A Message From Jay

I don't care what Wilson says, Brevik is right. I like 1.0.4, but playing it again makes me nauseating at the immaturity and non-sense of the characters and story. Diablo 3 is childish and full of miss, I wish Wilson was back were he belongs, being told by grownups to code and stfu.
    Quote from AudioCG
    Average age every time a community poll comes up is 27-ish. (24-30 average demograph)

They aint children bud. They are sad, painfully obsessed, socially aberrant, keyboard warriors.

Anyone remember this famous quote from "Dazed and Confused" (referenced by Brian in Family Guy one time, if you're not from my generation):

"That's what I love about these high school girls, man. I get older, they stay the same age."

I wish I could say that I get older, and gamers stay the same age.

Every year that goes by, the gaming community as a whole gets more immature, more hostile, more sexist, more racist, more nerdraging, more foaming-at-the-mouth-tantrum-throwing insane.

And while all this happens.. every survey indicates that the average (biological) age is increasing, even as the mental age decreases, and the emotional age plummets.

It's enough to push you into playing single-player games exclusively.
    Quote from st0rmie

Quote from AudioCG
    Average age every time a community poll comes up is 27-ish. (24-30 average demograph)

They aint children bud. They are sad, painfully obsessed, socially aberrant, keyboard warriors.

Anyone remember this famous quote from "Dazed and Confused" (referenced by Brian in Family Guy one time, if you're not from my generation):

"That's what I love about these high school girls, man. I get older, they stay the same age."

I wish I could say that I get older, and gamers stay the same age.

Every year that goes by, the gaming community as a whole gets more immature, more hostile, more sexist, more racist, more nerdraging, more foaming-at-the-mouth-tantrum-throwing insane.

And while all this happens.. every survey indicates that the average (biological) age is increasing, even as the mental age decreases, and the emotional age plummets.

It's enough to push you into playing single-player games exclusively.

I would not say it myself better. This is exactly how I feel for last few year. Me being 33 and being with games from pretty much start of PC boom, I feel more and more tired of communities that form around games. Dont get me wrong, I love to read up on strategies, theorycrafting and everything related to games but the amount of trash you need to plow through is staggering. It was so much easier in the beginnings when amount of people was rather limited, there was no widespread internet and games were played for what they were not for who made them.
    I indeed focus lately on single-player games. I have yet to step into public game for D3 as well.
    I would definitely say that I am really satisfied with this new patch and it really keeps me going. Good job blizzard, keep it up!
    Brevik was a dick and acted way to disrespectful. He comes off as a very jaded guy in the interview, but Jay's reaction was plain childish. I wish Dave would man up as well and apologize for insulting his former colleagues, so we can just move on from this silly beef and continue improving the game.
    That said, I must say I am intrigued by the things coming in the next few months. If the team keeps working hard and stays on the right course, we just might get an awesome product and a worthy Diablo sequel by the end of this year. Yay.
    "Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the small death that brings total obliteration."
    It's funny to observe how people are brought behind the light by the interview.

All i can see in this thread is people being mad because "the father" of Diablo was insulted. Where as of he actually did an entire interview where he indirectly , between the lines insulted Jay.

I don't defend Jay - But it's idiocy at best to try and say that because he's paid he is supposed to be some zen kind of person who can withstand millions of peoples critique and critique from other people who formerly worked with him, regarding his years long project.

Back to Paragon leveling - But overall this Forum is starting to feel like a drama magazine to me. I usually go on here to find creative discussion - But more and more by the hour, the drama is just overwhelming everything.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/CrazyPoochification - Let's Play of Eastern Sun/Other stuff
    Jay Wilson is the worst thing to happen to gaming, ever.
    His arrogance is beyond measure.
    Still can't believe that it took months after release for us to get actual legendary items. What were they thinking when they designed the loot system, seriously that was a very obvious mistake to make having weak legendary items.

And now, the paragon system is not even their idea, Kripp was the one who came up with it and thank god they listened to him because now I have a purpose to play instead of farming for hours finding nothing and then have nothing to show for it felt like a big waste of time so I stopped playing because of that. Kudos for listening to the players on that one.

Having an AH for this game was such a bad idea imo, it ruins the game and it seems like they realise that too now, but can't come up with a solution to fix it yet. To me only solution is to remove the AH, players are spending more time on it than actually playing the game.

New things for end game are required, we need an endless dungeon with a ladder for competition.

Also wouldn't mind another type of dungeon or temple filed with corrupt versions of the character classes. You're not the only barb or wizard etc in the world of sanctuary, why not have a dungeon with waves of different classes that have random skill combinations similar to the shadow clones that we have to kill because they've been corrupted or something. That would provide a new, unique enemy type, I think that would be an interesting, new challenge. They can also get even more creative with this down the track and add classes from D2. Would love to go against a pack of Paladins, Amazons etc each with a diff type of build we all used back in D2. Example you come across a pack of Paladins, one is a hammerdin, the other a zealadin, the other uses a shield with Smite.

I hate that stupid pony level it sucks and makes my eyeballs bleed, I just can't play in it.
    Apology accepted, less facebook and more fixing, Jay.

Everyone makes mistakes, important thing is to admit to have made them.
    Don't care about either of them, or this pointless tiff.

Info about future releases? Thanks.
    I like how he takes away the attention from Brevik and charms us with future patches xD

Then again, I thought his FB comment incident was pretty funny and he's allowed to have feelings too :P
    Quote from Doorsfan

I don't defend Jay - But it's idiocy at best to try and say that because he's paid he is supposed to be some zen kind of person who can withstand millions of peoples critique and critique from other people who formerly worked with him,

It's not idiocy, it's a expectation, a reasonable one at that. He can speak out against the interview in a more reasonable way. People are critizsed every day on a much larger scale on television. Do you hear Obama or any other presidents saying, "Fuck, those losers" ? -- well aside from Bush and the blacks in New Orleans.
    "I believe in the sand beneath my toes. The beach gives a feeling, an earthy feeling. I believe in the faith that grows, And the four right chords can make me cry. When I'm with you I feel like I could die, and that would be alright"
    Sounds quite sincere to me and I hope everybody can put this behind them. I think Jay has a lot of passion for his work and the work of his team and regardless of what you think about the game or Jay himself, he has every right to defend his baby. He shouldn't have posted what he did on Facebook as social media is a double-edged sword and the context changed once the post was outed.

Adults tell other adults to F off all the time - hell I do it at work too but in more polite terms usually. It's irrelevant if you think Jay is nice or ought to be nice, etc. Doesn't matter - he's not paid to be a nice guy, he's paid to do a job and he's human so when you mix stress with tight deadlines and constant feedback from external sources, it can result in minor transgressions.

Personally I don't care if these guys take out full page ads in the NY Times telling eachother to F*!$ themselves and email eachother's mothers links to lemonparty as long as they don't lose sight of the big picture. Everything else is just blowing off steam.
    Well, they have to fix the game if they want their expansions to sell. Simple.
    I will cleanse this wilderness...
    Quote from Audacitus

Still can't believe that it took months after release for us to get actual legendary items. What were they thinking when they designed the loot system, seriously that was a very obvious mistake to make having weak legendary items.

Why dont you take few minutes researching how D2 treated uniques instead of spouting senseless comments on forums? Jump to D2 wiki linked on this community site and check it for yourself. I give you a hint:
    It took whole lot more time to get proper uniques in D2 then it took them in D3. A whole lot more!
    Quote from 2good4U

Well, they have to fix the game if they want their expansions to sell. Simple.

A broad statement... what exactly is broken?
    I like what is being said. I don't think it's all BS either... I think D3 is heading in the right direction finally :)

Near the end of D3 dev, they were saying a lot of wrong things (based on what I wanted D3) but now they are backtracking on almost all of those decisions. I see great things for D3 in the future (it's already amazing in 1.0.4 imo).
    After skimming through this thread I feel like I'm watching ET news and seeing a bunch of petty shallow people gossip about crap that doesn't matter.

Do I care about Jay? No.
    Do I care about Dave? No.
    Do I care how these adults are acting poorly and enforce the retardation of human interaction of a public website? No.
    Do I care about Diablo 3? Yes.
    Does this news change anything? No. (no new ideas and all issues are already known)
    Does defending Dave or Jay bring any meaningful conversation or actually affect the game your playing? No.
    If Dave punched a baby in the face would it make D2 shitty? No.
    Playing Diablo since 97. I know nothing and having nothing good to say, I be a troll.
    I find that this whole ordeal is being blown out of proportion in every conceivable form. Jay used his own personal account to comment on what is a team mate's personal Facebook as well. In no way, shape or form is this an official response from Blizzard, an official statement from the D3 team, and least of all a public figure of immense visibility posting pictures of himself shooting people or validating rape as a legit way of getting laid.

I must say that the public's response to the whole thing was so disproportionate and infinitely less civilized in an appalling number of cases that it's not Jay snapping and saying "fuck that loser" that caught my eye, but as mentioned earlier on this very thread, the crude, pathetic and borderline psychotic response from many people discussing this thing - is this what the gamer community is becoming?
    rofl, i don't get why people take stuff like this so seriously. as much as i like brevik, big f'n deal.

you should probably start working on setting your priorities straight if stuff like this gets to you.
    A horse walks into a bar and the bartender asks "Why the long face?"
    The horse replies "My wife is dying of terminal cancer."

What's green with wheels?
    Grass, I lied about the wheels.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes