Datamined PTR 1.0.8 Class Changes

Datamined PTR 1.0.8 Class Changes
    We've managed to datamine some new class changes coming to the PTR.

DiabloFans Quote:

Barbarian
    • DiabloWiki.com - Inspiring Presence Inspiring Presence The duration of your shouts is doubled. After using a shout you and all allies within 50 yards regenerate 24% of your maximum Life per second for 60 seconds. / Your shouts are: / *Battle Rage / *Threatening Shout / *War Cry
    • DiabloWiki.com - War Cry War Cry
      • DiabloWiki.com - Invigorate Invigorate : Increases maximum Life by 10% and regenerates 310620 Life per second while affected by War Cry.
    Demonhunter
    • DiabloWiki.com - Brooding Brooding You gain 12% of your maximum Life per second.
    • DiabloWiki.com - Sentry Sentry
      • DiabloWiki.com - Aid Station Aid Station : Heals nearby allies for 12% of their maximum Life per second.
    • DiabloWiki.com - Companion Companion
      • DiabloWiki.com - Boar Companion Boar Companion : Summon a boar instead of a raven. The boar increases your Life regeneration by 155310 per second. In addition the boar increases your resistances to all damage types by 15%.
    Monk
    • DiabloWiki.com - Guiding Light Guiding Light Whenever you use a direct heal skill on another player you and the other player deal 1620% more damage for 15 seconds.
    • DiabloWiki.com - Mantra of Healing Mantra of Healing Cost: 50 Spirit / Recite a Mantra that causes you and your allies within 40 yards to gain increased Life regeneration by 310620 Life per second. The Mantra lasts 3 minutes. / For 3 seconds after activation Mantra of Healing shrouds you and your allies with a mystical shield that absorbs up to 930 damage. / This is a Mantra. You can only have one Mantra active at a time.
      • DiabloWiki.com - Sustenance Sustenance : Increases the Life regeneration granted by Mantra of Healing to 6201240 Life per second.
    Witch Doctor
    • DiabloWiki.com - Blood Ritual Blood Ritual 15% of Mana costs are paid with Life. In addition, you regenerate 12% of your maximum Life per second.
    • DiabloWiki.com - Firebats Firebats Cost: 221 Mana initially, and an additional 66 Mana while channeling / Call forth a swarm of fiery bats to burn enemies in front of you for 180385% weapon damage as Fire.
      • DiabloWiki.com - Plague Bats Plague Bats : Diseased bats fly towards the enemy and infect them. Damage is slow at first, but can increase over time to a maximum of 270578% weapon damage as Poison.
      • DiabloWiki.com - Cloud of Bats Cloud of Bats : Call forth a swirl of bats that damage nearby enemies for 234501]% weapon damage as Fire. The damage of the bats increases by 20]% every second, up to a maximum of 100]%.
    Wizard
    • DiabloWiki.com - Galvanizing Ward Galvanizing Ward Increases the duration of your Armor spells by 120 seconds. As long as an Armor spell is active, you gain 310620 Life per second. / The following skills are improved: / *Energy Armor / *Ice Armor / *Storm Armor
    • DiabloWiki.com - Ray of Frost Ray of Frost Cost: 16 Arcane Power / Project a beam of frozen ice that blasts 215280% weapon damage as Cold to the first enemy it hits, slowing the target's movement by 60% for 4 seconds.
      • DiabloWiki.com - Snow Blast Snow Blast : Using continuously on a single target increases damage over 1.5 seconds to inflict a maximum of 280364% weapon damage as Cold.
      • DiabloWiki.com - Sleet Storm Sleet Storm : Create a swirling storm around you, dealing 280364]% weapon damage as Cold to all enemies caught within it.
      • DiabloWiki.com - Black Ice Black Ice : Enemies killed with Ray of Frost leave behind a patch of ice that deals 387504% weapon damage as Cold to enemies moving through it over 3 seconds.
    • DiabloWiki.com - Familiar Familiar
      • DiabloWiki.com - Vigoron Vigoron : While the Familiar is active, you regenerate 310620 Life per second.

Templar
    • DiabloWiki.com - Loyalty Loyalty Regenerates 155310 Life per second for you and the Templar.

Amazing... was Blizz actually listening when we were complaining about life regen? It's not a fix, but it's a start.
    Check out my blog at archmagelezard.blogspot.com :Thumbs Up:

Sad to see no change to the arcane power cost of ray of frost, but these changes will still make it a little more viable, blackice will be insane now and snowblast not too bad either
    This is awesome ;D
    i wasnt unhappy about WD, but now this makes me wanna try the bats agian xD wooot
    Wow, now i need to level my ice wizard to 60, so i can play with Sleet Storm or Black ice and Blizzard °°
    A better buff for Guiding Light would have been to increase the range of Breath of Heaven. The dps portion of the spell was good, but not really convenient to use (even if I use it a lot in multiplayer games with other melee characters).
    'We saw that life regen was weak so..we doubled it' - Jay Wilson. He may not be there anymore but his philosophies live on in the dev team :)
    Quote from Lezard_Valeth

Amazing... was Blizz actually listening when we were complaining about life regen? It's not a fix, but it's a start.

It's a start, but 600 life regen won't keep people from using Conviction.
    "regenerate 4% of your maximum Life per second for 60 seconds"
    "ou gain 2% of your maximum Life per second."
    Thats the balance? Barb heals double the amount and everybody?
    I pray for the day when I come to the frontpage and read Cluster arrow does 225% 450% weapon damage as fire....
    TLDR: General damage buffs to listed skills and double certain life regen skills.
    Quote from halfzware

You're mixing barb with demonhunter with that 2% max life per second.

Barb gives 4% life regen to entire party which is very balanced since it affects everyone

Barb also gets 620 life per second that's shared too.

But to get both buffs, barbs are giving up a lot of staple buffs, like the 20% resistance to entire party... and a damage passive.

Since it affects the entire party and not just the barb, I consider that balanced well enough.
    Quote from halfzware

Well i didnt expect anything else from Blizzard. They are really not good in balancing classes. The only game from Blizzard that is good balanced is Starcraft.

I mean just look at WoW how they either overbuffed or overnerfed certain Spells or Classes instead of listening to the community and buff certain spells step by step. (they improved it but at the beginning it was hilarious)

Barbs already have the strongest passives in the game. Before someone says im complaining about barbs. I've got 2 level 60 chars from every class in the game.

I know the classes shouldnt have the same passives but cmon. If you compare them its almost always in favor of barbs.

Just some examples:

3% ll from barb vs 62 hp per spirit spent from monk vs 1% life reg from WD

30% increased dmg from barb vs 20% from wd vs 15% more dmg from wizard

No other class can save so much gold like a barb to get good equip/stats.

38% more critchance, 50% cd, 25% more attack speed (free frenzy shrine) 20% more movementspeed, 45% more dmg, up to 12% life steal.Other classes can only have 6% life steal; has the best primary stat> strength=armor, best buff in the game with Berserk which grants immunity to 90% of all elite pack abilites and can be kept up all the time. It is like sweeping wind would monks give immunity as long they keep it up.

They really have to buff dmg over time for DH, make WD more interesting, look into the boring passives from monks and so on before they make Barbs even more appealing compared to other classes.

In case of monk passives. Just some thoughts:

Beacon of Ytar : Reduces all cooldowns by 20% and decreases Spirit costs of all spells by 15%.

Combine Chant of Resonance (increased duration of mantras is useless. you always use them) and Exalted Soul: increase maximum spirit by 100 and regeneration by 3 per second.

Transcendence: Every point of Spirit spent heals you for 0.2% life (up to 5% maximum life). in addition you have a chance to gain a buff that gives 2% increased attack speed. Stacks up to 5 times.

Resolve: Not only melee dmg is reduced by 20% but also effects like molten, poison and so on.

OWE: Increase you highest resistance by 70% and sets all other resistances to 50% of your highest resistance.

Im sure Blizzard can come up with better solutions as they have a whole developement team.

I know so many persons that switched to barbs because they are the fastest class to level up paragon, the cheapest class to farm mp10 trash, do the most AOE and Single DPS in the game and have the smoothest gameplay.
    Quote from bokkkie

I pray for the day when I come to the frontpage and read Cluster arrow does 225% 450% weapon damage as fire....

^This

I really ask myself what they are trying to achieve with these DH ''buffs'' or whatever you may call it...
    Rapid fire still useless as %@*#...
    Rofl 4% life regen for barbs? So they get a free 2000 life regen as a PASSIVE? Moreover, then they get other major scaling life regen as actives?

Really, typical Blizzard, showing how stupid they are (see monk, with no scaling life regen and their mantra which sucks still sucks more than barbs).

Pathetic, Blizzard team needs to be fired.
    Quote from Highborne_D2

Rofl 4% life regen for barbs? So they get a free 2000 life regen as a PASSIVE? Moreover, then they get other major scaling life regen as actives?

Really, typical Blizzard, showing how stupid they are (see monk, with no scaling life regen and their mantra which sucks still sucks more than barbs).

Pathetic, Blizzard team needs to be fired.

... but now that you have 5 hyperbole combo-points, how are you going to spend them?
    I'm pretty sure this thread has 10-ish people who don't even know what War Cry is.
    67.1k elite kills :: 1.98m total kills :: p255
    Planet Express <PlanEx>
    (V) (°,,°) (V)
    Quote from shaggy

I'm pretty sure this thread has 10-ish people who don't even know what War Cry is.
    "You're mixing barb with demonhunter with that 2% max life per second.

Barb gives 4% life regen to entire party which is very balanced since it affects everyone"
    No im comparing one passive to the other.
    If i can choose to take a barb or dh, the barb gives everybody 4%and the dh doenst (he can give2% with the turret, half of the barb) what would i pick?
    Thats imbalanced as shit...i just farmed mp10 with crap i found +a 25m skorn....congratz blizzard well done:D (as Barb of course, all the other classes need at least 500m to 1b, not to speak about dh).
    Quote from halfzware

"You're mixing barb with demonhunter with that 2% max life per second.

Barb gives 4% life regen to entire party which is very balanced since it affects everyone"
    No im comparing one passive to the other.
    If i can choose to take a barb or dh, the barb gives everybody 4%and the dh doenst (he can give2% with the turret, half of the barb) what would i pick?
    Thats imbalanced as shit...i just farmed mp10 with crap i found +a 25m skorn....congratz blizzard well done:D (as Barb of course, all the other classes need at least 500m to 1b, not to speak about dh).

Yeah i was also laughing at his comment. It is really balanced to have double the % of life reg as a barb compared to dh that has to spend one passive AND one slot for sentry. But even then the group only gets 2% life reg and the dh 4% IF the group actually stands in the area of sentry, whereas with the Barbs's passive he AND the group gets 4% life reg and dont have to worry to stand in some stupid zone.

> Balanced ;D

Before someone else says but hey Barbs also need to use a slot for a shout. Well this makes it even worse. Because in the cookie cutter builds "Hota-build" and "WW-build" you always use Battle rage or in some cases war cry if you are struggling with ehp and survivability. So the cookie cutter builds that already 95% of all barbs use even gets stronger instead of making other builds more interesting. Compared to a dh that uses Sentry the barb doesnt lose any spells that would be better for dmg.

Even the next patch that increases monster densitiy is a silent buff for barbs. Why? Because you can even faster farm trash, the tornados from sprint benefits from the near monsters > more dmg and with the latest ptr changes the monsters stay in big packs so you only need to run from one big pack to another and use Rend once and everything dies.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes