[SPOILERS AHEAD] Diablo III Expansion - Reaper of Souls: Datamining Post, Bosses, Game modes, Clans, Ladders, and more

Source or it didn't happen !
    I really hope this stuff gets implemented. It sounds amazing.

It's kind of weird that they uploaded this build so far from release. I'm sure they know people will datamine it.

Hopefully this stuff makes it in, unlike that (awesome) PVP datamined info we saw awhile back.
    Holy hell. How exciting!!
    ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_530_x1 - Increase the duration of Ignore Pain to 60 seconds.

um...with Ignorance is Bliss o.O Or mob rule in groups.
    lol cant wait!!
    Thanks for doing a great job datamining! Looks like they have come up with many interesting legendary effects, many that I wouldn't be able to come up with myself :)
    Make your peace...Quickly!
    Quote from WizArt

What is the source for all this? Where was all this data uploaded to? Usually datamined info is released when the files are uploaded to the PTR servers or LIVE servers, right?

Quote from Bruce

As WizArt says, I know this is DFANS and a trustable site, but, where did DFANS get this info from? Inquiring minds MUST know!!!

Quote from WizArt

Source or it didn't happen !

Ok I'll tell you but I'm not going to post links as I'm not sure Diablofans would allow me to do so.

Blizzard has a set of CDNS servers across 3 providers. When you download via their installers or via the launcher there's always a http download stream from one of these servers. It doesn't matter if your installing a PTR , a beta or something that's live , the original source will be on one of these CDN servers. So before it goes live to the PTR , Beta or Live Live it gets uploaded to these servers.

Now each "type" of download has a program identifier. Wow is "Wow" , WoW PTR is "WoWT" , Wow beta is "WowB" , SC2 is "SC2" , SC2 beta is "SC2B" on so on and so forth. So if we were looking for a Diablo 3 beta the identifier would be "D3B"

Now if you know where certain headers are stored and know the arcane art of reading & interpreting them you can use it to glom together a direct download link to patch files and hence download patch files without need of a installer or launcher. That unfortunately isn't me.

But I do have a friend that has a bot that watches for changes in amongst the CDN servers and sends an email out for any changes it sees. On the 10th September @ 21:30 GMT it sent one out "New build for D3B - enUS: 19080" then on the 11th @ 20:50 GMT it sent out another for "New build for D3B - enUS: 19177"

I've been scratching my head over the last two days trying to figure out what it was. The emails do have direct download links to MPQ files but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post such links. I honestly thought it had something to do with a PC based client for the Console version of Diablo 3 (hey don't hate ! I don't follow the news on Diablo 3 that closely >_> )

But rest assured this info has a very good probability to be true - there are MPQ patch files out there for a "D3B" that , as I've explained above has to do with a Diablo 3 beta.
    • ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_512_x1 - Enable all runes for a specific skill.
    Are you.. serious.. . . wow
    bluspacecow, pm me a link.
    Quote from Kayzer

Faithful, pm me a link.

Faithful isn't his name, its the forum rank, nub :)

Btw it's already confirmed to be legit by a polish CM.
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/pl/forum/topic/8171997192?page=3#54

Google Translate:
    I confirm that Blizzard employees are testing various elements Reaper of Souls, and some of these items are available on the test server. I remind you that the data is a test server and they are by no means final. Also warn against spoilers contained in these articles. Information on the progress of the development of the addition we will publish on our official website.
    Haha I quickly looked, was too excited by the leak.
    Hmm the new titles should be fun. Nice to see them being implemented hopefully. Also can't wait to form a clan/guild with my friends. So much info. Though it does confirm something I've been thinking since I saw the Gamescon footage. They are a lot further along with the xpac then they are saying. From what it looks like with this much data and the info stated previously about the servers. I am guessing they are at atleast a Alpha in house or friends and family build phase. I'd guess they are going to announce beta at Blizzcon.
    ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_501_x1 - Companion - Wolf Companion now summons 3 wolves.

Awesome!
    Information overload. This is looking great. If blizz could give me beta invite on day 1, all would be forgiven for not giving me a hearthstone beta key. :P
    I can see what you see not. Vision milky, then eyes rot.
    When you turn, they will be gone. Whispering their hidden song.

Then you see what cannot be. Shadows move where light should be.
    Out of darkness, out of mind. Cast down into the Halls of the Blind
    Many thanks bluspacecow, it all makes sense now!
    I can already say they got my money. Can't wait till blizzcon!
    From this leak elemetal damage effect Blizzard is testing are
    Lightning jumps to many targets.
    Fire deals periodic damage.
    Arcane has a chance to charm.
    Holy heals you.
    The ring that boost poision damage says it double only damage of poision damage so I don't know what's poision effect.
    Quote from Dhaern

lol guys use your brain and google, you can download D3 RoS early Beta binaries from ownedcore.

I wouldn't trust a filebeam URL especially one coming from ownedcore. There are direct download links you can get that use the same CDN servers Blizzards uses and have been uploaded by Blizzard.
    Enable all runes for a specific skill.

Ummm.... YES!
    Quote from bluspacecow

Quote from Dhaern

lol guys use your brain and google, you can download D3 RoS early Beta binaries from ownedcore.

I wouldn't trust a filebeam URL especially one coming from ownedcore. There are direct download links you can get that use the same CDN servers Blizzards uses and have been uploaded by Blizzard.

Link them.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes