[SPOILERS AHEAD] Diablo III Expansion - Reaper of Souls: Datamining Post, Bosses, Game modes, Clans, Ladders, and more

I keep trying to read the lists, but every five seconds my mind gets blown. This is insane, if the expansion is adding everything that we see here, I can't really fathom why anyone would not buy this.
    Of all things important in Online Gaming, there is one thing no game developer can "fix" - it's community.
    Quote from Ferret

I keep trying to read the lists, but every five seconds my mind gets blown. This is insane, if the expansion is adding everything that we see here, I can't really fathom why anyone would not buy this.

I think somethings will be cut. Too much content to be true imo. This makes LoD looks liek a joke.
    So many new unique item abilities!
    Quote from Wildthood

Quote from Ferret

I think somethings will be cut. Too much content to be true imo. This makes LoD looks liek a joke.

You're telling me. Ive been looking at diffs for the last .. 12 hours? now. and IM STILL finding new stuff, and im still getting in shock of some of the stuff. Im just... holy crap
    This is just information overload. Too much to digest at once.
    I just registered to say: great work guys, keep them coming! The amount of new incredible things listed is amazing, if half of it ends up in the expansion it will be for sure worth getting!
    This is so much information. So reserving the wife ad I's CEs this weekend. I have to agree with a few of the previous commenters about where did this information come from? We must know lol!! Some of these item affixes are simply stunning and sound like so much fun. I'm also excited about the clan/guild system being added. Can't wait to see what more information is gathered as the day goes on. Such a perfect way to pass the time on the two hour train ride to work this morning.
    I'd like to have that ring that allows me to use all Runes of a specific skill. :o
    sto lavorando
    Quote from inkcheese

I'd like to have that ring that allows me to use all Runes of a specific skill. :o

I wonder how that will work. I am confused.
    Quote from Molster

Quote from Wildthood

Quote from Ferret

I think somethings will be cut. Too much content to be true imo. This makes LoD looks like a joke.

You're telling me. Ive been looking at diffs for the last .. 12 hours? now. and IM STILL finding new stuff, and im still getting in shock of some of the stuff. Im just... holy crap

To be fair, its likely that some stuff will get cut, but this is a very ambitious project on Blizzard's part nonetheless. Josh already mentioned at BlizzCon that they literally only scratched the surface with what they announced because time was somewhat limited. It just bugs me that players are going haywire because there hasn't been any news on the development front, save GamesCon of course, for so many months - I mean, its not like this stuff was just thought up yesterday. If Blizzard had shared even a tiny portion of what is being unveiled today, the tone in the community might be a completely different one, and as much as I'm enjoying D3 when playing it, the community is a significant part of the D3 experience.

I was going to buy the expansion on launch day, but at this point, I'd buy multiple copies if that would somehow increase the level of enjoyment o.O Not even touching on how the Loot System itself is going to pan out, this expansion seems to add so much stuff that it wouldn't even matter for the first few hundred hours of playing. Not to mention, ladder is "almost" certainly confirmed at this point, and not just for individuals...

I just can't picture this expansion not adding a lot of replay value, and we don't even know the fine points of it yet, which is crazy. Objectively speaking, what LoD added to D2 seems to be a joke compared to this, and if there is even one system in that datamined list that has a decent level of complexity for character development, D3 may go on to become the best entry for this IP yet, which is no small feat.

My mind is boggled...
    Of all things important in Online Gaming, there is one thing no game developer can "fix" - it's community.
    Quote from Wildthood

Quote from inkcheese

or
    Yeah I was trying to wrap my head around how this would work for something like ww on Wiz or elemental arrow on DH. Kinda hurts the head to think of an elemental arrow shot that has all those attributes but could be pretty cool. Or try to imagine rapid fire with all its runes. That is the one I see likely not making it to release or if it does being very limited to specific skills or with some sort of diminished % on the overall damage or effect of said runes.
    You absorb an attribute from the pack you are fighting.

Lasers! :D

Enable all runes for a specific skill.

Too powerfull!

When receiving fatal damage, you are instead restored to 100% of maximum Life and and resources. This item is destroyed in the process.

Hardcore players will kill each other for this item.

You turn into a treasure goblin or pony.

...Wut?

Mystic Ally mirrors your attacks.

O_O

Too much awesomeness!
    Quote from stroheim_cornell

Quote from Wildthood

Quote from inkcheese

or
    Yeah I was trying to wrap my head around how this would work for something like ww on Wiz or elemental arrow on DH. Kinda hurts the head to think of an elemental arrow shot that has all those attributes but could be pretty cool. Or try to imagine rapid fire with all its runes. That is the one I see likely not making it to release or if it does being very limited to specific skills or with some sort of diminished % on the overall damage or effect of said runes.

I guess you'll get the opportunity to use the same skill, with differents runes, several times in your skill bar. You'll get to have the same skill on your skill bar four times, but each with a different rune. You'll be able to use Fists of thunder quickening on left click and thunderclap on right click.
    Quote from Mist3rHyde

Quote from Wildthood

Quote from inkcheese

or

I guess you'll get the opportunity to use the same skill, with differents runes, several times in your skill bar. You'll get to have the same skill on your skill bar four times, but each with a different rune. You'll be able to use Fists of thunder quickening on left click and thunderclap on right click.

That be awesome if true. Opens up a lot of possibilities.
    Quote from Wildthood

Quote from Ferret

Nah, you're just not used to look game content in this way. It'd be silly to expect that a game that lasts years would fit in a few forum posts. It is not too much. Some of the content might be cut, but some content will be added too. I can already see placeholder stuff here.
    Quote from RasAlgethi24

Quote from Mist3rHyde

Quote from Wildthood

Quote from inkcheese

or

That be awesome if true. Opens up a lot of possibilities.

Your idea does make a lot of sense. This could make a heavy pet build very viable as well for the WD or the DH. I can't wait to get more information.
    Quote from EleSaturate
    • ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_521_x1 - Shrine effects last until death.
    Got to have this in hardcore :D

damn that's a pretty legit passive lol.

also, thanks to the mods for all the work getting this stuff posted. Gives me something to do at work this morning ;)
    Also

"ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_524_x1 - You turn into a treasure goblin or pony."

rofl.
    Quote from Stephenk291

Also

"ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_524_x1 - You turn into a treasure goblin or pony."

rofl.

Lol yes I can just see it now in a multiplayer game you get turned into one and all your party members suddenly are trying to slaughter you. *Insert the whole...."Guys why are you looking at me like that....wait...wait oh God.....RUN AWAY!!!"
    And to think those are just the Ring affixes. (mainly)
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes