Patch 1.0.4 Class Preview: Monk

All I see is more damage here, more damage there. How original. What about the 97 runes that are completely useless because of design, not because of damage balance? What about skills that are completely useless not because of damage, but because of design?
    Complete rage quit on this game if the WD preview is as underwhelming as this.
    Calling the shots since -77. http://eu.battle.net...9/hero/13609334
    Quote from EnzoMustang

to Temsen:
    The significant change of the exploding palm is not only its damage, but its duration. 9 second for exploding palm is a very big buff...if you have the experience with the skill, you would know what I mean.

Yea.. I kinda know what you mean, however, my problem with the skill is; it doesn't do anything (basically) for the initial killing speed. Killing the first champ is always the hardest thing on difficult packs.
    If they're close together, sweeping wind and fot will have them all pretty low anyways. If they needed to be kited it could be dangerous to lets them come close enough for the explosion.
    Also you'd need to give up a defensive cooldown (well, serenity) for it, and that will make difficult packs even more difficult. :S
    Well, that's my opinion, I might be wrong, though.
    I love the QQ over patch preview blog posts. Truly outstanding.
    All I see in the preview notes is: GW2 Aug 28th.
    Quote from KnowScott

All I see in the preview notes is: GW2 Aug 28th.

GW2? LOL that's going to have more QQ than D3.
    Oh man, you guys are hard to please. These are previews, and I'm sure could even be called teasers. We aren't learning a lot, sure, but you have to think that 1.0.4 is coming with a lot of changes and these developers are focusing on development. Plus why would they go through the effort of putting out a really indepth article when you sharks are just going to eat them alive anyways?

I've never seen a more depressed and angry community then the Diablo 3 community. And it sucks because while Diablo 3 may not be where it needs to be, it's slowly getting there.
    I hope nobody minds that I'll quote myself from my guide thread.

Quote from Thaya

Preview was meh.

They don't understand that we have only 1 slot for a spirit spender DPS ability. We are not going to drop using 3 defensive skills, and nobody will want to skip Mantra. Serenity is just too good on its own - it provides a much needed DPS window vs certain packs; Breath of Heaven provides a passive 15% damage buff via rune; and Faith in the Light buff scaling with AS ends up being ridiculous burst. That's on top of the fact that you sort of need to use all 3 of them to survive unless your gear is amazing and you kill things before it matters. All of them provide amazing offenses, better than most of our spirit spender abilities, THAT is the issue.

Wave of Light is still gonna be crap because 75 spirit is just too much. Even if it's going to hit like a truck, it just takes too long to get 75 spirit for the ability to be fun, even if it works out to be a DPS increase in numbers. A simple damage increase to SSS isn't going to be sufficient. Nobody in their right mind will enjoy having a 30 seconds cooldown in the only slot we can put a random ability into. We simply don't have a bar slot for a "pop every once in a while for fun" ability.

Exploding Palm numbers must be a joke. It went from dealing 73% weapon damage per second to 83%. Well thanks. Sure, the skill is about the corpse explosion yada yada, but that doesn't help much at all versus elites - the hard part is when they're all alive. If you ever used EP you'd try to time it close to the mobs death to actually get the explosion off, otherwise you just spam Overawe because that's just better. That won't change with these numbers.

Underwhelming.
    I dunno about you guys, but I am dying to know what a "Laser Chicken" is...
    Quote from Angzt

Quote from Soul

So they have a third of the page talking about SSS and then don't freaking tell us what it does lol?

sad blizzard... very sad.

They said they are going to increase the damage output significantly. What more do you need?
    They probably haven't nailed it down exactly and if they now said they'd triple the damage but, after further testing, actually went with a factor of 2.5 people would start crying all over the place...

Exactly

"Blizzard - Y U NERF SSS!?!?!"

"Uhh.. we multiplied the damage by 2.5.. that's a buff not a nerf"

"YOU SAID TRIPLE AND THEN YOU NERFED IT!!!!"

Honestly, I can't even imagine how anyone at Blizzard finds the strength to get up and go to work in the morning, given the whining, tantrum-throwing, entitled crybaby little shits that they have to put up with. The comments on these dev blogs and the threads about 1.0.4 on the official forums are some of the most sickening things I've ever read, it makes me ashamed to be a gamer when these sorts of people share the hobby with me.
    Quote from st0rmie

Honestly, I can't even imagine how anyone at Blizzard finds the strength to get up and go to work in the morning

Maybe they are getting paid for it... maybe, just saying it is possible ... crazy I know
    Why are people crying over a preview? It only highlights a few changes. they have said they are buffing most skills.

the previews are just highlighting a few underutilized skills. The patch notes when they come out will have every skill buff in there and then you can commence your crying.
    im a lil underwheled myself....and if they ever messed with owe i would start a civil suit against blizzard for the amount of time ive spent building up gold and playing just to have all my gear give me 900+ resist with duel resist items....anyway i dont see anything viable here really i mean be nice to switch to 7 sided strike as i loved the skill but what can u really replace it with? the cookie cutter monk is basically the only way u can get through inferno i dont see anyone dropping serenity(which has saved us countless amounts of gold in repairs) for this as a moment of invulnarability....i wish they made it so u can teleport to a predetermined spot after u use it so u can get out of wallers and arcane...now that would be a viable change....why not increase attack speeds on crippling wave or deadly reach? i used to love crippling wave to its 2 slow in inferno when your tanking some crazy champs...i dunno just babbling
    now im just praying the WD(my second char) has much more significant upgrades then my monk lol
    Quote from MrBlaine

Quote from st0rmie

Honestly, I can't even imagine how anyone at Blizzard finds the strength to get up and go to work in the morning

Maybe they are getting paid for it... maybe, just saying it is possible ... crazy I know

If I was expected to tolerate the rudeness from customers that Blizzard's employees are confronted with, I would seek alternative employment immediately.
    Quote from st0rmie

If I was expected to tolerate the rudeness from customers that Blizzard's employees are confronted with, I would seek alternative employment immediately.

It's not so much the rudeness that gets to me, it's the histrionics. People skim over a class preview, then post an all-caps thread declaring that Blizzard has done nothing, won't do anything, hates everyone, is the worst game company ever. I mean holy crap... how do you even begin to interact with such a person?
    Blizzard can buff the DPS of a two-hander, but it can't compensate for the terrible attack speed. (Unless you're stacking a lot of +atk spd, but then why would you waste that on a slow 2-H?)

Quote from Painapple
    I dunno about you guys, but I am dying to know what a "Laser Chicken" is...

>.>
    Worst blog ever !
    The wave of light buff seems very weak to me, for the spirit price (75 spirit ! ) this skill needs 500%-600% dmg as a bare minimum , wave of light should be the most impressive monk skill (with seven-sided strikes)

When i see how hammer of the ancients is buffed (325% for 20 rage only....) ...

And what about tempest rush ? the most useless skill in the game ? this skill needs to be totally revamped...
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes