WotB and Archon to Receive Changes, Act IV Density to be Buffed, What's Your Favorite Shrine?, Wizard Arcane Torrent Build

Am I the only one that noticed that this was posted at 4:20 am on 4-20? lol.
    While they're at it, look at most of the other boring "fake passive" skills. Wizard Armors, Magic Weapon, Monk Mantras, and Barb Shouts are freaking boring. They are fake passives, and the double 3 second mantra button isn't all that interesting either. Yes, the utility is great, but the mechanics are boring and silly as hell. Zerk and Archon are cool b/c they change up how you play considerably, at least they're supposed to. He's right that having them up permanently is a problem. But other permanent fake passive buffs are boring. They need to look into changing them up. Pushing a button every 2 minutes isn't skillful, it's boring.
    Quote from trocadero_fuerte

While they're at it, look at most of the other boring "fake passive" skills. Wizard Armors, Magic Weapon, Monk Mantras, and Barb Shouts are freaking boring. They are fake passives, and the double 3 second mantra button isn't all that interesting either. Yes, the utility is great, but the mechanics are boring and silly as hell. Zerk and Archon are cool b/c they change up how you play considerably, at least they're supposed to. He's right that having them up permanently is a problem. But other permanent fake passive buffs are boring. They need to look into changing them up. Pushing a button every 2 minutes isn't skillful, it's boring.

There's nothing wrong with having passive buffs as an option, some people prefer to specialize in one or two attacks. They just need to do more to make other skills more competitive.
    Quote from Benegesserit

It begs the question: Why does WotB require a passive slot to extend it's duration while Archon gets it for free?

Because Archon itself is the build. WotB is just a useful part to WW and HotA builds. Archon is the attack. Once Archon drops you cant do anything until its off of cooldown.
    Imo aRPGs are about you being able to eventually build a character that mow down thousands of monster single handedly. Theres nothing wrong with that in my eyes. Wouldn't personally nerf either archon or wotb as there are still players opting out of those builds and succeed.
    WotB actually ruined the game for me. I started playing on release as a monk and had a lot of fun. Then a few months later I saw the first video of the WW barb and switched to a barb. With the crappiest 4M gear I was able to faceroll Inferno MP1 and no other class could keep up with the killspeed. So ATM I'm trashfarming act 3 on mp7 it's boring as hell but because of 100% WotB-uptime no other class can compete with my barb regarding killspeed and gearprices.

Today I started playing my DH again sold all his equip and started playing selffound only. I'm progressing slow as hell but for the first time the game is fun again. So yeah although I'm playing a WW-Barb myself, a WotB nerf is the right thing.
    How about just make other skills more attraction?

I personally do not think WotB is needed, but what else can I use to replace it?
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes