Diablo 3 Announced for PlayStation

A! now we all know why they delayed the PvP , F!@#$ the gameplay completely and ruined one of the best francises in the game industry.

FOR THE CRASH BANDICOOT fans . /clap

Retarded controller-based PS# gamers will joined the sancuary destroying completely any skill base feauture we wanted/expected to see...

Next game plz...

P.S. to link it with my Infraction : No news are good news for Diablo eventually !!!!
    "Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons: freely ye have received, freely give".
    What is the chance console players won't have access to the elective mode for their skills? I am pretty sure they won't, which will make even more painfull experience. ahaha

Let's laugh about it for a while, but let's not forget blizzard have decided to swap its player base and catter to the lowest common denominator, in the name of money.
    "A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever." Shigeru Miyamoto-nintendo boss

"I think it's hilarious because gamers won't be getting watered down anything.
    This is flat out Diablo 3." -Anonymous discussing the console version
    Quote from Xenocow

Ehhh no :)
    I am currently playing Path of Exile and Strike Suit Zero...

lollll trolling on forums.
    Quote from brx

What is the chance console players won't have access to the elective mode for their skills? I am pretty sure they won't, which will make even more painfull experience. ahaha

Let's laugh about it for a while, but let's not forget blizzard have decided to swap its player base and catter to the lowest common denominator, in the name of money.

THere is no SWAPPING. If you think about it more than 10 seconds, you can see that they expanded their playrbase to give people more options. If you dont like it, dont play it.
    Its not about gameplay, its not about story, its about accessibility.
    Quote from t0luene

Quote from brx

THere is no SWAPPING. If you think about it more than 10 seconds, you can see that they expanded their playrbase to give people more options. If you dont like it, dont play it.
    Its not about gameplay, its not about story, its about accessibility.
    to be more precise they actually swapped a long time ago. Of course D2 fans have to grow old and maybe stopped playing games at some point or something, but they actually made D3 a success sells wise imo. Then they of course left for something more intertaining, leaving a population playing the game very comparable to the one enjoying and buying CoD etc.

Blizzard just looked at numbers which show last so called AAA games sold way more on console than on PC (Borderlands 1 & 2 are a good exemple). You can't dev a game for both systems at the same time and be successful with it.
    This is not expanding, this is plain swapping, focusing on console while porting to pc, whatever the outcome may be.
    Every future games from blizz on pc will be console ports.
    "A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever." Shigeru Miyamoto-nintendo boss

"I think it's hilarious because gamers won't be getting watered down anything.
    This is flat out Diablo 3." -Anonymous discussing the console version
    PC version didn't have offline to avoid potential security issues which don't exist in a console version. PC will not get offline mode - don't get your hopes up.

Blizzard is a company that is now entirely driven by money. You can have an opinion either way on this; clearly it is their job and their duty to their shareholders to produce as much profit as possible. However, it isn't the roots of Blizzard, it isn't where the company came from. The rationales and decision processes behind previous releases are not the same as those of Blizzard today.
    Well, there's certain mechanics in D3 that I just don't see how they'll pull off on a console and make it feel natural.

A barbarian with the Leap ability. With a mouse and keyboard, I can put my cursor where I want to leap, click the button and the game does the rest. With a controller? What, do I face my character in the general direction I want to leap? How do I gauge it's distance? By how long I hold the button down? It seems to me that whatever method they use for these kind of ability functions, it'll ultimately feel like crap. Perhaps I just lack vision and creativity to understand how to make this work and feel comfortable on a console.

That's one (and for me, my primary) reason that I just don't think D3 will do well on a console.
    Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness,
    Bringing torment and pain to others.
    Your damned soul wallowing in your sin.
    Perhaps...

it is time to die.
    "This version is also being tailored with customized controls, a new user interface, and a dynamic camera perspective to provide an awesome Diablo III experience for PlayStation gamers"

How nice of Blizzard to give them features they won't give PC players. I'm sure they get the equivalent of keyboard move mouse aim as well.
    Quote from CasmX

Well, there's certain mechanics in D3 that I just don't see how they'll pull off on a console and make it feel natural.

A barbarian with the Leap ability. With a mouse and keyboard, I can put my cursor where I want to leap, click the button and the game does the rest. With a controller? What, do I face my character in the general direction I want to leap? How do I gauge it's distance? By how long I hold the button down? It seems to me that whatever method they use for these kind of ability functions, it'll ultimately feel like crap. Perhaps I just lack vision and creativity to understand how to make this work and feel comfortable on a console.

That's one (and for me, my primary) reason that I just don't think D3 will do well on a console.

If you ever played an ARPG like X-Men Legends 2 or Marvel Alliance, it works pretty good. You lose some of the aiming ability, especially leaping/casting behind enemies, but you gain better combo ability, the chance to weave multiple skills into a destructive whole greater than the sum of the parts. The Monk will get a lot better w/ a controller (and of course, a lot of tweaks on the crappy Spirit system). Also, click-to-move is terrible, always was. The mouse is for aiming. Even in D3, I use a button to move, and aim w/ my mouse. If I could use my thumbstick, I'd be a whole lot happier.
    Quote from Pathologic

PC version didn't have offline to avoid potential security issues which don't exist in a console version. PC will not get offline mode - don't get your hopes up.

PS4 is based on x86 architecture - its an ordinary PC
    so the same "security issues" that prevent an offline mode for pc users should be the same for the PS4
    i'm not sure how i feel about this. but i will say this: the console PS version of D1 was inferior to the PC, yet i played it more on the PS than i did PC simply for the fact that i was less likely to use a hack or cheat, and it was more satisfying as an experience.
    Quote from Pathologic

PS3 is hacked, it is possible to cheat in games already (chipped consoles will get banned from PSN eventually, but Sony is slow enough to let cheaters have their fun). And as other stated, PS4 will be based on x86, which opens up the possibility of running PS4 stuff on PC, especially on new AMD hardware (with HSA and GCN).

Potential security issues very much exist on consoles.
    well now we know where the PvP time was wasted!!!!!

p.s why those waypoints are cooler than ours anyway?

No More Auction House!
    My faith is restored to them :Thumbs Up:
    Now just give us and a offline mode like sc2 B)
    Quote from Johnnyxp64

well now we know where the PvP time was wasted!!!!!

p.s why those waypoints are cooler than ours anyway?

That could not be anymore true. They should have made it a console game instead and then I would have understood from the start.
    Quote from Pathologic

To begin with, Blizzard has said nothing about cutting online requirement, if you have anything on that, share source.
    If they however do indeed provide an offline solution, I for one will be very happy as that will open up for exploring how the game works. In the end that could lead to hosting your own servers and modding the game! :)

As for the true reasons as to why we have online only, my guess is security through obscurity but foremost for the control they regain over their service. Just look at SC2 how they moved hosting of maps towards bnet away from the players, something that lets them control user content way more. I miss the strip poker maps :(
    Wow, it's sad to see so much selfish hatred from the D3 community. Nothing is taken from our PC D3 product, we will still have the same product, it is just now being made available to a larger fan base.

What about the people that either don't have a PC, or people that for whatever reason don't have the resources to purchase a PC with the capability to smoothly run D3, but of course either own, or can easily purchase a cheaper console system.

For however imperfect you believe D3 is on the PC, it doesn't hurt for others to be able to have the experience of this game. Perfect or not, its a good game, and it must be good enough for all the people that have put in the hours to either have multiple accomplished level 60 toons. 40 or more paragon levels.

And for the one that thinks the console version won't have elective mode, you need to read the OP again

Originally Posted by (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Diablo III for the PS3™/PS4™ will be based on the core PC game and feature all the latest updates

You know how blizz tries so hard to make sure that the community can't throw a statement that they've previously made back in their faces, so I'm sure this wasn't a slip up, or typo.
    Quote from HPX

Quote from Pathologic

To begin with, Blizzard has said nothing about cutting online requirement, if you have anything on that, share source.
    If they however do indeed provide an offline solution, I for one will be very happy as that will open up for exploring how the game works. In the end that could lead to hosting your own servers and modding the game! :)

As for the true reasons as to why we have online only, my guess is security through obscurity but foremost for the control they regain over their service. Just look at SC2 how they moved hosting of maps towards bnet away from the players, something that lets them control user content way more. I miss the strip poker maps :(

There is actually an interview that got posted by BlizzardInsider where they mention "or offline" in a short second, but nothing really concrete. As it stands now the console version will very likely have an offline mode. We just can't be 100% certain until they get asked about it and answer it properly.
    People fail to realize that DURING THE GAMES DEVELOPMENT they had stated multiple times that they were designing the game to eventually be ported over to a console. They even had it running on PS3 controllers to see how it would play, and they said it played extremely well.

This was no secret, if you actually paid attention to the games development cycle you would have seen this comming. They did not hide it.
    Quote from Tybudd

Wow, it's sad to see so much selfish hatred from the D3 community. Nothing is taken from our PC D3 product, we will still have the same product, it is just now being made available to a larger fan base.

What about the people that either don't have a PC, or people that for whatever reason don't have the resources to purchase a PC with the capability to smoothly run D3, but of course either own, or can easily purchase a cheaper console system.

For however imperfect you believe D3 is on the PC, it doesn't hurt for others to be able to have the experience of this game. Perfect or not, its a good game, and it must be good enough for all the people that have put in the hours to either have multiple accomplished level 60 toons. 40 or more paragon levels.

And for the one that thinks the console version won't have elective mode, you need to read the OP again

Originally Posted by (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Diablo III for the PS3™/PS4™ will be based on the core PC game and feature all the latest updates

You know how blizz tries so hard to make sure that the community can't throw a statement that they've previously made back in their faces, so I'm sure this wasn't a slip up, or typo.

are you kidding me? do you think we are "selfish" and haters because we "think" the d3 pc version will loose something and taken to ps3/4 users?
    come one now! dont make me laugh!
    people hate the news not because of what they are about to do, just because Diablo 3 as a product specially on launch was such a HUGE DISSAPOINTMENT, and the only think they are doing is cutting down what they have initially promised, or delaying it for ever!

in my previous picture you can cleary see why Diablo3 sucked! because it was LAMED to the level of Console users! and yes console only Users are lower in level.-

now the second think you are terrible wrong is that, "people cant afford to buy a pc to run smoothly d3 will buy psp4?"
    once again are you serious? dod you know how much ps3 and psp4 will cost? +the game price.... way more than 500$+ with 400$ i can buuild you a VERY good multicore PC system, with a very good VGA card, that can handle Diablo3 in "normal" resolutions. or you think d3 in consoles will look better? nop. it will not.

if Diablo3 was a success on the PC and had its community 100% happy an dnot just 40%, then we would care even if they wanted to release the game in iphone version, or what ever...but for 1 year now they are "working on the pvp system" for example....
    or so many cool but "complicated for cosole users" features where taken out,...... and now we learn about this!

they can go to hell.
    No More Auction House!
    My faith is restored to them :Thumbs Up:
    Now just give us and a offline mode like sc2 B)
    Quote from CasmX

I've been playing using customized MotionJoy plugin and PS3 controller, it actually felt quite nice. Only downside is I have to hold down a button and the directional stick for movement control.
    Evil is in its prime...
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes