Regarding PvP, Could Battlegrounds Work in Diablo 3?, DiabloFans - "Holiday in Sanctuary" Giveaway!, Heart of the Swarm Beta Key

Amazing to see that they are still working on d3... But i think pvp will be too late
    They dont even tryhard...
    10 Month for Dueling is a Joke.
    I would have come with better Ideas.
    Just thing about it: I can't even beleave they group up every week to discuss devprogress. They most likely monkey around all the time or something.

Upgrayedd, on 28 December 2012 - 11:28 PM, said:

i can easily see them adding something like Alterac Valley to diablo 3. its the first thing i thought of when they said they wanted to add pve aspects to pvp. i dont know if it would be a good thing to add but its something.

A D3 version of AV would be awesome! Though I couldn't see it being more than 5 v 5 unless they figured out a way to effectively spread people out in a single instance... But that won't happen, people will zerg :P

i would like the classic version of av in d3. where u may need to summon your bosses and upgrade your guards to move foreward rather then just zerging. but how should players be rewarded for doing pvp with random grps? give them item chests for completing several tasks? (i guess there still won't be any pvp specific items? )
    Honestly, what kind of pvp would I enjoy for Diablo 3? Blood Moore. Allow up to 10 players at a time and let them ally/unally as they please. A sandboxy style where people can hang out, actually talk to one another and enjoy pvp in its most raw form.. This does not have to be the primary form of pvp, sandbox games are not for everybody. This would merely be an easy addition to add content that would make the game feel much less lonely.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    In Nomine Dei Nostri Satanas, Luciferi Excelsi.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    I must be in the minority, but I couldn't really care less about PVP in Diablo. I just don't play it to deal with people other than my friends I party with. It won't matter to me either way if they add battlegrounds or not. Meh.
    I'm not sure if Bg's would be that interestingly viable in Diablo. Everytime I think of organized PvP, mostly just FFA Arena comes to mind with different t hemes prizes for the winner. Like demon, angel, or Horadrim themed gear depending on the actual arena scheme/setting. It would also be cool to be able to take a caravan to these kind of "arena lobbies" where each PvP server would hold maybe...100-200 people and they would que up to which themed arena setting they would like.

I don't know, just a thought after reading the Blue's PvP mumblings up there.
    inb4 Diablo 3 PvP is pet battles.
    we understand that the PvP is coming soon™, can we at least have some information on 1.07?
    Quote from satarina

I must be in the minority, but I couldn't really care less about PVP in Diablo. I just don't play it to deal with people other than my friends I party with. It won't matter to me either way if they add battlegrounds or not. Meh.

I agree that I don't really care about PVP in Diablo 3, but if they did end up adding something like DOTA to it, I think it would make a great addition.
    Quote from Jaden344

Amazing to see that they are still working on d3... But i think pvp will be too late

Probably Automated Players Auction House, I mean Real Money Auction House still dripping enough juice to at least try.
    It's nice to see their considerations on PvP.

I would, like all us died and true Diablo fans, like a traditional bare bones 1 on 1 dueling mode.

In addition to this, I would like to see a large variety of PvP modes. Team Deathmatch, capture the flag styles, king of the hill styles, modes with CPU mobs, duels a midst mobs, and more.

Boil down to the interesting ones and lets have many modes and much variety.
    Battlegrounds sound like an interesting idea, maybe a race to the finish through killing bosses could be an idea.
    I have a feeling the things they want to do with PvP simply won't fit in a game as D3. They find such a thing out and scrap the idea then start again, hence the continuous delay
    I generally think that PvP in Diablo can only work with lots of PvE elements. Something like Alterac Valley but much bigger with lots of "side-dungeons" you want to clear to get nice Buffs, Keypoints you have to hold and in the end a big Boss which you have to kill to win the Battle.

In the end i hope that Blizzard doesn't try too hard to implement PvP content... D3 just isn't a PvP game, some Battlegrounds and dueling for fun would be okay but they should really add more PvE content instead of bringing PvP which maybe wont work at all.
    I would not count on, nor desire "Battlegrounds" - not very Diablo-ish. I always envisioned Diablo PVP as more along the line of joining a public game - difference being players can kill each other. The game world is much to linear for that though. Maybe something along the lines of highly randomized maps with chests/champions and maybe even a random boss to fight over. Maybe 4 to 8 players so it's not too crowded and killing others grants NV stacks.
    I would love me some d3 battleground action.
    bgs would be interesting to say the least, hopefully worth the wait also
    Sort of disappointed with the pvp... but at the same time, it shows they know what they're doing. Just gotta be patient and keep on waiting. I'm sure it'll be awesome
    Quote from Ryudos

I think a PVP system with PVE elements would work quite nicely, with systems such as capturing points for resources, building towers and units to send to your opponents, etc.

battlegrounds=fun. period. hahaha look at LoL and Starcraft (although its not BGs per say but relative) or even WoW. people play them because its competitive. and EVERYONE is competitive even if they say they aren't haha. so ya BGs for 1.0.7? maybe? :D
    Looking forward to play some duels.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes