Diablo 3 Announced for PlayStation

If Diablo III didn't have a bad rep (and justifiably so), I may have been happy to hear this. But... yeah. :fret:
    Quote from CasmX
    The original Diablo on the PS1 was a total flop. It felt unnatural and forced. In short, it sucked.

That's because it was designed for a PC. Just look at D3, it was already designed for the console version.

We're locked to 6 skills with no hotswapping. -> X, O, Triangle, Square, 2 Triggers.
    Very few AoE targetted abilities compared to D2, most are point in a direction and shoot -> Much more focus on controller capable design.

No lobbies, levels designed as "chunks" for simple game creation, promoting matchmaking over proper game browser.

There's an xpadder profile made to let you use an xbox controller on D3, try it out and see how suspiciously well it works with a few exceptions.

This was planned from the get go and our game is shit because it was designed around this.
    Quote from Xathian
    That's because it was designed for a PC. Just look at D3, it was already designed for the console version.

We're locked to 6 skills with no hotswapping. -> X, O, Triangle, Square, 2 Triggers.
    Very few AoE targetted abilities compared to D2, most are point in a direction and shoot -> Much more focus on controller capable design.

No lobbies, levels designed as "chunks" for simple game creation, promoting matchmaking over proper game browser.

There's an xpadder profile made to let you use an xbox controller on D3, try it out and see how suspiciously well it works with a few exceptions.

This was planned from the get go and our game is shit because it was designed around this.

Very valid points, and it explains a lot...
    Chris looks really tired.
    Quote from zeroRooter

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

My thoughts exactly!
    Seems like the only haters here are the ones that are soley about PC gaming.
    I absolutely love the idea, and it caters to me perfectly, I actually stopped playing D3 on PC because my kids are into gaming now and like to play Couch Co-op Games with me. We've been playing Sacred 2, which was limited to 2 player co-op, now I can play simultaneously with all 3 of my kids:)
    Quote from Benegesserit

This is perfect for consoles because the title is about XBLA/PSN quality anyway.

Quote from Oranite

Four-player local co-op modes

Only thing that actually sounds pretty good.

Unless you're talking about 2 machines linked over two televisions, or you have a 100" screen, no.

Hopefully shared screen, if its split, I won't be buying it

Quote from Benegesserit

Also this is the other blizzard project that Jay Wilson is working on.

Ah damn :(
    Quote from maka

I'm surprised. I really am. From looking at the game, I never would've guessed it would come out for consoles.

:facepalm:

diablo 3 has PERFECT gameplay to be ported to a console. its just casual enough to hop in every now and then and lets face it, blizzard knows most console gamers want just that.
    its the perfect way for blizzard to make some really good money out of a mediocre game. console players will love it and be more than happy to throw some little cash into the rmah, there is nothing similiar on consoles yet.
    Now an entirely different gaming market can share in our disappointment.
    Curious to see if they put in the two AH's, if they do I will definitely be interested. Plus with it going to consoles, it will be like a ladder in a way, everyone starts with a clean slate, and maybe I could go back to making some decent money again. That could be nice.
    Quote from brx

Quote from hackab

Nice, on console you can play offline, for hc it's better. And if you don't like a patch, you don't apply it \o/
    I think you are going to have a bad surprise soon enough.

Blizzard will be going on the path of bioware at a much greater pace now. I can smell it already. The smell of the most rabbid gaming community ever created.
    Agreed, now we need to wonder if Blizzard is officially in the console gig now or just dipping their big toe in to test the temperature. Also for any upcoming games, whether it be "Titan" or WC4 I wonder if they will be porting them onto console (let's hope not! we all know how horrendous RTS games are on console!). Titan however is supposedly an FPS-MMO so maybe that'll be PC exclusive.

I can't say I don't like them going into consoles, maybe they were pressured by Activision? Maybe not. It's definitely broadening their horizons though. Who knows maybe they'll make another Blackthorne haha.
    Bashiok - Blizzard Representative - 08/01/2011 -"So how many skill combinations are there now? Well taking into account 6 active skills, all the rune combinations, and 3 passives we currently expect each class to have roughly 2,285,814,795,264 different build combinations."

"Hey, I thought you'd like the witty irony of grub-on-glowie violence!"
    Quote from Ryude

Those PS3 screenshots look so bad, like horribly low res textures and no AA. What a flop.

A PS3/XBOX game never had a AA or even a vSync....trolls like this make every Commu just useless!

Stop whining start thinking!
    The most important question for me is if you are able to use your existing account/characters. Unlikely and then Im not that interested. But if its possible I will buy a PS4 as soon as its hits the market...
    Quote from Ryude

Those PS3 screenshots look so bad, like horribly low res textures and no AA. What a flop.

The PC version still has washed-out semi-blurry textures and an ok lighting system.
    I can't help but wonder how large a role consolability played in early developement - even if only as a possibility and not a probability. They really, really wanted Deathmatch PVP to work wich would really fit the bill for console play. "Customization, replayablity and itemization" are exactly the things PCs can deliver on to a much greater extent than consoles and D3 definately has a superficial feel to it.

Here's hoping the console version is and stays it's own entity and the near future will bring some meaningful depth to the PC game.
    I really feel like Blizzard should be putting their money, time and effort into improving Diablo 3's current state, not copying it over onto a console. This energy could be used for much better purposes :(
    Quote from sOuLiiii

Quote from maka

I'm surprised. I really am. From looking at the game, I never would've guessed it would come out for consoles.

:facepalm:

diablo 3 has PERFECT gameplay to be ported to a console. its just casual enough to hop in every now and then and lets face it, blizzard knows most console gamers want just that.
    its the perfect way for blizzard to make some really good money out of a mediocre game. console players will love it and be more than happy to throw some little cash into the rmah, there is nothing similiar on consoles yet.

I think you might have missed the sarcasm.
    :S
    "Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the small death that brings total obliteration."
    Quote from Benegesserit

Also this is the other blizzard project that Jay Wilson is working on.

Yeah, how about you provide some source that. No? Ok. Let's still type it up though so many people quote you and get the rumor mill going.
    I am surprised there is people believing the game won't require constant internet connection and that they may not be any auction house.

HAHA this is funny.
    "A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever." Shigeru Miyamoto-nintendo boss

"I think it's hilarious because gamers won't be getting watered down anything.
    This is flat out Diablo 3." -Anonymous discussing the console version
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes