for proper itemization, now to see random properties go the way of the dinosaur on legendary items to truly make them unique and great.

Also lower the power of legendary items to about 85% of the best rolled rare, but keep the affixes as being unique and only allow primary stat/class specific stats to change (if can be used by multiple classes). That way rares still are sought after.

There, I just fixed itemization.
    I'm glad to see some caps on the trifecta stats.

I still have a problem with movement speed, movement speed has always had a 25% cap from items and IMO this needs to be increased by a bit (perhaps to 36%? or increased the overall speed by 25% but leave the current cap?)

It also has always been weird to have a 25% cap when 2 items at max movement speed only give 12% each. (24 or some divisor of 12 makes more sense)

Also if they end up keeping this weird cap, Blizzard should just make ilvl70 (or whatever the end game ilvl is for ROS) to be able to give 25% MS bonus on boots or another single item, so there will be less dependency on making sure your char has 2x items with MS at 12% each.

For Ex.
    -1x End game boot with 25% MS bonus or Lacunis, or Innas or whatever. Rather then 2 pieces.
    Kulle Aid... They did it :o
    I like almost all the changes (that 'go immune when you cast town portal' thing I do not like at all, the whole reason we had to cast portal was so we used it to go back to town easily, not to avoid danger like in d2). Hopefully the caps on crit and so on mean that we will avoid the WoW ratings on gear and stick to straight %s instead.

I hope they adjust the rolls on the ilvl70 stuff so that you can't just cap out on everything with a few items (40% ias might be a bit hard but 250% critdmg is easy as pie currently).
    Quote from Bagstone

Happy to see crit hit chance cap lowered to 40%. Also 250% crit hit damage cap is also good. This will make gearing more interesting as it's not just "trifecta all the way".

A bit disappointed to still see the MF cap at 300% :(

Remember, all those caps are "from items". PLvl, MP, skills, passives....all those can go over the cap (I'm assuming, because it specifically says "from items").
    So so happy to see stat caps. Game just changed completely. Day one purchase for sure.
    Quote from Highborne_D2

Stat caps, needed to make any game stop the power creep and allow for proper itemization, now to see random properties go the way of the dinosaur on legendary items to truly make them unique and great.

Also lower the power of legendary items to about 85% of the best rolled rare, but keep the affixes as being unique and only allow primary stat/class specific stats to change (if can be used by multiple classes). That way rares still are sought after.

There, I just fixed itemization.

I have to completely disagree on the legendary part. They tried making rares have a chance at being the best items, because on paper it sounded awesome to always be searching for an upgrade, even after you found your legendary.

In practice, the overwhelming majority hated it. Thus, patch 1.04 (which only kind of sort of not really helped, but kind of).

Legendaries are just that, LEGENDARY, they need to be able to compete with the best, or it just feels lame.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!
    • Unique_Amulet_108_x1 - Ira's Glass of Life

This American Life :D
    Ok , death aura + heal on block is gonna awsome ! :P
    Thanks for datamining and sharing! :)
    Gonna read it over the weekend.
    Quote from Catalept

Quote from Bagstone

I assume/hope that's 'base MF', i.e. paragon-points MF + gear MF.

Quote from maka

Quote from Bagstone

Happy to see crit hit chance cap lowered to 40%. Also 250% crit hit damage cap is also good. This will make gearing more interesting as it's not just "trifecta all the way".

Remember, all those caps are "from items". PLvl, MP, skills, passives....all those can go over the cap (I'm assuming, because it specifically says "from items").

Sorry, I was being unclear:

I think 300% MF is too much. I'd rather see a cap at 100% or MF gone completely. 300 MF from items plus all the other MF from paragon/NV5 creates too much of a gap and makes MF mandatory for success (i.e., finding good loot).
    • ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_595_x1 - Your Mirror Images have a chance to multiply when killed by enemies.
    <3
    Pietrak#2537 - changed my battle.tag just for you ;P
    Quote from Bagstone

Sorry, I was being unclear:

I think 300% MF is too much. I'd rather see a cap at 100% or MF gone completely. 300 MF from items plus all the other MF from paragon/NV5 creates too much of a gap and makes MF mandatory for success (i.e., finding good loot).

I completely agree, although I don't mind NV, I think it's still a good idea, and MF can still increase with extra players and MP. On items though, I feel it should be removed, and the same goes for spending paragon points.
    Cap can work but I feel they are set to low already from this thread many builds will not work with the changes h0w does that help build diverstity by removing build options? My main wizz has arround 88 ias from items its going to be like going back to normal with no gear as far as play speed/style goes. I was mad last time they cut ias but nt again..... Another example is barb with frenzy even now it is not fast enough a monser running away still can't be hit even with 5 stacks and it's sposed to be super fast.

For some who do make death blossom work right now it's only because of the ias and increased animation speed that will allow it to be effective this change just makes it compleatly useless other than nearly useless.

I know other things affect the stats but for a wizz as an example only slowtime affects ias. Capping crit dammage yes, crit chance (tho it's to low) also mf is not a big deal, but why ias if some one wants lots they have to sacrifice to get it already. The wizz WAS looking so promising..

My point is making ias builds/ fast run builds etc is what the game is about yes the new items change the game but why the hell add somthing that does and remove others. As with the "you can allocate your own stats" "but only in the order we say you can" it's to limiting it should be my/our choice.

I do really like the other changes but this has got me bugged.
    Quote from Game Over

Cap can work but I feel they are set to low already from this thread many builds will not work with the changes h0w does that help build diverstity by removing build options? My main wizz has arround 88 ias from items [...]

Right now, Chantodo's is a required set for CMWW wiz. Tal's chest is also a must-have. On these 3 slots there is no choice simply because IAS has no cap (but very high break points you need to hit). Add the fact that you need IAS on all three pieces of jewelry and gloves, and for higher budget it's also CC Mempo, Lacuni's, and Inna's (of course which makes at some point at least the Chantodo's weapon obsolete, but the rest remains fixed).

No cap on IAS made wiz gearing (CMWW spec) a one-way street. Oh and did I mention that CC is mandatory on all these items as well, again, because there's no cap either?

Caps help to make gearing more interesting and establish "choice", just look at movement speed. I have yet to see a reasonable argument as to why there should be no caps. We can discuss what the cap should be (some say the MS cap should be 36%, which I disagree, every class has some skill to speed things up, and TR monk/WW barb/Vault DH would be fast as lightning with an even higher cap).
    Quote from Bagstone

Quote from Game Over

Cap can work but I feel they are set to low already from this thread many builds will not work with the changes h0w does that help build diverstity by removing build options? My main wizz has arround 88 ias from items [...]

Right now, Chantodo's is a required set for CMWW wiz. Tal's chest is also a must-have. On these 3 slots there is no choice simply because IAS has no cap (but very high break points you need to hit). Add the fact that you need IAS on all three pieces of jewelry and gloves, and for higher budget it's also CC Mempo, Lacuni's, and Inna's (of course which makes at some point at least the Chantodo's weapon obsolete, but the rest remains fixed).

No cap on IAS made wiz gearing (CMWW spec) a one-way street. Oh and did I mention that CC is mandatory on all these items as well, again, because there's no cap either?

Caps help to make gearing more interesting and establish "choice", just look at movement speed. I have yet to see a reasonable argument as to why there should be no caps. We can discuss what the cap should be (some say the MS cap should be 36%, which I disagree, every class has some skill to speed things up, and TR monk/WW barb/Vault DH would be fast as lightning with an even higher cap).

My thinking is that you add more (yes more) options that compeate with cc ias cd another 3 viable options crushing blow, etc ect. This way there is choice and variation to use and open up new builds. Just capping the existing 3 so wwcm wont work just limits options.

You should be deciding how much of each you want or have the option to go all out on one or take all six or just focus on two. This creates options and choice. Or you keep the 3 main ones we have now cap them so you can't have any of those options kill 90% of current builds.

Having a cap is not the problem broken skils and not enough options are.
    "ItemCannotBeEnchantedSocketable - The mystic cannot enchant socketable items."
    What exactly is that about? -_-
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes