Diablo 3's next expansion is named "Reaper of Souls"?

The Reaper of Souls will reap the souls of all the players, who want Self-Found mode, meaningful endgame, PvP features and more accessible items, while on the other hand will lick the balls of all the RMAH users.
    You herd it here first.
    Quote from Sixen

Quote from Zero(pS)

Hopefully it's not only a "story" teaser and they'll have some gameplay news to show as well :D

"Reaper of Souls" makes me believe this will deal in large part with Malthael, the Archangel who went awry and wielded scythes, who just happens to be reminiscent of...?

You got it, the Grim Reaper.

That was kind of my first thought, too. They were more like sickles or khopeshes, though. That verse of the prophecy could just as easily be referring to Tathamet.
    "Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."-Friedrich Nietzsche
    I stopped playing D3 long ago but I still going to buy its expansion anyways lol ;)

Quote from Noxifer

The Reaper of Souls will reap the souls of all the players, who want Self-Found mode, meaningful endgame, PvP features and more accessible items, while on the other hand will lick the balls of all the RMAH users.
    You herd it here first.

Über boss fights to craft your hellfire ring, which supports paragon leveling. Better endgame crafting to gear up for pvp or more efficient MP runs. These aren't meaningful? They gave us the boot with PVP, I will you that one. People seem to expect a little too much with an ARPG.
    Quote from Noxifer

You herd it here first.

I hope you're right.
    Quote from IcySoul

Quote from vingor

Well it make sens with the leaked timeline chart in 2009 ! They are always near the date on that chart so we can see the x-pack end 13 begin 14 !!

titan is settle to 2015

Before wiping titan project they were playing it internaly at blizzard so if they wouldnt have wipe it it would be in 2014 so the chart has been pretty accurate for the project they didnt reset.
    Vingor#1871
    D3 Expansion 1 falls within 2013 Q2? What?

Quote from vingor

Well it make sens with the leaked timeline chart in 2009 ! They are always near the date on that chart so we can see the x-pack end 13 begin 14 !!

Except D3 was pushed back to 2013 and there is no way they'll release a new expansion in 2013, let alone 6 months from the console release.
    In fact I don't see them releasing an expansion at all. It wouldn't work very well with the console business.
    I think we can expect a $15-20 DLC. D3 Reaper of Souls : the rest of the game, or something like that. Hell, only releasing a new class would sell.
    "A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever." Shigeru Miyamoto-nintendo boss

"I think it's hilarious because gamers won't be getting watered down anything.
    This is flat out Diablo 3." -Anonymous discussing the console version
    More like late next year at the earliest.
    www.myspace.com/mpotatoes for all your Trans Siberian Orchestra listening pleasure
    If you want to arrange it
    This world you can change it
    If we could somehow make this
    Christmas thing last

By helping a neighbor
    Or even a stranger
    And to know who needs help
    You need only just ask

Quote from JuicyFruitSweeT

www.myspace.com/mpotatoes for all your Trans Siberian Orchestra listening pleasure
    Christmas thing last

By helping a neighbor
    Or even a stranger
    You need only just ask

Quote from DesmondTiny

I could see it being released shortly after Blizzcon, actually.
    "Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."-Friedrich Nietzsche
    i am sure it will be sad news regarding once again the stupid console version and nothing about expansion!
    dont forget we have blizzcon this year there is no point to make an announcement that important at gamescon2013!

they will announce the expansion at blizzcon.

as about the pvp......well RiP
    No More Auction House!
    My faith is restored to them :Thumbs Up:
    Now just give us and a offline mode like sc2 B)
    Quote from brx

Quote from vingor

Except D3 was pushed back to 2013 and there is no way they'll release a new expansion in 2013, let alone 6 months from the console release.
    In fact I don't see them releasing an expansion at all. It wouldn't work very well with the console business.
    I think we can expect a $15-20 DLC. D3 Reaper of Souls : the rest of the game, or something like that. Hell, only releasing a new class would sell.

What? D3 launched mid 2012. If you move everything D3 related over by that same amount, then the first D3 expansion that would have dropped in mid 2013 will drop in late 2013.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!
    Quote from Eldius

Quote from DesmondTiny

I could see it being released shortly after Blizzcon, actually.

I doubt it. There still working hard on Loot 2.0 and other stuff most likely. At the rate blizzard works I doubt the expansion is even near ready. They probably have the story done and the act but I bet it's only 75% complete.
    Christmas thing last

By helping a neighbor
    Or even a stranger
    You need only just ask

You guys are taking that chart too literally... does no one see the bold disclaimer at the bottom of it? Someone may have just made that according to past release dates.

I fear when I get home my roommate's poor kitty has already been sacrificed.. :(
    Quote from Bleu42

Quote from brx

Quote from vingor

What? D3 launched mid 2012. If you move everything D3 related over by that same amount, then the first D3 expansion that would have dropped in mid 2013 will drop in late 2013.

yes my bad, it was pushed back to 2012 was what I meant, more than 6 months later. Point is a lot of the product listed already have had their target release date changed.
    "A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever." Shigeru Miyamoto-nintendo boss

"I think it's hilarious because gamers won't be getting watered down anything.
    This is flat out Diablo 3." -Anonymous discussing the console version
    Quote from brx

Quote from Bleu42

Quote from brx

Quote from vingor

yes my bad, it was pushed back to 2012 was what I meant, more than 6 months later. Point is a lot of the product listed already have had their target release date changed.

right, and my point is if we extrapolate the 6 month pushback, then the first D3 exp pack would launch at the end of 2013.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!
    Quote from Sixen

Quote from Zero(pS)

Hopefully it's not only a "story" teaser and they'll have some gameplay news to show as well :D

"Reaper of Souls" makes me believe this will deal in large part with Malthael, the Archangel who went awry and wielded scythes, who just happens to be reminiscent of...?

...Haven't seen you around these parts for awhile. Wonder if we will see FORCE make some D3 videos again soon. You two hyped me up for D3 vanilla and then left pretty soon after release.. :(

Malthael makes the most sense to me - he currently has the most open ended questions in the story line.

Is he still Wisdom? - Tyrael proclaimed himself Wisdom but doesn't the lore go that if an Angel dies that the replacement will appear out of the Crystal Arch in Heaven?

I think Mathael may have turned bad and he is wanting to trap all demons AND angles into the black soul stone so he can become Anu..

We need to kill him.. when we do.. DECKARD CAIN will appear from the Crystal Arch as the the new ANGEL OF WISDOM..

BOOM haha
    http://www.diablowiki.net/Razorclaw

Razorclaw - Reaper of Angels
    Lazerclaw - Reaper of Souls???

Sorry I am just silly right now. Please excuse me :P
    Quote from Sixen

Quote from Zero(pS)

Hey bud! Did he go crazy? It's been a while since I got to play D3. I need to brush up on my D3 lore!
    "I want to say something but I'll keep it to myself I guess and leave this useless post behind to make you aware that there WAS something... "
    -Equinox

"We're like the downtown of the Diablo related internet lol"
    -Winged
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes