Diablo III Auction House is Shutting Down on March 18, 2014

Quote from Grafikm_fr

Quote from Sylak

Oh yeah?
    http://diablo3.judge...nference/28.jpg
    Its hard to trade and or sell awesome items when they are BoA. ;)

They're BOA once they're changed by the mystic (at least that's the current plan).

You are correct! And once the Mystic makes them BoA............Yep ;)
    Quote from Johnnyxp64

guys lets be also realistic here

Blizzard didn't just announce that because after 1,5 years they remembered the fans and they loved us.
    no. there is always numbers and statistics behind this decision!

here are the true reasons why Blizzard decided to shut down the AH.
    after 1,5 years well actually its 2 years when the AH will be closed, Blizzard had made a HUGE amount of cash! BUT not lately! you see the past few months, i see in the AH that people if they are going to spend Real Money they will do it just to buy ingame GOLD. Not items. with this Gold, then they are buying items from the Gold AH. So Blizzard loses a lot of the commissions since not many Real Money transactions are taking place anymore! So is costing more to them now to have it.

Source?®
    You have no idea what the 15% is used for. You have no idea what is a HUGE profit because you are not an accountant for Blzzard.
    Nice guess nonetheless. :Thumbs Up:

Cheers!
    Quote from Sylak

Quote from Johnnyxp64

guys lets be also realistic here

Blizzard didn't just announce that because after 1,5 years they remembered the fans and they loved us.
    no. there is always numbers and statistics behind this decision!

here are the true reasons why Blizzard decided to shut down the AH.
    after 1,5 years well actually its 2 years when the AH will be closed, Blizzard had made a HUGE amount of cash! BUT not lately! you see the past few months, i see in the AH that people if they are going to spend Real Money they will do it just to buy ingame GOLD. Not items. with this Gold, then they are buying items from the Gold AH. So Blizzard loses a lot of the commissions since not many Real Money transactions are taking place anymore! So is costing more to them now to have it.

Source?®
    You have no idea what the 15% is used for. You have no idea what is a HUGE profit because you are not an accountant for Blzzard.
    Nice guess nonetheless. :Thumbs Up:

Cheers!

you want source? wait on the 18-03-2014
    you may realise it later also tha is not pure guessing.

and with a simple logistics you could end with the same results your self.

p.s you dont know if or not i am the account or if or not i know someone from Blizzard..... :pirate:
    No More Auction House!
    My faith is restored to them :Thumbs Up:
    Now just give us and a offline mode like sc2 B)
    Quote from ias13

Lets agree the problem is the loot, AH could coexist with good loot and trade would be easy, unless i've missed the post on how u'll trade items?

They already explained the fact that the AH cannot co-excist with "good drop rates". The reason is extremely simple.

Without something taking the money out of the system, or whatever has current "value" - the price becomes inflated. D3 not having this proper - and even not getting this proper (albeit Ladder), will simply lead to AH not being able to excist.

The very thing that stops AH from being useable is still laziness in the player tho. Let me see, guaranteed upgrade for decent grind couple of hours, or non guarnateed upgrade with uncertain amounts of times/efforts invested? Rational/Emotional input - Not worth it.

So either you have your cake, or you eat it. You don't do both. You NEVER do both. You try to convince your self you can do both. You try to MAKE IT SEEM like you can do both. YOU NEVER, DO BOTH.

Self-found or the extreme convinience of AH - Economy balancing had nothing to do with it, as even if they DID step in to manipulate it into the VERY CORE ESSENCE... It would undermine killing. Remember what i said, Either you have the cake - or you eat it. Not both. Ah mongeling + Manipulation OR Just finding items/killing.

You wanna trade, you trade - but it's TOO CONVINIENT to have an AH. Sure you could put up channels and lobby games called Trade games, or even develop seperate systems - As in trading item for items instead of Gold. Or make them account bound once traded.

Either way, you don't have your convinient Trade AND use it.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/CrazyPoochification - Let's Play of Eastern Sun/Other stuff
    Quote from Johnnyxp64

you want source? wait on the 18-03-2014
    you may realise it later also tha is not pure guessing.

and with a simple logistics you could end with the same results your self.

It's a very common phenomenon of Tin foil hat conspiracy.

Because the reason they are shutting down the AH could just be that BiS items are being hunted on it, that we spent so much time in Main Menu seeking AH, going to AH when we got cash - or just that tons of items are like BILLIONS of gold now.

You'd have to see what you WANT to see, if you don't see that AH is jacked up currently. SEVERELY.

It's funny thought, ever since RMAH showed it's face - everyone had to come up with a reasoning for why it is crooked, evil and wrong. "THEY WANT TO MAKE MONEY!" "THEY ARE NOT MAKING MONEY, REMOVE IT".. Yes, remove a RMAH source for an upcoming expansion with tons of players coming back... sounds... like going profi- OH WAIT.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/CrazyPoochification - Let's Play of Eastern Sun/Other stuff
    Quote from Grafikm_fr

Quote from nadenitza

I don't follow the news and dunno if they have a different method to facilitate trading, if you take a decision of such magnitude you have a back up plan. Maybe they have something planned?

In this case, their communication was handled extremely poorly and someone should be hanged for that to make an example. :(

They said they were going to bring out more information regarding this entire thing @Blizzcon. If you actually watched the interview with them reasoning about the change.

So, about that "Extremely poor Communication skills"....
    Quote from PunkZoli

How to kill bots and 3rd party ah sites

After shutting down AH and starting loot2, bots and 3rd party sites will rise in popularity again.

My idea is:
    Only trade with players who you have been friends with for one month or longer.
    So If you are friends with someone for more than one month you can trade with each other, items dont have to be bound to a specific account, just give it to your friends, and make it so items can't be thrown onto the ground.(or make it so you actually can throw it onto the ground, but anyone you are not friends with cannot see it on the ground, unlike with loot.

This will make a huge, great community. Should kill all bots and make them obsolete.

As would everyone playing self found with the AH.

Face it, as long as there is a need/wanting for a product/service - it will be sold. To complain about it excisting/saying it's a problem is saying "They should stop selling Ice Cream! Because it's bad for us". Yet you need only convince EVERYONE to stop eating ice cream.

Won't happen.
    Quote from Doorsfan

They said they were going to bring out more information regarding this entire thing @Blizzcon. If you actually watched the interview with them reasoning about the change.

I watched the interview, and this does not change the fact that they just released a nuclear bomb without building shelters first.
    Not only the idea itself is stupid, but it was not timed well in addition to that :(
    Good news, but I`m holding my breath untill I see the 2.0 loot and ladder reset system.
    Seems that Josh&team managed to put the game somehow on a promissing track. Fingers crossed.
    Holly Shit. I never thought I would see this being removed from the game. I am tempted to start playing the game once the AH is removed.

Only thing holding me back is the Offline Mode or if by some miracle they fix the rubber banding/lag issues that are plagued with this disaster of a game.
    Wow, I can't believe it...

I'm literally stunned...

In all honesty I never ever thought they would do something like that. I think its about damn time!
    Great news. Il be coming back to Diablo now, and on pc not console ( where save files will be exploited like hell). If anyone played D2 you know window trading is fine. You only trade best items, and window is sufficent. I barely traded 20 items a week in d2. Its all about actually playing, trade was small part of D2. With removal of AH people will stop spending half their playtime looking at auctions
    Quote from Doorsfan

Quote from Grafikm_fr

Quote from nadenitza

I don't follow the news and dunno if they have a different method to facilitate trading, if you take a decision of such magnitude you have a back up plan. Maybe they have something planned?

In this case, their communication was handled extremely poorly and someone should be hanged for that to make an example. :(

So, about that "Extremely poor Communication skills"....

dear Sexton

allow this "blue" recent comment to help you and other realise its not about "conspiracy theories" but finance and logistics. ;-)

I believe Josh noted this in the video, but making the call to remove the gold and real-money auction house wasn't easy--and it certainly wasn't done in a vacuum. On the one hand, we invested a lot of time and resources into the development of the auction house system, and (for all intents and purposes) the auction houses achieved the goals we originally set for them when they were implemented.
    No More Auction House!
    Quote from Johnnyxp64

dear Sexton

Dear Diablo Fan... err, Johnnyxp64,

Sexton is a rank, not a user name. I got confused with it in the beginning, too ;-)
    Quote from Bagstone

Quote from Johnnyxp64

dear Sexton

Dear Diablo Fan... err, Johnnyxp64,

Sexton is a rank, not a user name. I got confused with it in the beginning, too ;-)

damn it yeah, it also remind me a friend's nick name Sixen :P

:facepalmsmile:
    No More Auction House!
    It's well over a year too late.

They probably saw the success and good press over the console releases and realized how much better the game was on consoles with the year of needed polish, minus the AH. Whoops!

If Jay Wilson was less of a yes man and less of an inferior designer then maybe this nonsense would have never happened. Forget the whole not having a proper beta test. Just the whole fact that they thought they could have an AH system WITHOUT bind on equip items just blows my mind. It was a major failure on several fronts. Unfortunately, it was obviously going to be such a massive failure and yet Blizzard still went forward with it.

Now you are going to have the gold AH get taken down with a completely dumbed down version battle.net supporting the trade community. Trading might become even worse than it was in D2. Trading in D2 was perfectly fine, but your comparing a system created in 2012 thats inferior to one thats older by over a decade.

It's hard to believe that some of you thought trading in D2 was bad. It wasn't. Hell, even if you wanted to buy an item from a 3rd party site it was quick, easy and secure. Plus trading with other players or banks was a fun and interesting experience. If you couldn't find what you needed after hours of looking, you were either completely incompetant or there just wasnt any stock availible.

An entire player driven economy was created on its own with D2 and the game lasted for a decade, and here some of you are upset that they aborted this disaster they call an AH. Some of you are not true Diablo fans. For shame.

Some people tell me I'm going to hell. I just let them know that I've already packed my bags!
    Quote from asfastasican

If Jay Wilson was less of a yes man and less of an inferior designer then maybe this nonsense would have never happened. Forget the whole not having a proper beta test.

Because if there was a full beta test, everyone would QQ about the whole game being spoiled before release.
    It was a very tough choice, but frankly, totally understandable. What they messed up is rebalancing inferno on a much shorter notice.

Quote from asfastasican

Just the whole fact that they thought they could have an AH system WITHOUT bind on equip items just blows my mind.

What blows my mind is how those two parts of the sentence have absolutely no relationship with each other.
    Having an AH is fine, as long as there is a way to take items out of the economy, which can be accomplished by many other way (and yes, BoE is one of them, but only one).

Quote from asfastasican

It's hard to believe that some of you thought trading in D2 was bad. It wasn't. Hell, even if you wanted to buy an item from a 3rd party site it was quick, easy and secure.

And completely illegal, unlike D3. And no, it wasn't secure, there were scams all over the place, with or without third party sites. AH is miles better in comparison, since it is a double-blind system.

Quote from asfastasican

Plus trading with other players or banks was a fun and interesting experience.

Yes, but it took time during which you actually didn't play the game. AH is more straightforward, unless you play the AH just to play AH, which is another question entirely.

Quote from asfastasican

An entire player driven economy was created on its own with D2 and the game lasted for a decade, and here some of you are upset that they aborted this disaster they call an AH. Some of you are not true Diablo fans. For shame.

Aaannd here comes the true Scotsman fallacy. Congratulations.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes