Diablo III: The Road So Far

all i can say is that i would not be able to finish even the first difficulty level, if i had not spent some REAL MONEY on the damn Action House and bought my self some decent items to fight!

countless hours of gameplay and the loot was just Pathetic when i was in single player! Even now in single player in HELL the drop its SO damn bad, i cant believe it! then when i join an online game, i am lagging all the time due to your "perfect combat system yeah right!", and i see some rares and uniqes maybe drop by, nothing special but its something!

so what are they doing? they are fuckign up single player drops on perpouse to force people in buying stuff or DIE trying to find decent items!? or they are forcing us to play with others unknown in a crazy stupid rithm that i do not enjoy jsut so that i can get some loot?

this is the way you think this game is "working"???? really?

if that the case well done, they succeed!
    No More Auction House!
    My faith is restored to them :Thumbs Up:
    Now just give us and a offline mode like sc2 B)
    Quote from Fura

They forgot to mention one thing tho.

Community.

From
    Hatters vs "Still playing"
    it evolved to
    "JUST DIE ALREADY!" vs Hardcore Fanboys

Tho i noticed that average "news" type post on diablofans now gets ~16 comments and sometimes two pages instead of 6 comments

You can say things are becoming serious.

fan/supporter/forum follower/complainer/player/tester. It all sounds like they are playing the game, and keep on playing the game, or be connected to it in some way. That alone is paying too much attention to 1 subject.
    What do we call all who post on diablofans/forums/ play the game? Fan? hardcore fan? mediocre fan? they are all supporting the game and the community in a positive and negative way. Might as well help the community of other fellow gamers, than be a docuhe i'd say. =)

Quote from Johnnyxp64

all i can say is that i would not be able to finish even the first difficulty level, if i had not spent some REAL MONEY on the damn Action House and bought my self some decent items to fight!

Eh,. I play hardcore mate. And I'm farming mp3 right now. sure its not mp10 and i dont do infernal machine runs regularly. but i did finish the game, with what i earned through the game, and with the gold AH.
    you CAN resist and be mindful of your actions and choices when you play games. Systems like AH, or RMAH, are there to help people who are already playing to have something other than playing to do ( play the AH game) and for those who really want to accomplish a goal to spend a buck or 2 here and there and get upgrades to play and have fun.
    so many improvements, I can not tell that the game is a shit at moment, very fun, but the legendary drop still hurts, imagine dropping a shako without +2 all skills, useless ...

I would like uniques items, as legendary has so many random stats ... , make stats uniques and real good, but with random ranges
    D3 is a great game but they made a lot of huge mistakes when the game launched. First and foremost was Inferno difficulty. When an act boss ends up being easier than an elite pack, and the people that were rushing to be the 'first to beat Inferno' were literally corpse hopping their way through the content just to get past it, something was seriously wrong. Not only that but progression in the game had only one direction. If you played D3 enough, you were eventually going to make it to Inferno and eventually the anti-fun would begin. - This has since been fixed...

Another big issue D3 had at release was poor itemization. When blue items (literally, not even rare, just blue quality items) outclassed legendary gear, something is seriously wrong. Legendary items weren't simply outdone by lucky rolled rares, they were outclassed by literally every other item with stats on it. There were a few exceptions, but for the most part, legendary items were a complete joke. - IMO, this is somewhat relevant even today, but it's made a lot of progress since release.

Class balance was a pretty substantial issue. At the time, demon hunters were the god class and everything else paled in comparison. - Of course, class balance has probably seen more adjustment than any other aspect of the game and this is no longer the case, but class balance still seems to be a significant issue when someone comes up with a build that simply outdoes what other classes are capable of.

If the game we have today was the game they released last year, I think it would have been much more widely accepted as a great game. Unfortunately, by the time most of these changes came to, it was already too late and the damage had been done. All of my friends and family that bought the game have since quit and haven't even had an urge to pick it back up again. When they hit Inferno and literally couldn't progress past the very first section of Act II and even in a tanky spec was getting 1 shot by flying bugs, they were done and wanted nothing more to do with it. I don't blame them. Even after all these improvements to the game, I've tried to convince them to come back but they're busy with games they actually enjoy and don't frustrate them to no end.

Over time, I have lost most of my interest in the game and basically use it now to play the AH for real money. Hell, I figure if I can get an extra 20 bucks a week or so, that's just money in the bank. The Diablo auction house has paid for so many of my gaming habits now that it's funny, but I rarely actually play the game itself anymore. I still keep up with it though and I do play a gaming session probably once or twice a month for about an hour each, but that's the extent of it. Without people I know to play with, Diablo lost most of it's appeal for me.
    Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness,
    Bringing torment and pain to others.
    Your damned soul wallowing in your sin.
    Perhaps...

it is time to die.
    Quote from Johnnyxp64

why exactly are they trying so hard to prove us that this 1st year the Diablo 3 had some very significant "improvements" and work done on it???? why? so that we can telll them bravo for not having all this out of the box when the game was released one year ago?

because that's the way someone realistically should see this! that all this problems and missing feature took 1 damn year extra and was not in the game to make it interesting in the first place and thinking that they have been working on it for so many years without making up their mind, makes you more upset!

Diablo 3 is in a "OK" state today regarding its gameplay because of the fans and only their ideas!
    The team in the time spend failed! the producers the designers had no idea what they where doing, and sure lots of cool features where killed for the PS4 release on the way.

you can see that Diablo 3 was rushed during its final year or so from the way the storyline goes and the content in the acts!

from 10 ----> 3! thats the score and taste you have when you are progressing!

so there is nothing to "celebrate" when it comes to rushing a game (because of the moron fans pushing them and the activision stock market).

thats all.

While you definitely have some valid points about the fact the game could be further improved, I think that in general the expectations for D3 were just completely out of proportion to be realistically achievable. At the end of the day, you can only ask for so much investment out of a company, because if you haven't noticed, developing Triple-A games for big franchises can run a tab that is well beyond comprehension of normal people with average incomes. Another thing that shouldn't be forgotten is that even though Blizzard made well over $500mil from sales in such a short period of time, the overwhelming majority of people, as individuals, only payed $60, and definitely got their money's worth out of it compared to the entertainment market overall. If you were absolutely disgusted by D3 when you bought it, the jokes on you because you didn't ask for a refund when you should have.

Not to mention, Blizzard is one of the very few studios where its worth looking at individual patch notes even if you don't play one of their games actively at the moment, because they're one of the only companies left that commit so much work to something that is factually speaking already a financial success anyway. Not every patch is going to have awesome new additions etc, but the rule of the thumb is that if there's a company capable and willing to change or add to the game through free patches as opposed to DLC, its without a shadow of a doubt Blizzard.

At worst, D3 is a game well worth playing until you hit the item upgrade wall and thereafter snooping in every once in a while to assess new patch changes, which will still make you accumulate hundreds of hours if you're looking at playing Action-RPG genre games. Meanwhile, $60 is going to afford me a decent night downtown roaming bars, but thats a one-off'er - money is gone, and I can't "redrink" those beers weeks down the road.

Enough preaching though, if you have a different opinion thats OK too. I just find it unreasonable to expect miracles such as legendary games being released on point. Why should it be like that when nothing else in life works that way? Just keep letting Blizzard know what you want, and when you get fed up, feel free to wave goodbye. Its a free market, and your vote via money is worth something as well for future reference - maybe not on a big scale, but 10 million sales definitely sounds far more impressive than 9.9 million :)
    Of all things important in Online Gaming, there is one thing no game developer can "fix" - it's community.
    Quote from Ferret

While you definitely have some valid points about the fact the game could be further improved, I think that in general the expectations for D3 were just completely out of proportion to be realistically achievable. At the end of the day, you can only ask for so much investment out of a company,

they could start by delivering what they saw us on the first demo at blizzcon, and by keeping the features the promised and so greatly advertised for months! (lets peak few random)
    • death character animations by bosses!, they admited later was scripted for saw off, but until then it was a "feature")

want an other broken promise? aka LiEs for years?
    • pvp arena!

more?
    • random quests! not just 10 scripted repeating them self!
    also
    • true random maps not just tiled squares, that change position!
    want a true random generated and amazing end game replay-ability? play TorchLight 1 and 2.
    Runic Games company has most of the talents in arpg from diablo 1,2 and seems Diablo 3 had the "left overs", specially in "design and production roles"
    • and last but not least, LOOT! loot sucks in Diablo 3, as i said before i had to pay real money in AH to get a decent loot to survive and finish the damn game. thats pathetic! how many years of my life should i "harvest" for loot in order to finish the damn storyline and see the end? this is really pathetic, lets see how much money as spent in this game

1)Digital preorder 60euros (that more than 70$ because the basterd do not do a curency conversion so i have to pay more for the same game the USA get for less)
    2)100 euros Collectors Box Edition (because i am a developer i like(d) Blizzard and i wanted to support them more!
    3)20euros Bok of Cain (love the lore)
    4)about 30euros more in RealMoney action house to get some overkill epic loot because i wante to progress further in Hell, and the loo as we know sucks in Single player! (yes i want to play alone)

=210euros = $272

and still its not enjoyable!
    if thats not a failure then what is it? :boom:

but still i have "hope" :QQ:
    No More Auction House!
    My faith is restored to them :Thumbs Up:
    Now just give us and a offline mode like sc2 B)
    Quote from Johnnyxp64

Quote from Ferret

While you definitely have some valid points about the fact the game could be further improved, I think that in general the expectations for D3 were just completely out of proportion to be realistically achievable. At the end of the day, you can only ask for so much investment out of a company,

they could start by delivering what they saw us on the first demo at blizzcon, and by keeping the features the promised and so greatly advertised for months! (lets peak few random)

I'm not gonna quote the whole thing. But often people think 1 sided.
    Its been explained many times that some of the features will no be done/cannot be done atm because of either technical difficulties/amount of work, or even for the better future of the game.

You can write a whole essay of the things YOU want in D3. which proves exactly what Ferret said " in general the expectations for D3 were just completely out of proportion to be realistically achievable."

If you stop worrying about the things that makes you unhappy, and the things that actully make you happy, maybe gaming will become less grim for you.

If you want to daydream about a big box of apples, its completely fine to write and suggest and give feedback on whats the best rout to be taken to get that full box of apples. BUT you are provided a bunch of fresh apples in the meanwhile, eat them, enjoy them and when your appetite is high for apples again you will be given more and more apples. If you are eating the apples too fast however ( going through content too fast- whether u just wanna use 1 feature of the game and ignore others, or ur a hardcore character that plays 10hr+ everyday ) then thats an issue thats been going on in the gaming community for a while now, and its more apparent in wow.
    I've contrasting feelings about the game.

I like the game, I've been playing it with no breaks till I got my hands on it, about a week after release.
    I play almost 99,99% alone, I've tried to play with friends at times, but I just love to play solo.
    I have 10 characters, all of them levelled at the same time, 2 out of 10 killed Diablo in Inferno

The game has improved.
    A lot, I dare say.

But.....this game has some built-in flaws that you cannot fix, at least not without a complete change of some core mechanics.
    Some of the decisions they took while developing the game didn't feel like a good choice to me at the time (arrogant of me, I know)

Since before beta I thought they were starting from false premises (example: Blizzard seems to think that solo playing is some sort of weird behaviour they should help you to get rid of....why?) when planning this game, I still think so.

At least I've seen a some steps in what I think is the right direction.

But I'm just a Diablo addicted who still play the game almost each day, so what I know?
    Quote from pikke

(example: Blizzard seems to think that solo playing is some sort of weird behaviour they should help you to get rid of....why?) when planning this game, I still think so.

^ this is very weird to me as well. I do like to play my games solo. A LOT more enjoyable for me. Its a problem with games these days, is they try to make you forcibly social ( probably the wrong term to use here). Which is bad and good. Of course if im a new player, and there are 3 other people in my party. at some point im going to dare and ask "hey other barb/monk/wd/dh/wiz how do i play my class, or how to do this and that". and others help you out. Or it could be the other way around totally. I join a public game, i see a WD with a bad rune or a weird spec, and i point it out, and explain and they learn and appreciate the help ( most of the time).

Being alienated in a game is never fun. and although thats i do like being left alone, i can say a very high percentage of players are new, and need help.
    I think it will best Action RPG on the consol that none other will match!! :Thumbs Up: And I would laugh so much if they would release competetive pvp on consol first that would be a total lol :facepalmsmile:
    !! Die Maggot !!
    I'm just think they just done quickly game and put in shop... just for money.
    Quote from ZzEzZ
    Get over yourself.

This game has improved since the first day a lot. Your post is meaningless. If you're mad about the game, don't play it. Why are you still on a forum about a game you shouldn't play?

Don't reply to my post, I won't be checking the comments here again.

I'm pretty sure he isn't playing the game. However, like a lot of people, we watch Diablo3 news to see how the game progress and what we noticed is....not much! and we're disappointed. Your comment about "just don't play it" is a childish kind of answer, that's not how things work, people are still interested to see what's going on because they have a legit concern about the current state of the game and want it to be better, is that hard to understand? Oh and your comment about "don't bother replying because I won't check comment" is just another childish and useless comment from you, maybe you should reconsider your attitude.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes