[UPDATED] Watch D3's Expansion 'Reaper of Souls' teaser and opening cinematic!

Hell yes. I fucking love video games. Even though I don't still play I still put 150 hrs on my barb and 120 plus on my wiz/wd combined. Can't wait to get back out there and play again. This is the diablo 3 I was waiting for. Seems like everyone has forgotten how GROUNDBREAKING the LOD expansion was to D2. The diablo population almost doubled it seemed when I was playing D2 before LOD came out
    and what about current gear and gold?
    ... can we transfer all the chars and current gear to the expansion?
    I don't remember how it was with Lord of the Destruction.

What happens to the paragon level you are currently @ now with your various characters, is this all gone?

I read in some interview, when talking about Paragon levels, that when they changed the system, the change would be retro active. If you have 100 levels already, you would get all the bonuses when the expansion goes live.

Now, about the announcement.... It's quite nice, but recently i said i wouldn't like a level cap increase, but i think it's the only way to clean the mess that vanilla D3 is.

At the moment i won't touch Diablo 3, until the expansion (or if a patch before it comes). I can't force myself to play if everything will be tossed away. <.
    Oh my, seems like they covered a big chunk of what people wanned for Diablo 3 with smart loot, enchanting, transmog, loot runs, level cap etc!

Just logged in to D3 and it kinda feels "meh" right away after seeing this stuff :P
    When obtaining a goodly item it will probably be hard to resist taking it to the Mystic and making it account bound. Item and gold sink.
    Looks good for most part. Now all we need is release date.
    Nice, nice, nice ! Waiting for the End Game modes thou and the PvP ...
    Seems like everyone has forgotten how GROUNDBREAKING the LOD expansion was to D2.

LoD was actually GAMEBREAKING for me :P
    Liked the Classic D2 better ;)

"15-20m random dungeons" is endgame for now. PvP/more PvE events can and will probably be patched in once the stuff that is really important for an ARPG (loot, skills, balance, character progression) is done. And they seem to have focused on that for the x-pac, I +1 that.

What happens to the paragon level you are currently @ now with your various characters, is this all gone?

I read in some interview, when talking about Paragon levels, that when they changed the system, the change would be retro active. If you have 100 levels already, you would get all the bonuses when the expansion goes live.

Now, about the announcement.... It's quite nice, but recently i said i wouldn't like a level cap increase, but i think it's the only way to clean the mess that vanilla D3 is.

At the moment i won't touch Diablo 3, until the expansion (or if a patch before it comes). I can't force myself to play if everything will be tossed away. <.

Say I have a p100 p50 and p20 character would I end up with account paragon lvl 170?
    If so wouldn't it be best to aim for as many paragon lvls as possible on all chars combined?

I am just saying the grind from p100 to p170 is probably much worse than bringing 2 characters to p35 before the addon.

Say I have a p100 p50 and p20 character would I end up with account paragon lvl 170?
    If so wouldn't it be best to aim for as many paragon lvls as possible on all chars combined?

I am just saying the grind from p100 to p170 is probably much worse than bringing 2 characters to p35 before the addon.

I assume they'll just add all the paragon XP together and assign your account the corresponding paragon level... anything else would be badly broken.
    Aaaaaaand nothing for the PvP. :( So sad.
    Good, now there are going to be more new interesting posts to read! :)
    Thanks Overneathe and Diablofans, your job is appreciated!

So they're stealing (Copying) the Badass Point system from Borderlands 2? Awesome, rofl.

Blizzard, the ripoff artist extraordinaire, strikes again!

What comparison is there besides stat allocation; being nothing new for either or any game? The distinguishing thing about BPs is how you earn them which is nothing like how you'll earn paragon points which are more akin to something like AAs from EQ.
    No cap on paragon? So that means infinite paragon levels? Lawl

Must have missed it, reading broad brushes, what reason is there to think you'll be able to go above 100?

Edit: I see it now.

I'm seriously worried about that. Some people would be paragon 1000 by now, the majority hasn't even reached p100; how are they gonna make sure the game still stays balanced and these 24/7 players don't cause havoc to the system?

"15-20m random dungeons" is endgame for now. PvP/more PvE events can and will probably be patched in once the stuff that is really important for an ARPG (loot, skills, balance, character progression) is done. And they seem to have focused on that for the x-pac, I +1 that.

I guess the "15-20m dungeons" are between the 5m runs of white mobs in Fields and 1h of gameplay with 5 stacks of NephalemV but I think they can deliver more.
    And I really hope it will be more than that, I really don't like them to sell me the expansion with the promise of "feature PvP close after release" again !

So they're stealing (Copying) the Badass Point system from Borderlands 2? Awesome, rofl.

Blizzard, the ripoff artist extraordinaire, strikes again!

Do you flame every Ego-Shooter for copying the WASD-Controls and the basic concept of shooting things? Blizzard tried to be innovative with Vanilla D3 but the game was boring and not fun. They introduced the Paragon System which was before Borderlands 2 so in your strange logic it means Gearbox is a ripoff artist too. And BTW leveling skillpoints after a levelup is a very old concept my friend.

Oh in your text u used the 26 letters of the alphabet which millions of people did before you. F***** ripoff user.

I'm seriously worried about that. Some people would be paragon 1000 by now, the majority hasn't even reached p100; how are they gonna make sure the game still stays balanced and these 24/7 players don't cause havoc to the system?

I saw there is a limit on how many stats you can allocate on a single attribute, soooo, the cap is when you maxed everything? °°
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes