Developer Journal: Multiplayer Improvements

Missing one option from the Drop down Public Games Window for Act I
    • Machine Boss Runs
    Other than that, I loved the updates, and am pleasantly suprised at the positive feedback here in this thread. While I was reading I was sure that I was going to come down to the comments and hear comments like "here we go, dumbing the game up some more"

When first reading about the co-op bonuses I was getting a little nervous, when they were talking about the XP gains thinking no reason for level 100 paragons to run, then they threw in the extra MF/GF so instead of it just being convenient for them, its a huge bonus.

1 other thing that could be good which I thought they were leaning towards when they mentioned the lost of followers, would be either allowing us to keep out followers in co-op gaming or atleast the buffs that they give us.

All in all, i'm happy
    Updated with some Wyatt Cheng answers from Reddit!

Ha. Bagstone.

Every patch kicks more ass. Love this game =D
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!
    I love what they're doing to the party changes. Although it makes me feel like I have to play with other people to get more out of my leveling. Which i don't want to do. I like playing Diablo by myself D:
    Bashiok - Blizzard Representative - 08/01/2011 -"So how many skill combinations are there now? Well taking into account 6 active skills, all the rune combinations, and 3 passives we currently expect each class to have roughly 2,285,814,795,264 different build combinations."

"Hey, I thought you'd like the witty irony of grub-on-glowie violence!"
    Quote from Cyanicade

I really wonder if that first picture means anything.

I love the idea of some kind of ''gladiator arena'' with waves of monsters and demons.
    Wich this picture reminds me off a bit.

Also, I dont like the HP changes made to the Co-op games. They were fine, they just make it way to easy this way.. >.>

If it's too easy you can just match at a higher MP for co-op, which is yet another incentive beyond their bonuses. For your typical uncoordinated pub game though, it's important that the HP boosts not make people feel like they're being hindered. The beauty of the MP system is that it's a one-stop solution for all difficulty problems that were so hard for them to design around before. If you're playing at MP10 and it's still too easy... Congrats, you beat Diablo 3. Take a break, get some fresh air.

If there's one issue I foresee it's that you can't necessarily trust people to match at an appropriate MP level for themselves. Just about anybody can jump in and play MP10 at a snail's pace, and somebody who doesn't know any better than to do that is going to be wasting the time of his teammates. Maybe it's not a big deal though, surely those people will get bored with their tediously slow progress eventually.
    All I can say is it's about effing time we got private channels. Want to know who decided Bnet 2.0 was a "thing" without them.
    Quote from maka

The tags going onto PTR are Questing, Full Act Clear, Keywarden, and PvP.

Hmm.....Questing and Full Act Clear are pretty similar, and none of them are really what I would consider "farming".

Questing makes sense for people who are actually playing through the campaign and don't want to be matched against someone running some farming route. Full Act Clear is different because it means they're going back to the first zone, regardless of which quest they matchmake on(though there's no rule saying you can't skip some zones). It's only the same thing on the first quest. It will make more sense to farm that way with 1.0.8's density changes I think.
    Until the patch goes live, we don't know what the density changes will be like. I've always found act 4 to be the most frantic and fun-filled. It is just so short and the number of elites way too low. I still think the real reason people play act 3 is due to it's extremely linear nature. You don't have to think, all mobs are condensed into narrow paths that have very few branches.
    Quote from Ryude

Until the patch goes live, we don't know what the density changes will be like. I've always found act 4 to be the most frantic and fun-filled. It is just so short and the number of elites way too low. I still think the real reason people play act 3 is due to it's extremely linear nature. You don't have to think, all mobs are condensed into narrow paths that have very few branches.

People farm the battlefield areas in Act 3 all the time though. Non-linear is fine as long as mobs are densely packed, which they aren't in 90% of the open zones, and even many of the dungeons outside Act 3. Running across an empty screen is something you never ever want to see when you're farming in Diablo.
    This the first patch that I don't like to much. I don't like socializing in D3 and now I'll be at even greater disadvantage playing solo. Meh.
    -Ash
    am i the only one who gets the impression tags where invented by someone who isn't actuallly playing the game.

keywarden, full act clear, questing? who does that now ?

how about 'paragon leveling', which emplies most condensed areas
    Quote from vioche

meh why premade tags? would be nicer to browse a list with gamenames(that you typed)... anyway looks good, doubt im comming back just yet tho, we'll see what else next patch has in store

Because people would instantly use the tag-system to spout/spam profanity CoD-style. Never underestimate the average internet mouth-breathers capacity to be a total shit-stain.
    All these changes are great, but they are still too slow
    i think the game still needs some kind of "guild" system, and you should be able to bring a follower in multiplayer as well, 3% buff isn't a high price to pay
    No one quests, so I don't understand that tag. However full act clears may make sense given how they will be buffing monster density in the other acts.

They should also add an Uber tag.
    Lets improve multiplayer again, take 10: More XP / More MF / Easier Mobs.

None of my friends will come back to play, the game is still inherently broken.

The archon change is awesome though ;)
    The little boat gently drifted across the pond exactly the way a bowling ball wouldn’t...
    Quote from Ashes

This the first patch that I don't like to much. I don't like socializing in D3 and now I'll be at even greater disadvantage playing solo. Meh.

Actually, you will be not affected in the least. The game will be exactly the same for you after the patch as it was before.

If you choose to see a buff to players who group together as a nerf to yourself, I guess that's one way to look at it.
    Quote from maka

The tags going onto PTR are Questing, Full Act Clear, Keywarden, and PvP.

Hmm.....Questing and Full Act Clear are pretty similar, and none of them are really what I would consider "farming".

I would heartily suggest that you provide that feedback through the PTR channels as well. I'm sure that Blizzard is eager to hear what "tags" we want, which ones we'd use, etc.

After all, these things are, indeed, one of the reasons these patches take a stop at the PTR first.
    p450 :: 92.2k EK :: 2.54m TK
    Planet Express <PlanEx>
    (V) (°,,°) (V)
    we want proper pvp!
    So far so good. Still miss game-names. I would assume B.net 2.0 would have a better history system, so they could go over game-name logs and catch spammers and nose pickers who use foul/bigoted language. Hell, even have a right-click/report bad game name feature. There are already so many ways for idiots to spout off obnoxious drivel, what's another one going to do?
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes