[UPDATED] Watch D3's Expansion 'Reaper of Souls' teaser and opening cinematic!

Seems to me alot of the majority on here are disappointed/upset. Granted we've had to endure alot more 'bad' than 'good' in this game since release. But as for me personally, Ive stuck it out, still play nearly every day since day 1, and Im thrilled with the changes ... all of them in fact. Looking forward to the new loot, the new class, and all the new experiences. I personally think its a great list of changes, and Im excited.

Lv01 Witch Doctor --> 11:30am EST - May 15, 2012
    Lv60 Witch Doctor --> 12:52pm EST - May 22, 2012
    I'll i can see from this announcement is, still no PvP before the expansion, and leaving loot 2.0 for the expansion. I hope they get shitloads of crap on their heads.
    I'm probably going to buy this and play it.

As far as anyone else being angry - it doesn't matter to me or my purchase. I played this game for about 500-600 hours.

I liked the story, and if anything - considering the setup they have coming up (Stat allocation, Transmog, Account-wide paragon levels), i could see my self playing this. It could be fun. If nothing else, just worth the money to see the story through.

Also, in my experience you should never judge Blizzard in the short-term coming of a game. They are known to build their business on long term plans, long term changes and pragmatic thinking. So rendering any judgement negative on this point on the possible shortcoming - is sort of pointless.

Just to pull an example. Did anyone forsee Nephalem stacks? The inferno nerfs? Good or bad - these were all adaptations that came after time and made the game better. Rome was not built on a day.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/CrazyPoochification - Let's Play of Eastern Sun/Other stuff
    A Strength based and shield using class is not surprising, considering the current gap it fills.

The new Paragon levels will likely be derived from the total earned Paragon XP when the expansion hits, so 10 Plvl 10 chars will be "worth" much less than one Plvl 100 char.
    Being able to distribute the stat points from Paragon levels is a great change as well. Though it appears we will not be able to distribute them completely how we want to. From the screenshot it looks like there will be 4 categories: Core (Dex, Int, Str, Vit), Attack (my guess is Aspd, Crit%, CritDmg, AvgDmg), Defense (guess: Armor, AllRes, Life%) and Utility (guess: MF, GF, RunSpeed, PickupRange) to which the points are earned independently. The reset option is a nice touch as well but should incur some kind of penalty imho.

The stat inflation isn't that bad, considering the current inflation form ilvl 53 to 63 gear it's actually rather mild.
    Splitting affixes into magic, rare and legendary also allows for more control during item generation while keeping transparency for the player.
    Also, from the looks of this Jawbreaker, the whole Crit madness might hopefully be nerfed so that crits will be much less powerful and hopefully less frequent, too.

Transmog is great change, has been desired by the community for a while now.
    I don't know how to feel about re-rolling affixes, though. Of course, it's a great gold sink but it might make good gear obtainable too easily. I guess I'd like it if the new stat only rolled with a 80-90% maximum value compared to dropped gear. That way, players can close gaps in their gear fairly easily but still need to go out and hunt monsters to get the very best items.

Loot runs as a concept sound good but much depends on the actual implementation and balancing.

I hope that this isn't everything for the new expansion. I'd like to see at least another new class and a different approach to the end game.
    I'm on Twitter.
    Quote from Xhawk

Seems to me alot of the majority on here are disappointed/upset.

Having read all forum posts today, the majority seems to be happy about the D3X stuff; there are a few people who still thought D3 is turning into just another PvP/e-sports game, but I'm confident they'll soon be gone as Blizzard clearly showed them the door.

As for the core of its gameplay, I think Blizzard hit many right buttons and I could totally see D3X to become what we wanted to have with D3 in the first place. Better late than never.

Those who still want e-sports, skill trees, and pro-gamer stuff, should leave to PoE for good.
    Quote from Conax

Malthael? Yeah.. okay, for whatever reason he betrays his brothers after countless angels being slaughtered by Diablo etc etc, he turns evil all of a sudden when he decides to show up? Just because you didnt have proper storyline to continue the series you just had to pick an angel that is mysteriously gone to become corrupt?

Really? I'm sorry, but you're not very clued up on the lore, are you?
    In the Book of Cain it's stated that Mathael's mood became darker since Sanctuary was created. It's also suggested that his infinite wisdom did not reach into the realm of the Nephalem, for which he might be increasingly hateful towards mortals.At the end of D2 he mysteriously disappeared, and no one knows what became of him, though it left a bleak omen.

This was planned all along, as I remember we had discussions on this very forum of how he might become an enemy in D3. And that was months before the game was released. So I struggle to grasp how they pulled this one out of their asses all of a sudden when even the public foresaw it more than a year ago.

That being said, I haven't played D3 in a while, as I haven't fully agreed with the mechanical side of the game. The itemization primarily left me wanting, and the loot 2.0 part of what lies ahead interests me the most. What I saw here didn't help. I want items to be far more interesting, not only legendaries, but rares included.
    Firstly, I hope they give elemental damages extra effects.
    Secondly, I hope they add more affixes across the board, so items can feel more lively.
    Thirdly, since legendaries receive so much of their attention, I'm hoping they'll add a lot more into game of varying powers at higher levels, and some very rare legendaries and sets to collect at endgame.
    Loot 2.0 portion of the Gamescom footage is now up in video!!!!!

http://au.gamespot.com/events/gamescom-2013/loot-20-diablo-iii-reaper-of-souls-6413370/
    Quote from Icesong

Quote from phatosen

You don't know why Malthael acts as he does. For all we know he disagrees with Tyraels way of "disposing" of Diablo, and acts to kill Diablo by himself. You have no idea what will happen. Way too early to rage.

I saw some liveblog of the conference say that he's trying to end the Eternal Conflict by destroying all demons.

Just saw in the gameplay footage they showed on stage that one of Malthael's minions called humans of demon blood, so I guess we're included.
    Quote from DamienJohn

Loot 2.0 portion of the Gamescom footage is now up in video!!!!!

http://au.gamespot.c...-souls-6413370/

Thank you for the video. I noticed that the lvl 70 Dead Man's Legacy has 7.5 crit chance and the Jawbreaker 35% Crit damage. I think they are going to nerf these two stats to make old and new affixes a bit more competitive. And last, all Legendaries seems account bound without the use of the Mystic to change stats... well, better than having all your oranges on sale on the AH.
    Quote from Doorsfan

Also, in my experience you should never judge Blizzard in the short-term coming of a game. They are known to build their business on long term plans, long term changes and pragmatic thinking. So rendering any judgement negative on this point on the possible shortcoming - is sort of pointless.

Just to pull an example. Did anyone forsee Nephalem stacks? The inferno nerfs? Good or bad - these were all adaptations that came after time and made the game better. Rome was not built on a day.

Don't forget the terrible 'legendaries' from launch. Lets not talk about the actual loot even if fixing it can surely be label as 'long term'.

But seriouly, for me to come back, all they'd have to do is redo the skill UI, bring back teleportation between acts, stop cockblocking things like chests etc, have an actual good loot and drop not tied to the rmah, and not rub the failed story to my face with cutscenes and linear maps. "Loot runs" mode is a good idea too, if done right.
    I don't think it is asking for too much really since I bailed out on the story and the lore; most of it are tweaks.

Oh, and if they could stop removing actual content to put it in the next update that would be great (the mystic, only one class and a new act which I hope don't start in Sanctuary if you catch my drift.)

edit: I forgot the whole weapon DPS thing being tied to all your damages...I settled for very little right? GG blizz
    "A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever." Shigeru Miyamoto-nintendo boss

"I think it's hilarious because gamers won't be getting watered down anything.
    This is flat out Diablo 3." -Anonymous discussing the console version
    The only bad thing i see in this xpac is that i have to wait for it.
    Nothing special at all about the expansion so far. I was honestly expecting something about PvP modes and self found mode and/or ladders mentioned right of the bat.

Now these are questions that won't get answered until Blizzcon.
    lol@ the new video "GAMEPLAY von der Blizzard Pressekonverenz"
    At 7:10 we get to see a rare (yellow) item, +str +dex +int +vit. They learnt nothing.

No loot 2.0 for rares apparently then it looks like.
    "A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever." Shigeru Miyamoto-nintendo boss

"I think it's hilarious because gamers won't be getting watered down anything.
    This is flat out Diablo 3." -Anonymous discussing the console version
    Ah crap.. there is that itch again..

This looks amazing..

My big hang-ups are the itemization and the lack of meaningful choices when you level up.

So.. of course I'm buying this, but crossing fingers on the new loot and if the paragon stuff makes you make choices that matter.
    Quote from toothball12

The only bad thing i see in this xpac is that i have to wait for it.

+1 :D
    Okey, so..
    - Collectors Edition, is it gonna be availible for this game?
    - No word on the talisman and charms?
    - Will the mystic be in a patch with the 2.0 loot and 2.0 paragon?

Swedish Official Fansite www.Diablo3pvp.se

Quote from Enkeria

Okey, so..
    - Collectors Edition, is it gonna be availible for this game?

Seeing they have CEs for WoW and Starcraft expansions, they MUST have it for Diablo 3 as well. Here's to hoping at least.

And also.... Where are my runes and runewords?!
    Aww, I was really hoping for a shapeshifter... oh well.

The Hydra wand looks awesome though, at last.
    Quote from Catalept

I fully expect a QQstorm from people who don't understand how ARPG expansions work, and also fully expect to ignore it completely.
    you know, ARPG normally don't have auctions with real money involved, or black real money market.
    Quote from 2gutpik

Quote from Catalept

I fully expect a QQstorm from people who don't understand how ARPG expansions work, and also fully expect to ignore it completely.
    you know, ARPG normally don't have auctions with real money involved, or black real money market.

Remove the rose-tinted-glasses maybe? That's exactly how D2 and Titan-Quest worked for years.

There's 2 ways they could go. Either go the Torchlight 2 offline full moddable with no economy, or go the PoE/D3 way, online only with an actual player-drive economy. Whether the choice was good or bad, there's no way to remove the "real money" aspect that's tied to the second model.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes