Diablo III Auction House is Shutting Down on March 18, 2014

Quote from Ryude

Stock up on gold now, I have a feeling crafts and enchants won't be cheap in the expansion. With no AH to sell items for gold or buy gold, it will take a long time to farm gold. With that said, I'm going to stockpile as much as I can :)

Not saying this is going to happen, but what if they did a complete reset with RoS. Meaning a new ladder season at the start of the expansion. It would be the only way to give D3 a complete fresh start. So all that gold would be non-ladder, which isn't a bad thing, but everyone knows ladder is where it is at.
    Oh
    My
    Fucking
    God

I wanna see the face of the fanboys that defended that aberration with tooth and nails during the game's development and because of their horrible feedback D3 were not even 50% of what it should be. Hope you're proud of the consequences of your sheep behavior.
    "In time the hissing of her sanity
    Faded out her voice and soiled her name
    And like marked pages in a diary
    Everything seemed clean that is unstained
    The incoherent talk of ordinary days
    Why would we really need to live?
    Decide what is clear and what's within a haze
    What you should take and what to give" - Opeth
    Some of the best news D3 related ever.
    I'd like to see an improvment to the chat system so we can make trades
    Quote from girthyman

Quote from Ryude

Stock up on gold now, I have a feeling crafts and enchants won't be cheap in the expansion. With no AH to sell items for gold or buy gold, it will take a long time to farm gold. With that said, I'm going to stockpile as much as I can :)

Not saying this is going to happen, but what if they did a complete reset with RoS. Meaning a new ladder season at the start of the expansion. It would be the only way to give D3 a complete fresh start. So all that gold would be non-ladder, which isn't a bad thing, but everyone knows ladder is where it is at.

Well we can guess at what might happen, but I can tell you what will happen. You won't be able to buy gold anymore (except 3rd party), you won't be able to sell an item for millions of gold easily (3rd party isn't easy), and they have already said that enchantments will have a significant cost associated with them.

This also means, craft materials such as tomes of secret will be much harder to come by. Stockpile now if you don't want to be surprised.
    omfgomfgomfgomfgomfgomfgomfgomfg!!!
    Guess Loot 2.0 if not RoS will he out on March 18, 2014.

As for the AH announcement, wow... I did not expect that coming, but im not sure about shutting down both the GAH and the RMAH, I understand the big debate about it, but we need something to replace it maybe a Barter house rather than going back to the old D2 system.
    Quote from CrimsonTea

Some of the best news D3 related ever.
    I'd like to see an improvment to the chat system so we can make trades

This is my biggest problem. I don't want to chat, no matter how fancy the interface is, to buy and sell stuff. I want to post an item, and then go and kill more monsters. The AH in and of itself wasn't a problem; the items, item systems, brutal randomization, no sinks, no binding, no variety of item affixes, etc., were the problem. The only direct negative consequence were the bad drop rates, drop rates that existed in D2, w/o an official AH in it.

Basically, they made a sandwich w/ a bunch of rotten deli meats and spoiled mayo, and decided to throw out the bread. Now you've got meat and cheese and mustard all over your hands, so you have to take a bunch of time cleaning up instead of actually eating your sandwich.
    Quote from Ryude

Quote from girthyman

Quote from Ryude

Well we can guess at what might happen, but I can tell you what will happen. You won't be able to buy gold anymore (except 3rd party), you won't be able to sell an item for millions of gold easily (3rd party isn't easy), and they have already said that enchantments will have a significant cost associated with them.

This also means, craft materials such as tomes of secret will be much harder to come by. Stockpile now if you don't want to be surprised.

Valid point. Better safe than sorry.
    Well this may make me play again!
    im sure d2jsp scammer team got permanent hardon today
    if you announce offline mode (just like sc2) in blizzcon
    i will send you chocolates even´╗┐ if i leave in Europe :Thumbs Up: :Thumbs Up: :Thumbs Up: :Thumbs Up: :Thumbs Up: :Thumbs Up: :Thumbs Up:
    No More Auction House!
    My faith is restored to them :Thumbs Up:
    Now just give us and a offline mode like sc2 B)
    Wow....totally didn't see this coming. It's great to see Blizzard doing things for the good of the game regards of it making them more money.
    I guess I'm the only one that will miss AH. I don't like to waste time for trading, it was most annoying part for me in D2. AH itself isn't bad imo, just the itemistation system, the rng part to be specific. I can see why people are cheering and its ok, but i also fear about spambots mainly those that join games to spam like in D2. Guess i have to wait to see how it will be.

Quote from trocadero_fuerte

This is my biggest problem. I don't want to chat, no matter how fancy the interface is, to buy and sell stuff. I want to post an item, and then go and kill more monsters. The AH in and of itself wasn't a problem; the items, item systems, brutal randomization, no sinks, no binding, no variety of item affixes, etc., were the problem. The only direct negative consequence were the bad drop rates, drop rates that existed in D2, w/o an official AH in it.

Basically, they made a sandwich w/ a bunch of rotten deli meats and spoiled mayo, and decided to throw out the bread. Now you've got meat and cheese and mustard all over your hands, so you have to take a bunch of time cleaning up instead of actually eating your sandwich.

I just saw your post after i posted mine, and i couldn't put it up with words like you. Its exactly what i mean. Bashing monsters, while items sell themselves is a nice thing in my eyes.
    Quote from IcySoul

I dont think shuting down the AH will be a good thing.Unless they put a good trade system the channel will be overwhelmed with spam about trades. And there will be sites overpricing the best items for far beyhond 200 dolars or 200kk gold.

Exactly this. The millions of casuals playing the game will be happy not caring about item values but we who play for good items will have to go to third party sites and buy for gold/money so it will be the same thing but involve a lot more work. GREAT. They better add a good trading system.
    Finally!
    Blizzard grew balls !!!
    Quote from Johnnyxp64

if you announce offline mode (just like sc2) in blizzcon
    i will send you chocolates even´╗┐ if i leave in Europe :Thumbs Up: :Thumbs Up: :Thumbs Up: :Thumbs Up: :Thumbs Up: :Thumbs Up: :Thumbs Up:

With the AH out of the picture an offline mode seems very plausible!
    I did like the AH.
    The alternative for trading is terrible :(
    That's just PLAIN AWESOME! Maybe the best news for Diablo 3 since launch!
    Should have left the gold AH. As others have said.. here come the scammers and spammers.

Plus with loot 2.0 immensely larger item diversity it would seem an AH would be more desired to obtain that special item you always wanted
    Blizzard used to care about releasing Diablo III, then they all took an arrow in the knee...
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes