Possible New Magic Find System - "Levels of Excellence"

Very Important: Blizzard - Important Security Update

Possible New Magic Find System - "Levels of Excellence"
    Yesterday we got word of the 1.0.4 blogs that will be getting sometime in the near future. However the Portuguese version had a little bit extra added when it was first posted. However it has now been removed and worded the same way as the US version. Thanks VempirE for the tip and GentlemanGustaf for the translation conformation.

Originally Posted by (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

• Chance of finding items of magic and levels of excellence by Jay Wilson
    • Jay Wilson will inform the community regarding the chance to encounter magic items
      and will also reveal and explain the details of the System of Excellence, a new function of patch 1.0.4

Mind, lost.
    God damn smurf.

Y U NO TELL?!
    so to fix the gear swapping issue, they are just gonna put another system in place, including neph valor? seems kinda... redundant, unless we end up getting more items
    Quote from KromtheImpaler

so to fix the gear swapping issue, they are just gonna put another system in place, including neph valor? seems kinda... redundant, unless we end up getting more items

it may not even be a MF system.. but seeing as they had attached it too his MF blog... that is the logical guess, but who knows
    Quote from Molster

Quote from KromtheImpaler

it may not even be a MF system.. but seeing as they had attached it too his MF blog... that is the logical guess, but who knows

Seeing it is called "Levels" I am quite convinced it is an entirely new function that is added to the already existing gameplay.
    It could be something like "run around with same MF value (aka no gear swap) and you get more loot" or perhaps more garanteed rares. It could be that they add tiers to MF so that once you reach 100 MF you get to level 1 "of excellence" which will add another drop from your kills. It could be that MF gets removed completely and you have to grind up "excellence" which then works the same, but is static (so kinda like an XP bar but with MF). It could be many things.

It could also be a bad joke :P
    haha, when I saw levels I was thinking something to level past 60.. oh ohhhh

Level past 60, eaach level adds to your MF? who knows...
    Quote from Molster

See, that would be a gamebreaker if they actually implemented more end-game!
    As long as they don't obsolete or trivialize the MF on existing gear. I just completed a complete re-gearing of my monk today to the tune of 30M gold and every piece that could have MF has it. If that affix becomes suddenly useless I'm gonna have a cow LOL. Not that my gear still won't be good but I could only imagine what better combat stats I could have had without paying the MF premium on each piece. Having said that, I'm excited to see what they have in mind for us.
    Quote from urgatorbait

As long as they don't obsolete or trivialize the MF on existing gear. I just completed a complete re-gearing of my monk today to the tune of 30M gold and every piece that could have MF has it. If that affix becomes suddenly useless I'm gonna have a cow LOL. Not that my gear still won't be good but I could only imagine what better combat stats I could have had without paying the MF premium on each piece. Having said that, I'm excited to see what they have in mind for us.

That's just how I felt when they announced they'd nerf ias. I had bought two new weapons, with loads of ias obviously, one week before the announcement..
    The experience you don't get past 60 could absolutely be used to fuel bursts of high MF or something. That actually sounds kinda rewarding :)
    999 MF max on its way?

And the Raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
    On the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door;
    And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming,
    And the lamplight o'er him streaming throws his shadow on the floor;
    And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
    Shall be lifted - nevermore!
    I really want to know what these are all about. But with all the security problems that happened today i doubt we will hear about them soon. I was hoping they would start Friday but i doubt that.

Actually come to think about it they should do them right now. They have so many people modding their forums they could just do a clean sweep on everything :P
    That actually makes complete sense imo....

Add in hero levels that do nothing but increase your MF value. Every hero level gives +5% Static MF....

1.) +Exp on kill and helm socketed with a ruby wouldn't be worthless....
    2.) The longer and more you play... the better and better drops you earn.
    3.) If you are unlucky on a grind run you can at least grind away some of a hero level and have accomplished SOMETHING.
    Quote from Cyeron

Quote from Molster

Yeah, and made a ladder out of it. So it'd be reset every six months or so.
    Quote from pappamask

Quote from Cyeron

Quote from Molster

Yeah, and made a ladder out of it. So it'd be reset every six months or so.

No Thank you - Having to grind out MF levels every 6 months sounds annoying ... especially when you need to do that on all of your level 60 characters.
    "Levels of excellence" sounds like "your student is a good citizen at this elementary school" hackery.
    Since they're just now announcing announcements, we probably won't get the real announcements until next week and the patch until the 20th or 27th :(

I hope they at least give us DETAILED information on how the new systems work so that we don't have to figure it all out empirically again.
    swap gear lose 2 NV
    death lose 1 NV
    get pwned in A1 A2 lose 5 NV
    ROFL, indeed losing a NV stack per death seems plausible...
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes