Regarding PvP, Could Battlegrounds Work in Diablo 3?, DiabloFans - "Holiday in Sanctuary" Giveaway!, Heart of the Swarm Beta Key

i justs hope its worth the wait, besides that keep up the good work.
    Well it was clear to a lot of people that if pvp came out in the form it was previewed as it would have major problems or super challenging to make it so it isn't either pay to win or "X class can just do this and faceroll" etc etc. Also absence of rankings or ladders would leave it without many incentives to keep doing it at all.
    Read the blog and... To be honest I was very dissapointed. Blizzard seem like they have no idea how to integrate pvp and give people a reason to actually do it. They cannot make pvp good without changing things (pve), and they just are not willing to do that. So yeah i'll have some fun dueling but holy shit is this what we had to wait like 7 months for? duels..?
    At least they provided some information in the PvP blog. They didn't have to tell us anything you know. :Thumbs Up:
    I want moba style gameplay, push those towers, destroy that nexus. Angels vs demons hoooo!
    Quote from Kraglos

It's nice to see that we got more feedback on that matter. Although I don't share their point of view of "Make everyone happy with a single system". Why not release different systems that appeal to different people rather than scrapping what they've got after 7 months?

I totally agree, I didn't like TDM in BF3, but I still played it a bit here and there. It wasn't 1 hour and done forever, but more 1 hour, come back in a week and do another hour. If they want someone everyone will love and play forever, that's a really hard goal to hit. They could make a DoTA style game, or endless dungeon, or open world hostility ... but not everyone is going to like it.
    For PvP to work in this game, it would have to be a completely different beast, i.e skills work differently, different damages, etc... Zones like battle zones would be perfect for this. If it ends up adjusting PvE for PvP balance, it will simply upset a lot of fans, especially HC players who would see nerfs/adjustments for the sake of PvP, which really would be sad to see.

I hope Blizz, if they do implement this, does it right. It cannot turn into WoW and seeing larger PvE changes due to PvP.
    Battlegrounds would be interesting but I hope it would be more than a 3v3 or something like that and closer to a 10v10.
    I hope they come up with some really awesome mode for pvp
    I know for sure that if they could not finish already existing PvP arena in 7 months, they for sure won't release new PvP system in upcoming 6 months or probably even until 2014. So you guys can forget about PvP for a while :)
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.
    I don't understand why they couldn't release TDM + some new modes? or extended releasing period with firstly adding TDM. They are overusing "Blizzard Quality" here. I hope we have something by February.
    I'm really courious, how long do we have to wait till we can pvp. And it's not so hard to see bg like pvp in d3.
    D3 pvp will be faceroll.... No gear balance, no class balance, no plvl balance... You will see;p
    I dont udnerstand how people think about battlegrounds in diablo 3 , can anyone explain ?
    Quote from Kraglos

It's nice to see that we got more feedback on that matter. Although I don't share their point of view of "Make everyone happy with a single system". Why not release different systems that appeal to different people rather than scrapping what they've got after 7 months?

I couldn't agree more. This way the pvp mode can better accepted and, as a bonus, there would be something new and different to do in pvp.
    The battleground system cannot be done yet in d3. The reason is simple. There is NO WAY to balance sm1 who pays money for his gear, with sm1 who plays without the RMAH help. Always, the one who pays will have better gear and will win as d3 is a purely gear-depent game..
    BG in diablo 3 NO THX
    i think the battleground idea in diablo 3 is quite interesting. i would love to see a bg like eye of the storm from wow or arathi basin
    a 40 vs 40 arena would be fu**ing AWSOME!
    I wish they'd come up with a PvP scenario besides simple dueling before the game is 1 year old. They promised it!
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes