1.0.4 Developer Blog - Legendaries, Starter Edition Now Available, Patch 1.0.4 Information, Blue Posts

Quote from Ruppgu

One negative thing though.... that WD offhand is a COMPLETE miss. Do they really not understand the class that badly if they think that offhand is good? I hope someone else worked on the WD class changes if that's the case....

The point of that offhand is to help support a niche WD spec, just like the Barb weapon supports ranged barb spec and the Wizard weapon supports melee wizards, it's not supposed to be good for the majority of WDs.
    this is mostly a great update

i have to agree on the WD offhand being bad, though. it's bad for Pet build WDs. you don't want your pets to be so crappy that you constantly have to summon them which is the point of a cooldown reduction. you want your pets to be tougher so they don't die as often.

i would not use that offhand even with a pet build. i want them to be alive. not dead and having to resummon.
    Ok...now this...this is good. :) I will remain cautiously optimistic, but if this is what they will be doing and sticking with it, then I will say that the devs are on the right track and understanding. I can't wait to see what other stuff will happen with those items...and as a Demon Hunter I really hope they do something nice with the bow classes, of course. Buriza looks cool with its old piercing back, even if it isn't viable endgame, meh...the thought that counts. :)
    A definite thumbs-up from me! :Thumbs Up:
    Wonder if the drop rate on these is going up, down, staying the same.
    Interesting. Now I really need to get an effective MF set built to farm up these wonderful items.
    Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness,
    Bringing torment and pain to others.
    Your damned soul wallowing in your sin.
    Perhaps...

it is time to die.
    My favorite buff is the special skill procs on some of them. This is what I was hoping to see the most to make them feel special and not just increased stats.

Find any Diablo news? Contact me or anyone else on the News team  

The WD offhand is one of my "meh" items. The biggest problem with it is just that it's low level so it has a shitty dmg range. We don't know what the class changes are yet and I certainly wouldn't consider for a pet build in the current state of the game, but I could see it making a pet SACRIFICE build potentially more viable if it could help bring the cd's down very very low.
    Gold drop on hit = sexy
    Quote from phuzi0n

The WD offhand is one of my "meh" items. The biggest problem with it is just that it's low level so it has a shitty dmg range. We don't know what the class changes are yet and I certainly wouldn't consider for a pet build in the current state of the game, but I could see it making a pet SACRIFICE build potentially more viable if it could help bring the cd's down very very low.

Yeah it is kind of shitty but the fact is, it has a chance of rolling i63 stats, so pretty that's sick!
    Quote from Unvarnished

Quote from phuzi0n

Yeah it is kind of shitty but the fact is, it has a chance of rolling i63 stats, so pretty that's sick!

No it doesn't? o.0
    Quote from Unvarnished

Gold drop on hit = sexy

I suffered catastrophic loss of bladder control when I first laid eyes on it. I can only imagine the sea of gold after the smoke clears on a large trash pull using a GF heavy set.

Oh god I want a Maximus too… what do you mean I can’t dual wield those???!!!11
    LE-GEN-DA-RY

Better late than never. Can't wait to farm them. THAT'S the endgame that the Diablo players were expecting. WOW players are going to learn how to enjoy that. It's easy, don't worry.
    this is going to be Legendary. :) well done Blizzard!
    These changes are most welcome. Now only if set items/legendaries had at least a decent chance to drop from the beginning. I understand they won't revert to D2 system because of the auction house, but we should at least see a couple more legendaries and at least a set item or two while leveling.
    "Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the small death that brings total obliteration."
    Anyone buying plans now is wasting money, they clearly state you need to find the NEW plan.
    Quote from Corpsie
    Anyone buying plans now is wasting money, they clearly state you need to find the NEW plan.

No, they don't.

Originally Posted by (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Crafted Legendaries - If you currently have a crafting plan for a Legendary item, and if we change the item that you’re able to craft in any way, you will NOT have to get a new crafting plan for that item. If you craft something right after 1.0.4 comes out you’ll get the new item.
    Quote from Corpsie

No, they clearly say you do not have to buy the plan again, and the same plan will make new legendaries come the patch.
    Well it looks they have avoided doing too little. Only time will tell if it is too late though.
    some buffs are good, but some are really trash. like the off hand for wd. cd reduce on summons? rly? i mean rly? fire the fucking stupid shit designer of the wd class. so stupid.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes