PTR 1.0.8 Patch Notes

PTR? For this mini-patch? really!?
    Im so very glad that I'm not the only one who is noticing that the support this game gets from Blizzard is lackluster at best.

What? That ability has a high pitched shallow ping coming off CD while the legendary drop sound is fuller and deeper (and frankly, quite different all around). Is this a bug for some people where the sound was the same?

I would keep hearing a legendary drop and I would look around frantically for it. Eventually through trial and error after countless false hopes of the sound actually being a legendary ping, I realized it was the barb's overpower.

That's weird. I haven't played in a few months but I was playing when the drop sound for legendaries was added and my barb always had that skill on his bar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZm59504_Qo
    around 0:05

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JZma0u7pWA
    around 0:16

Unless it was changed recently you have fail ears if those sound the same to you
    So last night around 2:30 am, I woke myself up to play the PTR for just one hour.

I recieved 1 set item, Mighty Belt.

Act 1 - Wow what a change, something new and inspiring seeing all these monsters automatically made me just happy and made me go into a bloodfrenzy to kill every-single monster that got in my way. Halls of Agony was the best.

Act 2 - I see maybe not as much change, still it was none or less a great zone to go into as well. The waterdepths and desolate sands I can tell got a big improvement, 180-300 kill streak in both areas. Needs more testing probably and more mobs other places like Road of Arcanus and Before fighting Belia

Act 3 - Lol the scorpion packs don't really bother me, everything is fine here. Scorpion packs shouldn't be the main xp if anything bosses should be giving xp. Not tiny little pintchers. Act 3 is good.

Act 4 - Now this is where they will have to do some changes, as of right now there are PLENTY of elites unless I just got lucky in my one run, 5 elites on Spire level 1 alone. What I don't see is a whole bunch of white mobs though, act 4 will definitely need more density in order to keep up with any act.

Pony Level - I heard no changes where made, need to test this for myself.

Mutliplayer Changes - Joined a game with 0 people so not quite sure about whats going on with that, have to wait and see tomorrow.

ID all - Loving this feature, pick up everything and sell it. Might as well add an sell all rares button haha =).

AH Comparison - This feature as far as I know does not work yet, this will need to be fixed.

Conclusion - IM LOVING THIS PATCH. <3333

Just some fixes to be made, and put this on live servers RIGHT AWAY!
    I'm liking the new Patch SO FAR! YAy teleport!!!

I'm liking the new Patch SO FAR! YAy teleport!!!

Also, people you gotta try out Zulten Kule area. The right side is Depth keep level 2, then you DOUBLE it lol. Literally. Zulten Jule area, already had a lot of mob, now there is A LOT more.
    Act 1 halls of Agony is BEAST! My Cm loves it.
    So, faster leveling, more crappy loot while in party, faster crafting that is 95% completely useless.
    No class changes, no content updates, no itemization update, nothing.

So tell me exactly, what's great in this patch ?
    DH needs buff, lots of legend with 1 random affix need buff
    Enjoying my Monk DH Barb and Wizzard
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/I82-6462/
    Players may now Teleport to any location within range, as long as a path is available
    YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

Who could've thought that a door frame cannot stop teleporting ~through ether~!

For me, this change is on par with ID all.

So, faster leveling, more crappy loot while in party, faster crafting that is 95% completely useless.
    No class changes, no content updates, no itemization update, nothing.

So tell me exactly, what's great in this patch ?

The amount of Blizzbots who praise it =P

Still nothing in these patches to make me install D3 again.
    So in short:

Nef to Act 3 farming while buffing Act 1,2 & 4 density. (Won't change much besides where people farm, doubt it will be a balanced choice either)

Now forced to play in a group for efficiency. (Due to the massive boost added and how gear is rolled based on MF it's just to good to pass up as it's individual loot. PoE at least have competative looting and only more quantity dropped in a party. Not to mention how awesome this change is for sweatshops and bots, gain more of everything for doing...nothing.)

Player created chat channels, sort of. (Still not real player created channels but some half assed temporary solution)

Friends list being less annoying. (Still no mens to remove reacent players manually, like, REALLY?)

Some minor balance changes one should expect every couple of weeks, not every few months apart.
    Again, I will be very brief:

Identify all- an option we needed a long time ago. Still its there we should be happy about it. But Blizzard should not be proud of themselves, it' not like they fixed the whole game.

Craft all- the same. Again, they should dramatically increase the time of crafting the items. It takes forever to craft 50 gems. Make it faster, so this "change" can be efficient.

Multiplayer- good options, didn't have the chance to test it, but still I do not think that I will be ever farming with another player

Monster density-
    Act 1- the only act that feels that it has an increase. Still I've decided to point out the areas, that they should receive an increase also; Cathedral/ all levels and Highlands. Strangely I thought that the highlands would be a beast, and the only beast from act 1( and i really mean a beast) is the Hall of Agony.

Act 2- where is the increase guys? Come on Blizzard, you can do it better then that. Act 2 still feel's very empty.

Act 4- is simply a mess. I do not see the so called - increase in here.

As you are already informed the change of the auction house is still not working.

P.S This is of course my opinion. I truly see a movement in this game, but that is not enough. Diablo is losing players every day and you have to do something about it( I reffer to Blizzard) Although there are good changes here, if you continue to delay the change of the itemization this game will continue to struggle.
    Some much needed QoL finally being added to D3. Really looking forward to not guessing when to renew my Punish buff. Guess I just have to remember not to carry two shrine buffs though, lol.

Anyone know if the id-all option is 1s, or does it total the amount of time it would take (so for ex. 10 legs takes 40s)?
    Patch notes like this make's it obvious WHY this so promising gamed failed SO bad in execution!

Players can now identify all items in their inventory by speaking to Deckard Cain or by using the Book of Cain that can be found near the shared stash in all Acts

yeap we had to wait 1 frucking year, for something so damn simple and so damn obvious!

tragic!
    No More Auction House!
    My faith is restored to them :Thumbs Up:
    Now just give us and a offline mode like sc2 B)

Well until the patch goes live, nothing is final. We could see many more changes added to the PTR over time, as we saw with the 1.0.7 PTR.

otherwise , this patch will be a total joke

I disagree 100%. This patch addresses a LOT of quality of life issues you face at the end-game (if there is such a thing). Crafting and farming diversity.

Dont listen to the idiot troll. This pacth is great and he knows it.

Well until the patch goes live, nothing is final. We could see many more changes added to the PTR over time, as we saw with the 1.0.7 PTR.

I disagree 100%. This patch addresses a LOT of quality of life issues you face at the end-game (if there is such a thing). Crafting and farming diversity.

Since we are idiots, could you please tell us what's so great about it ?
    Hmm, am I the only one who thought the itemization would come with this patch?

Well you state no class changes...Wizzard got changes.

There was never going to be itemization in 1.08.

The content changes were basically mob density changes. We are offered more then act 3 now.

Mutliplayer got a huge buff, crafting faster isn't useless, fast leveling, and ID all.

AH Comparison no more buying loot that might not be an upgrade because you couldn't tell.

Should I let the list just go on? Its a great patch man in my opinion..no need to be negative changes are better then none.
    I think the patch is slightly above average. Not every patch has to be 100% game changing and QoL improvements are always a welcomed addition.

While I agree that some of these QoL additions should have been present since day 1, I'm not going to knock them just because they came much later. I'd rather get them late than not get them at all.

That being said though, there's little in this particular patch that will breathe any new life into the game. You'll be able to choose different locations to grind out Plvls, but people sitting on the sidelines that have left the game looking for a reason to come back to it; they won't find it with this patch.

Ultimately, I don't think it's as great as some are making it out to be. I also don't think it's as bad or 'lackluster' as others are making it seem. It's, in my eyes, right in the middle. A few welcome additions with nothing paradigm altering.
    Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness,
    Bringing torment and pain to others.
    Your damned soul wallowing in your sin.
    Perhaps...

it is time to die.

Well you state no class changes...Wizzard got changes.

There was never going to be itemization in 1.08.

The content changes were basically mob density changes. We are offered more then act 3 now.

Mutliplayer got a huge buff, crafting faster isn't useless, fast leveling, and ID all.

AH Comparison no more buying loot that might not be an upgrade because you couldn't tell.

Should I let the list just go on? Its a great patch man in my opinion..no need to be negative changes are better then none.

So you have more MF in group so you can get even more ubber crap that you can much easily identify to vendor it ?
    You are leveling faster so you can hit paragon 100 and still get ubber ultra crap ?
    So now instead of 1 linear route without any randomness, you can farm in 4 ?

Does this seriously looks like something that in any way helps or fixes any aspect of the game at the moment ?

Game was out for a year now and they dare to give us such poor patches that could have been implemented months ago. Identify all ? Are you kidding me ?
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes