Diablo III Auction House is Shutting Down on March 18, 2014

Quote from Bagstone

Quote from Grafikm_fr

*writes a bunch of [censored] stuff, deletes*
    Josh Mosquera has just lost 95 points on my respect scale. Pity, he was looking much more promising than Jay Wilson.

No worries, he earned over 9000 points on my respect scale.

Well said :)
    Quote from Bagstone

No worries, he earned over 9000 points on my respect scale.

Yes, people bartering with gems and buying their stuff on Chinese third party sites will be soooooo much fun. /sarcasm
    Bottom line was - the AH fucked up itemization and loot hunt. It was convenient, sure. But that convenience made the game not a rpg but an AH simulator. With the removal of it many core changes should arise witch in turn is what might fix the game entirely. I still can't believe it happening, woah...
    Quote from nadenitza

Bottom line was - the AH fucked up itemization and loot hunt. It was convenient, sure. But that convenience made the game not a rpg but an AH simulator. With the removal of it many core changes should arise witch in turn is what might fix the game entirely. I still can't believe it happening, woah...

And making more stuff (e.g. legendaries) BoA wouldn't be enough? Doubt it, frankly.
    Quote from Grafikm_fr

Quote from nadenitza

And making more stuff (e.g. legendaries) BoA wouldn't be enough? Doubt it, frankly.

BoA has no place in a diablo game. It simply destroys any form of trading. It's a lazy solution for a game like wow where your loot is handled in a plate.
    Quote from nadenitza

BoA has no place in a diablo game. It simply destroys any form of trading. It's a lazy solution for a game like wow where your loot is handled in a plate.

So, BOA destroys trading but bartering and 3rd party sites don't? I don't follow your logic.
    Considering the data mined information there will be a new ladder server for both SC and HC. You'll have all your characters as before, but if you want to play on the ladder you will have to start a fresh character which will be separate, the way HC/SC are at the moment.

This is the only reasonable course of action. Otherwise there would be absolutely no point in the changes in price for the gold sinks (crafting, etc) since people, some that already even admitted, will just stockpile tons of gold and materials.

People will do anything to not play the game and still make their characters better. These are the only people who liked the AH.
    Holy cow :D This makes me happy simply because it will help alleviate the grumbles of some that really hated the AH. It's also nice because then loot will really be about farming the game and not the AH. I liked the instant convenience, but yeah it certainly killed the the thrill of finding that specific item you wanted to complete a build.

It also makes the transmog system more rewarding since you will in fact need to find the items to store the skin to yr account rather than running to the ah and grabbing the cheapest one to use. :D

The only thing I am scared of is farming gems o.o Lol

Kudos Blizzard. I am VERY impressed with how the game has changed. Thanks!
    Quote from Grafikm_fr

Quote from nadenitza

So, BOA destroys trading but bartering and 3rd party sites don't? I don't follow your logic.

What does BOA has to do with third party sites and bartering? If third party sites bother you so much then stop using them? The worst thing they [blizz] did was embrace their "metod" and sort of - legalize it ingame, now they fix that mistake. With or without BOA there will be third party sites that sell items, you can't fixt that. Even blizzard can't. BOA just adds more salt to the wound.
    I've been playing the PC version since beta and just switched over to the console version. I have to say that not having the AH as a temptation or even a part of the console experience has been rather nice. I am looking forward to seeing how this pans out for the pc version and hope to find the experience just as enjoyable. To those who may ask why did I bother with both versions of the game. That is simple. I get to play the game along with my wife sitting beside her on the couch instead of at our computers and it is easier to play on the console when you have a 17month old running around or just hand her the third controller with her own character and watch her discover that she can make her WD do things and roll around the screen.
    Quote from nadenitza

What does BOA has to do with third party sites and bartering?

You said BOA destroys trading. My point is that removing AH destroys it too, and has much more nefarious consequences.

Quote from nadenitza

If third party sites bother you so much then stop using them?

I don't use them. Problem is, a lot of people do. There will be scams in trade and on third-party sites, credit card numbers stolen, in short hell will break loose. Moreover, Blizzard will have to spend (like in the good old days) money on lawsuits against the said sites. From every economical point of view, it's a lose-lose situation.

Quote from nadenitza

The worst thing they [blizz] did was embrace their "metod" and sort of - legalize it ingame, now they fix that mistake. With or without BOA there will be third party sites that sell items, you can't fixt that. Even blizzard can't.

Sure, but if you have a secure environment provided, it looks much more attractive compared to some Chinese website.
    this does suck but BLIZZARD IF U READ ANYONES POST READ THIS if you are going to take away the AH add a lobby where players can gather in person an trade. Trade chat is just not the same thats all i have to say about that an also this was the best and only game i knew of you could make legit money with paypal an now thats gone. So pretty dumb move guys cuz this game was built around that whole idea way to kill your guys game 100%...sigh
    YEEEEEEEAHHHHH!!!

welcome back Blizzard

that is all
    Quote from trocadero_fuerte

The only direct negative consequence were the bad drop rates, drop rates that existed in D2, w/o an official AH in it.

Lol.
    Quote from Freezard

The millions of casuals playing the game will be happy not caring about item values but we who play for good items will have to go to third party sites and buy for gold/money

Double lol.
    I always thought Blizzard might do this, but I picked the odds as being so low it wasn't worth taking the possibility seriously.

Truth be told, I'm going to miss the GAH. I only really used it to plug gaps in my gear (and, not going to lie, find a pile of -levelreq gear for my alts), but Loot2.0 should take care of that nicely.

Not sure I want to know how this is going to affect the bot situation... constant streams of gold-site spammers dropping in and out of public games doesn't sound that great to me. Hopefully Blizzard has/will have some good tools for spotting that crap quickly.

We shall see.

Also, well done all the gloaters in this thread. Your bravery shall be... well... forgotten within days, I'm sure. But still, kudos.
    Quote from Grafikm_fr

Quote from nadenitza

What does BOA has to do with third party sites and bartering?

You said BOA destroys trading. My point is that removing AH destroys it too, and has much more nefarious consequences.

Quote from nadenitza

If third party sites bother you so much then stop using them?

I don't use them. Problem is, a lot of people do. There will be scams in trade and on third-party sites, credit card numbers stolen, in short hell will break loose. Moreover, Blizzard will have to spend (like in the good old days) money on lawsuits against the said sites. From every economical point of view, it's a lose-lose situation.

Quote from nadenitza

The worst thing they [blizz] did was embrace their "metod" and sort of - legalize it ingame, now they fix that mistake. With or without BOA there will be third party sites that sell items, you can't fixt that. Even blizzard can't.

Sure, but if you have a secure environment provided, it looks much more attractive compared to some Chinese website.

Problem is everything revolved around the AH - trading and gameplay. You play for selling shit on the AH, to flip, snipe and farm gold so you can gear your char. Only a lunatic would go self found in that environment couse it's not meant for it due to the bad itemization witch takes the AH into account. If you have real money to throw you can skip the aforementioned. Time spent in game means almost nothing especially till you get to inferno. It means nothing afterwards too if you don't get extremely lucky with a semi-good items... that you realize you need to sell on the AH to get gold to get gear... from the AH. Am blunt here but it's basically just that. And with removing the AH you actually get to enjoy the game even more AND get your gear, not some stupid simulator. Aint that better?

I don't follow the news and dunno if they have a different method to facilitate trading, if you take a decision of such magnitude you have a back up plan. Maybe they have something planned? I said boa destroys trading couse it basically what it does. With or without the AH you can still trade your items witch if they were boa you would never be able to. To me it's the bigger evil.

On the point of third party sites - well people should know better but who am i to judge? If they wanna use em let em use em, if they got their info stolen who's to blame? No one but themselfs. Even with the AH, tp sites still run rampart and blizz does not seem waging legal war against em. I agree it's a lose-lose situation but there is no stopping them. The only way for em to disappear is for people to abandon em witch won't happen probably, will be too good to be true. A secure environment for this activity tho? Sure, as long as it does not impact gameplay? Hard stuff...
    Yes? Yees? More yes. Oh god so much yes. YEEEEES!! There is hope for Blizzard after all!!

Now if only they used their AH money to hire a good script writing team I'd be as happy as can be. For now though, it will be nice for once to not be punished for playing the game the right way! I had my doubts about RoS before, but if the AH is out of the equation, then I'm really looking forward to how crazy they are going to go with all the new loot and other features. AH affected so many aspects of the game that I can only begin to imagine what the game is going to be like when it's gone.

And dare I say, now that there is no real money involved in the game, offline mode might make a surprise return? Get rid of that ridiculously annoying yellow/red bar on the side of my HUD and play lag-free. It's starting to feel like the good old days already.
    A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head!
    Quote from maka

Quote from trocadero_fuerte

The only direct negative consequence were the bad drop rates, drop rates that existed in D2, w/o an official AH in it.

Lol.

Throw up your 100% totally legit BotD or Enigma. Yeah, those runes were just dropping like candy for totally self found folks.
    So, if this hasn't bene posted already, I feel that this is quite the appropriate response:

Celebrate good times indeed. :)
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes