Diablo 3's next expansion is named "Reaper of Souls"?

Quote from Zathor

Thanks, did not know that. Now I'm wondering why does not Diablo 3 has Leah in it's cover...

Because the cover doesn't dictate anything. In Blizzard games covers have been a good guy, a bad guy, a random guy.... anything really. Just needs to have something to do with the game and look good.

Ha. Bagstone.

Quote from overneathe

I'm not skeptical anymore, but I am sad that Blizz will start announcing things on different conventions. This means even more unneeded hype, but most importantly - the watering down of BlizzCon, which was by far my favorite out there.

Blizzard PR knows better. First, there is no such thing as unnecessary hype while the information flow is controlled by PR. Second, BlizzCon would loose it's main PR advantage if it was reduced to an announcement barrage. Keeping the number of announcements to one or two per event they can focus more attention on a product. Just imagine the headline: "[The Next Big Thing] is announced!" And imagine this one: "Blizzard announces three new titles!" I think you can see now the importance of focus. Blizzard doesn't make money on Blizzcons, they make money on their products. Sure, stuffing all announcements in Blizzcon's schedule would turn people's heads towards Blizzcon, but that's not the goal. The great, worldwide audience of Blizzard is interested in games, afterall, and they want to hear about games, the more about a product, the better. Scheduling announcements on different dates can keep media attention on a single product at a time, and Blizzard games get more coverage in total.

Blizzcon won't get watered down. It's a meeting of Warcraft, Starcraft and Diablo fans first and foremost. Traditional events, contests and activities may suffer if more time would be allocated to announcements and details.

Now, there are downsides of announcing at large events, like Gamescom. Many other, third-party games may be announced, so Blizzard might not get full attention afterall. That is a PR risk, but Gamescom is traditionally not rich in announcements, not a blockbuster-bomb like E3, at least. It's more like a very large VG fan meeting like PAX, or similar to ComicCon. They'll have their attention, I'm sure.
    Quote from Zathor

Thanks, did not know that. Now I'm wondering why does not Diablo 3 has Leah in it's cover...

Well it has Leah on it's cover, in a way :)
    This news makes me go...
    America! FUCK YEAH!!!
    share http://us.battle.net/d3/en/reaper-of-souls/ on facebook and there it is:

"
    Image removed due to its file extension: https://fbexternal-a.akamaihd.net/safe_image.php?d=AQCGsCqObxn29DdF&w=100&h=100&url=http://media.blizzard.com/battle.net/logos/og-d3.png&cfs=1&upscale
    Reaper of Souls - Diablo III Expansion"
    Well, Cain was killed by a butterfly demon that could have been from WoW, belial is clearly the best liar ever, and diablo is now kerrigan.
    I don't think it is possible to have a worst, shallow story than in d3, but I wouldn't bet on that though.

Maybe will have better (read:good at last) itemisation and better skill ui.
    Oh I forgot about the RMAH, silly me.

I have no faith in blizzard making it right. Not anymore.
    "A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever." Shigeru Miyamoto-nintendo boss

"I think it's hilarious because gamers won't be getting watered down anything.
    This is flat out Diablo 3." -Anonymous discussing the console version
    Quote from overneathe

I'm not skeptical anymore, but I am sad that Blizz will start announcing things on different conventions. This means even more unneeded hype, but most importantly - the watering down of BlizzCon, which was by far my favorite out there.

Haha, overneathe. BlizzCon is overrated, and never would Blizzard make a D3 announcmenet this big in Anaheim when WOWX5 is also close. ^^
    I will assume Imperius or Malthael who is missing will be the big bad guy with the help of adria power, since she still have some demon lord essence. And probably they will temporaly corrupt the other remain angels to kill nephalin and humans, with tyrael getting killed in the process.
    Finally .. something to get excited about @@

Lv01 Witch Doctor --> 11:30am EST - May 15, 2012
    Lv60 Witch Doctor --> 12:52pm EST - May 22, 2012
    So... what do you guys think, two new classes?
    Quote from Diablofan0815

Haha, overneathe. BlizzCon is overrated, and never would Blizzard make a D3 announcmenet this big in Anaheim when WOWX5 is also close. ^^

You can give your opinion on whatever you want however you like, but BlizzCon is simply not overrated and a D3 announcement is.... I don't even know why I bother. You wont change your mind. Good day!

Ha. Bagstone.

Quote from Jamoose

So... what do you guys think, two new classes?

Yep, a shapeshifter please. The other choice I leave for Blizzard. They can make whatever they want!
    Don't forget it can also be Inarius. I'm hoping for a Paladin class and another magic class, but I'm a bit disappointed they won't balance the current chars before introducing new ones.
    My body is ready for the incoming CGI trailer!
    What is that little statue guy in the lower left?
    It looks like fetish
    Kind of looks like a cat.
    Quote from Soth

It looks like fetish

It does indeed... Kurast!? :D
    Kurast or the jungles of the witchdoctor
    Make your peace...Quickly!
    Quote from toothball12
    What is that little statue guy in the lower left?http://img5.imagesha...5/7711/zuay.jpg

Looks like a new version of these guys :)

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes