A Message From Jay

Quote from Halaberiel

Quote from flikera

Quote from Sabvre

Quote from Hpnot1Q

Quote from flikera

After saying those words to Dave, the man who brought us our passion, you will never be widely accepted, Jay. Your PR excuses cannot hide your aggressive hateful nature.

he is merely a human, therefor even he has the right to every now and then blow of steam like he did. Nothing wrong with that and does not make you a ''hateful aggressive person''

Most of all it was on his PERSONAL facebook page FOR FUCKS SAKE!

I still remember post 2008 election posting a big ol "FUCK OBAMA"... on my facebook status....

Jay has bad aura. He works hard, but he's not a nice person. Same goes for Mike Morhaime.

I guess knowing them personally you'd know that first hand.

I hope I'm wrong.
    [Real Money Auction House] DISGUSTING ITEM!
    - 1 to all skills
    Quote from flikera

Quote from Halaberiel

Quote from flikera

Quote from Sabvre

Quote from Hpnot1Q

Quote from flikera

After saying those words to Dave, the man who brought us our passion, you will never be widely accepted, Jay. Your PR excuses cannot hide your aggressive hateful nature.

he is merely a human, therefor even he has the right to every now and then blow of steam like he did. Nothing wrong with that and does not make you a ''hateful aggressive person''

I still remember post 2008 election posting a big ol "FUCK OBAMA"... on my facebook status....

Jay has bad aura. He works hard, but he's not a nice person. Same goes for Mike Morhaime.

I guess knowing them personally you'd know that first hand.

I hope I'm wrong.

Never said i know them personally.
    I think Jay is a real sensible person. After working hard on Diablo 3, he and his team has been swarmed by harsh criticism (valid or not it's not my point). They started working hard to deliver 1.0.3, and it didn't stop. Just a few days before the release of 1.0.4, Brevik did that interview and i think Jay couldn't take it anymore and vented some frustration.

Was it a good decision? Ofc not. Is it justifiable? I don't think so. He made a huge mistake as a human, and he will probably pay the price for a while. I feel sorry for him...
    Quote from flikera

I hope I'm wrong.

Well, if he's not a nice person he's proved that even angry people can accomplish something in life. After all he's been part of Blizzard since day 1 (or Silicon & Synapse as it were xD ).
    Dave called it like it is and has customer feedback to back it up. Jay couldn't be a man about it and instead acted like a 13 year old. You don't ever think anyone is awesome and a loser at the same time. If he just said "fuck that" then I'd understand but he made a personal remark about Dave with his "loser" addition and for that he's not getting a pass.
    i got punched in the face by a 6 year old girl, did she apologize?

no she didnt, she ran away laughing as i lay on the ground battered and bruised
    Quote from flikera

That's RICH coming from this horribly rude, painfully childish, and pathetically immature community.

Really,

Gold star right there.

Quote from Benegesserit

Dave called it like it is and has customer feedback to back it up. Jay couldn't be a man about it and instead acted like a 13 year old. You don't ever think anyone is awesome and a loser at the same time. If he just said "fuck that" then I'd understand but he made a personal remark about Dave with his "loser" addition and for that he's not getting a pass.

Should we dredge up people from this community's online comments and judge them the same way?

Because THAT would be far, FAR worse, don't ya think?
    Quote from AudioCG »

Quote from Benegesserit

Should we dredge up people from this community's online comments and judge them the same way?

Because THAT would be far, FAR worse, don't ya think?

The community IS actually full of children (but not all, and you can certainly find plenty of adult comments that are respectful despite the generalization). Children are the largest demographic of gamers so, duh, most of them are going to be childish. Jay Wilson is obviously not a child but certainly acted like one. His facebook is going to be one of the very few ways to get a candid view of him and this is how he reveals himself when not behind PR like this letter. You don't get to be in a position of power like this where your position is owed to your customers when you can't handle yourself appropriately. There are plenty of Game Directors who don't have evidence of acting like this.

Sure he's allowed to say "fuck you" to someone. But if he's going to be dumb enough to say it to the creator of the franchise that gave him his fucking job, you better actually back your shit up (like Dave did). He didn't. Just a flippant statement like any kid would. Your job as a leader (and a Director is a leader of multiple leaders) is to set an example. When I get paid to do what he does and control huge franchises like that, you be sure to put me in my place if you catch me doing shit like that.
    Well that's that. Good, out of the way. Love the talk about improving the game. They know, now they are actually being forthcoming in a way that isn't cryptic or distracting from the questions the community raises. I don't need to know every nuanced detail of their ongoing plans or dev meetings. Just stuff like this once in a while goes miles to keeping me interested in the game. 1.0.4 was a great step. I have found two legendaries already and with all the other tweaks and changes I am suddenly hooked in farming. Plus I can actually run through act 2 and some of 3 now. It feels like a natural difficulty hike while not being a brick wall. Paragon system is awesome. Love it. I cannot wait to see where this game is once the first expansion drops. It should be the game we waited all those years for.
    Quote from flikera

Oh. Well. Now that I'm aware of his aura, I totally hate the guy too. Wait, that's not the aura that's indistinguishable from a fig-leaf for confirmation bias is it? Because those ones don't actually exist.

Quote from Benegesserit

Dave called it like it is and has customer feedback to back it up.

I've seen customer feedback that backs up the following:

Diablo3 is awesome.
    Diablo3 is terrible.
    Diablo3 is average.

... and that's why appeals to authority are bad.
    Quote from flikera

Quote from Sabvre

Quote from Hpnot1Q

Quote from flikera

LOL who the fuck cares if he is a nice person? Isn't it more important how our d3 game plays out instead of worrying about someone ( that we don't even know) character?
    Just give me Cows and we'll call it even.
    I just want a little bit of tenderness :(

Quote from Aerisot

Just give me Cows and we'll call it even.

The tooltip specifically says "There is no cow level". It's all there, black and white, clear as crystal! YOU GET NOTHING! GOOD DAY, SIR!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDqatJPvOfk
    I hope they finally delete the cancer that is the auction house.
    Paragon levels and now the idea of adding "players 8" command. Seems like Blizzard is listening to massive outcry of people upset who think D3 is garbage because it's not a copy and paste of D2. I think these are both welcomed changes but calling it now:

May 2012: Fuck Diablo 3. It's nothing like Diablo 2.

May 2013: Fuck Diablo 3. It's a copy and paste of Diablo 2 now.

Girl, you know it's true.
    I can't even read past the first paragraph. This guy makes me sick. I was a Blizzard fan and loved all their games, but this guy has changed my view not only on this game, but on the company as a whole. He should be fired asap if Blizzard wants to recover their reputation. Or what's left of it.

There I said it. It had to be said.
    what a pointless post and specially an apology, who cares about what you said of the stupid facebook dude!

next time be smarter use your phones! don't evolve the fans, go and apologies to him if you want.

we don't care!

and besides that the banning "Moderators" over the official forums if you say something harsh and direct, goes like hell!!! or should i say inferno!

i used the word stupid and they banned me for 1 day, because i didn't sympathized him? LOL

oh boy Blizzard now is the new China! :facepalm:

@
    Sikk

totally agree
    No More Auction House!
    My faith is restored to them :Thumbs Up:
    Now just give us and a offline mode like sc2 B)
    Because he's the developer this community deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll find small issues and act personally offended by them, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Knight.
    Quote from Daemaro
    I've said plenty of things in anger, not usually in public though. They thought that conversation was private for some reason.

That was my reaction too. I've said far, far worse about former co-workers in private conversations. And I'd be mortified if what I thought was private turned out to be public. I don't use Facebook, though, so it seems I'm a lot less at risk of that happening than most of the human race. :lol:
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes