The PVP Blog Is Here

lol. What a poor excuse for a 'blog' post.
    Wonder when Jay will stop with he's attempts at reinventing the wheel at every corner, one would think he learned from all the other times he came up short.
    I hope they come up with some cool game mode to replace deathmatch
    Posted this on the BNet OP:

Team Deathmatch mode ideas:

Use existing maps like Act III or Act 1 Cathedral for arenas where each team starts at one end of the linear map and has to battle their way to the other, where most of the fighting will take place in between with players re-spawning back at the beginning when they die. It adds a second level of depth to the arena and the goal isn't simply to kill. You could easily turn this into a capture the flag mode as well.

Open maps like the Act II desert and oasis could easily be turned into King of the Hill modes.

There's not a lot of design work that has to go into something like that. Starcraft modders have been doing it since the 90s. If you opened D3 to modding, I'm sure within the first few days, the players themselves would create popular mods like this.
    Diablo fans deserve a downloadable version of the Blizzcon D3 demo.
    I think a betting system would work. I personally would be happy with all basic functionalities at launch like the ability to duel with your own friends, some sort of ranking to denote how good you are aside from win-loss tracking, a functional queuing system for public games, other players being able to join in and watch a duel (spectator mode), being able to set the number of rounds the duel will last and some kind of box where duelists can place money and items in then the winner of the duel takes it all.

Yeah the last one wasn't really basic. But one can dream.:)
    People still play this game?

You guys definitely need to get better management, since missing a deadline is bad. You guys need to live up to the time line you committed, so if you had to work 24/7 for the last month of dec to finish this then you should have. No excuse is good enough to justify missing a deadline, since you gave yourself 7 months to finish this.

You are right about the management being bad, but the solution is not working 24/7 - it is actually having a clue what you are doing.

whoa excuse me bro!,

let me change that then to everybody but you.

Gtfo.

I also don't care about PvP one bit. And so do other members in this forums. Flame the blog all you want, as that would be justified. You didn't get something you really wanted on time so you're free to express your mind. But don't flame other members or pull arguments out of your ass, because your opinion is not "all people's opinion".

edit: See how this guy below did it? Amazing.

I don't care about PvP, but this blog was quite bad. After 7 months of hyping some form of PvP, they just gave up and went back to the basic formula... duels.
    It feels like they want to give a cookie to the PvP crowd so they won't yell about its lacking anymore.... I would be disappointed too if i wanted what they promised months ago....
    Meh.... it's a low blow in my opinion, really low.

Yeah that was pulling an argument out of my ass? Here I'll edit my original post for every person who doesn't give a rats ass about PVP to waste my time to make sure you guys don't get butt-hurt if you don't care about PVP. Of course not everybody cares, and I stated it as a generalization and it should have been taken as such from the start.

PvP was a big part of the game in D2 and it should have equal footing in D3 otherwise why even bother min maxing your character at all (yes you can save yourself 3 minutes clearing act 3..wooo!)

If they blew 7 months on a PVP idea that their sample test group thought was bad, what else do you really think their going to be cranking out for PvE? I hope you realize that PvP was supposed to be the last big plunge before the expansion, so if you think their going to release a huge new PvE content package or anything worth while before the expansion that their already working on to milk more money out of everybody..I'm sorry but you're wrong. They've proven they state ideas for the release then cram them into expansions to get the all mighty dollar.
    My favorite parts of the article? "Expectations for a high quality Blizzard experience" and "Not up to the quality Blizzard gamers expect." Not to mention the fact that PvP has been delayed again, and if they're going back to the drawing board 7 months after release, we'll probably have a team deathmatch-like system 4 months before the next WoW expac.

This whole game was not up to the quality that Blizzard players (namely, myself) expect. If only there was some award or accolade that read something along the lines of "Worst best-selling PC game of 2012."

Bah. Here's to 2013!
    Hope just to see patch1.0.7 soon as posible
    I think its safe to say Diablo 3 will go down as one of the worst PC games ever made.
    At least we are getting dueling
    I am mostly a PvP oriented player and decided that Diablo3 could be fun to try.
    After realizing the game sucked (sorry about being so honest in my words) i have asked for an immediate refund after 2 weeks of playtime
    Blizzard declined my refund because it has been 30days+ and i had the game PRE ORDERED months ago

Stopped reading this "blue post" joke right here:

We've been working really hard on the features, content, and systems for PvP in Diablo III

rofl what a blog post...the fact it took them this long to basically write an excuse and not a blog is a joke. They basically just spit in the faces of all the people who paid for the game.

"Well our idea we've been working on all this time didn't do very well , so we're scrapping it and just enabling 1v1 duels..thanks guys!"

Uh, excuse me, you're wrong.

I never intended to PVP in Diablo 3.

For all I care, they can scrap the entire idea and it wouldn't phase me in the least.

They still spit in your face.
    You better fix game mechanics, items, stats, etc. >.
    really really sad ...i never was much of a pvp'r ..but for the people whom are ...this is just wrong ..
    The game failed from the start it still fails ...
    so you say what are the issues ...

i would really really be looking at the dev team and it's leaders by now ...but blizz refuses ...too
    there are some serious issues there to say the least ..

really should be classified as the worst game of the century ..

You guys definitely need to get better management, since missing a deadline is bad. You guys need to live up to the time line you committed, so if you had to work 24/7 for the last month of dec to finish this then you should have. No excuse is good enough to justify missing a deadline, since you gave yourself 7 months to finish this.

You are right about the management being bad, but the solution is not working 24/7 - it is actually having a clue what you are doing.

Isn't there some quote about 1000 monkeys at 1000 type writers?
    Things gone too far this time.

FIRE JAY WILSON!

PvP was a big part of the game in D2 and it should have equal footing in D3 otherwise why even bother min maxing your character at all (yes you can save yourself 3 minutes clearing act 3..wooo!)

No, it wasn't.

PvP in the Diablo series has always been 'Yeah, we'll let you kill each other, but we're not going to try and balance it at all'. It's always been a gank fest. Nothing more.

This idea that PvP has ever been a primary gameplay element in Diablo is fiction.
    I think its better they delayed ti AGAIN , then launched something that would be fun for 1 week ....
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes