Diablo 3 Announced for PlayStation

If they just port the PC version, the console Diablo 3 will be a major flop when it comes to sales. Maybe then Blizzard will finally recognize that they need to step their game up and fix the damn game mostly in terms of customization, replayablity and itemization.

This... so much this.

Damn, i sure as heck wished i was there today :(

Right after this announcment i would have JUMPED UP... and YELLED :
    HEY CHRIS... does the PS3/4 Version actually turns out good???
    Glad that the game will finally be available for the audience it was designed for.
    Those PS3 screenshots look so bad, like horribly low res textures and no AA. What a flop.
    I'm surprised. I really am. From looking at the game, I never would've guessed it would come out for consoles.

:facepalm:

I also love the slap in the face that is the addition of a dynamic camera and LOCAL CO-OP. Seriously. I love the fact that those are not in the PC version. And the jury's still out on whether it'll have an AH/RMAH at all. Thank you, Blizzard.

But hey, at least we can all rejoice in the fact that time, money and effort was/is being diverted from fixing the game into making this port/version ("But they're two indepenten teams; one has absolutely no effect over the other" - suuuuuuuure).

Glad that the game will finally be available for the audience it was designed for.

Oh, you troll.

If they just port the PC version, the console Diablo 3 will be a major flop when it comes to sales. Maybe then Blizzard will finally recognize that they need to step their game up and fix the damn game mostly in terms of customization, replayablity and itemization.

This... so much this.

Damn, i sure as heck wished i was there today :(

Right after this announcment i would have JUMPED UP... and YELLED :
    HEY CHRIS... does the PS3/4 Version actually turns out good???

wth...........weird. You are playing diablo atm arent u.lol
    wth...........weird. You are playing diablo atm arent u.lol

Ehhh no :)
    I am currently playing Path of Exile and Strike Suit Zero...
    Four-player local co-op modes

Only thing that actually sounds pretty good.
    This is perfect for consoles because the title is about XBLA/PSN quality anyway.

Four-player local co-op modes

Only thing that actually sounds pretty good.

Unless you're talking about 2 machines linked over two televisions, or you have a 100" screen, no.
    WHAT IS THIS

I DON'T EVEN...
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP
    Jaetch goes enrage...
    We finally get a Offline Mode dude...arent you happy? =)

edit: ohwait, only on PS3/4...
    lol, not surprised by the number of trolls coming out of the woodworks, but I have no issue with this. Diablo was always pretty well suited to consoles and D3 is no exception. The current version of D3 is a great game and will no doubt do just fine. I'm curious to see if they'll play with PC players and have feature parity in future patches.

Offline play is not confirmed, only local co-op(which I've never heard anyone complain about not having on the PC before).

Diablo was always pretty well suited to consoles

wtf no diablo for psx was ****ing terrible
    Also this is the other blizzard project that Jay Wilson is working on.

Diablo was always pretty well suited to consoles

wtf no diablo for psx was ****ing terrible

Just because a console port was bad doesn't mean the idea can't work. There's no reason Diablo can't be played with a gamepad, which is basically the only requirement.
    Offline play is not confirmed, only local co-op(which I've never heard anyone complain about not having on the PC before).

Local actually means offline.

Local actually means offline.

No, it doesn't. Local means multiple players on the same system.
    D3 on consoles will be mediocre at best. There are just some ports that shouldn't happen and D3 to consoles is one of them, at least in my opinion.

The original Diablo on the PS1 was a total flop. It felt unnatural and forced. In short, it sucked.

The only way for D3 to truly be a success on consoles is to go far beyond that of a traditional port. They need to make D3 feel natural on the console. As if the game was designed; built from the ground up with the sole intention of being played on a console with a gamepad. To be frank, I don't see this happening. I believe Blizzard will develop a system that will be passable at best and, while technically will be D3 on a console, will still likely feel awkward.

I predict D3 sales on the PS3 and 4 will also tank. Even if Blizzard pulls off the perfect port, the game has a fairly bad rep and until that gets turned around, I don't see it hitting big on consoles anytime soon.
    Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness,
    Bringing torment and pain to others.
    Your damned soul wallowing in your sin.
    Perhaps...

it is time to die.
    Man, while I'm glad that Diablo is coming to consoles, I am saddened at the fact that it is a direct port. But I will surely try it if I ever get the PS4. Though I will still keep with playing Diablo on the PC for my main playtime.
    I don't always burn. But when I do, I use hellfire.

Yup, vanilla Diablo 3 has too much repetition, a restrictive game world, small repetitive maps, very barebones subpar PVP, bright graphics (not scary looking at all) etc. :d3d: :facepalm:

They should bring Diablo 3 to consoles after the D3 Expansion fixes those issues.
    Still hoping for a silver lining here. If this brings offline play to the cpu (yeah right) I guess I could be a little more accepting. I doubt I'll buy a console copy though....Blizz already took my cash for a CE.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes