Diablo III Hotfixes for August 3rd - Rubberbanding

Diablo III Hotfixes for August 3rd - Rubberbanding
    Blizzard has just posted a list of hotfixes for August 3rd. It looks like they are attempting to work on the "rubberbanding" issue a lot of users experience.

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

August 3
    Bug Fixes
    • Fixed several cases of "rubberbanding" that could sometimes occur while playing under extremely high latency, when a character changed direction or movement speed, or when a character used certain movement-based abilities (like Tempest Rush or Whirlwind)
    • Fixed several game and service crashes
    Sounds like they're taking Kripp's advice.
    Woo hoo - I can actually do proper speed-runs now :D

Smoke Screen, Run, Smoke Screen, *Rubber Band*, Run, Smoke Screen, *Kicked from game*
    -= Reelix =-
    I got really fed up with dying in HC to rubberbanding so I might actually be able to start playing again.
    And may the odds be ever in your favour.
    Emmo#2406
    Quote from Cinnamohn

I seriously belive that. Look at the AH stuff the just talked about and now the rubberbanding. Everything after Kripps vid.
    Coincidence? I really do not think so.
    Quote from _MrBubbles

Quote from Cinnamohn

I seriously belive that. Look at the AH stuff the just talked about and now the rubberbanding. Everything after Kripps vid.

It is... They have bee wanting to add those things/ been working on them well before the video =)
    Hey guys, the next Non-Xpac Diablo release should be called Diablo 4. Youre welcome.
    Quote from _MrBubbles

Quote from Cinnamohn

waiting for multiplayer incentives to confim.

Quote from Number1337

Hey guys, the next Non-Xpac Diablo release should be called Diablo 4. Youre welcome.

It's called Return of Jediablo. Turns out Leah has a twin bother Luke, who Adria was raising.
    Hopefully this will resolve a good deal of the rubber banding that happens. Hopefully.
    Quote from Sojourna

Hopefully this will resolve a good deal of the rubber banding that happens. Hopefully.

Me too.. but they said rubber banding for high latency.. not rubber banding for awesome connections :/
    Playing Diablo since 97. I know nothing and having nothing good to say, I be a troll.
    Seriously doubt they even watch or read anything Kripp does. They have their own agenda, as previously mentioned. In the end, all Blizzard cares about is keeping gameplay numbers up so people keep spending money in the RMAH. Should be self-evident in the fact that the first major update to the game was getting the RMAH working--not fixing botters, spammers, or exploiters; OR fixing end-game inferno grinding. The rubberbanding has been a serious issue for a Monk friend of mine, and also a very bad issue for my wizard, who has literally rubberbanded halfway across a zone after teleporting.
    Quote from valdok

Seriously doubt they even watch or read anything Kripp does. They have their own agenda, as previously mentioned. In the end, all Blizzard cares about is keeping gameplay numbers up so people keep spending money in the RMAH. Should be self-evident in the fact that the first major update to the game was getting the RMAH working--not fixing botters, spammers, or exploiters; OR fixing end-game inferno grinding. The rubberbanding has been a serious issue for a Monk friend of mine, and also a very bad issue for my wizard, who has literally rubberbanded halfway across a zone after teleporting.

I think you are wrong about that. Popular streamers as Kripp make a huge impact on the community's opinion so Blizzard has to keep an eye on what they are saying. When Kripp posted the "Jay Wilson exploit" video about the 1 month old exploit Blizzard fixed it instantly.
    I can imagine that the rubberbanding optimization has been made because of Kripp's video. The AH improvements are surely under development for some time, but they posted the details now because they had to react to minimize the damage, to let people know that they are fixing the problems Kripp mentioned.
    Quote from Fl4sh123

Quote from valdok

I think you are wrong about that. Popular streamers as Kripp make a huge impact on the community's opinion so Blizzard has to keep an eye on what they are saying. When Kripp posted the "Jay Wilson exploit" video about the 1 month old exploit Blizzard fixed it instantly.
    I can imagine that the rubberbanding optimization has been made because of Kripp's video. The AH improvements are surely under development for some time, but they posted the details now because they had to react to minimize the damage, to let people know that they are fixing the problems Kripp mentioned.

none of this has anything to do with his video. They cant make a hotfix that fixes such a key issue that fast.

Rubberbanding has been on their list for a while. They have been actively attempting to fix it for some time.

edit: however to the other comment. Blizzard does watch his videos, we even have a blue post on it from awhile back =P
    in Eu servers rubberbanding occurs often, still not fixed (tempest rush monk), my average latency is 50-60. The servers are overpopulated there is no latency issue in my opinon, blizz's servers can't handle this amount of data I/O and creates packet losses which leads to rubberbanding.
    Quote from Formoor1986

in Eu servers rubberbanding occurs often, still not fixed (tempest rush monk), my average latency is 50-60. The servers are overpopulated there is no latency issue in my opinon, blizz's servers can't handle this amount of data I/O and creates packet losses which leads to rubberbanding.

the hotfix hasnt been added to the EU yet according to Lylirra
    Seriously doubt they even watch or read anything Kripp does.

Blizzard has linked a video of Kripp clearing inferno. I think it was the budget barb build.
    Quote from Molster

Quote from _MrBubbles

Quote from Cinnamohn

It is... They have bee wanting to add those things/ been working on them well before the video =)

This^

I just logged in just to say that, Kripp's good but this is something that has been in the works.
    Quote from Slayerviper

Quote from Sojourna

Me too.. but they said rubber banding for high latency.. not rubber banding for awesome connections :/

Fixed several cases of "rubberbanding" that could sometimes occur while playing under extremely high latency, when a character changed direction or movement speed, or when a character used certain movement-based abilities (like Tempest Rush or Whirlwind)

This is what I see:

Fixed cases of rubberbanding when:
    • playing under extremely high latency
    • when a character changed direction or movement speed
    • when a character used certain movement-based abilities
    that means the last two will still apply to you
    Quote from _MrBubbles

Quote from Cinnamohn

He just so happened to mention things that were obviously needed... very obvious.
    Quote from Michaelgal

Quote from _MrBubbles

Quote from Cinnamohn

He just so happened to mention things that were obviously needed... very obvious.

Exactly. People were posting about that stuff during the first week.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes