Magic Find Gear Swapping and RMAH Commodities Coming Soon, Gold Not Included Initially

This is rediculous, just let us play the damn game however the f%@# we want to play it.

Butt hurt developers playing the hand of god. What happened to the days when a game was released and you could do whatever you wanted to do with it. If I find an upgrade and have to go to town to switch to wait for my MF to go back to full potential I'll flip shit. Or let alone lose a stack for each piece changed. So stupid.
    you dont even really NEED it since its adjusts an already tiny chance of finding a good item into a slightly larger tiny chance, if you want to find good items take the risk with magic find gear, heck its only swapping gear it doesn't break the game
    I think #2, #3 or #4 would all accomplish the goal.

I can't understand how people can enjoy gear swapping at the last second to gain MF. I'm compelled to to it but it really takes a lot away from my gameplay experience. Not to mention, it significantly reduces the value of MF on high rolled items.
    Stop f##king with the game and fix the god damn economy.

Everything that give users an advantage, you want to take it away. Yet, those who only in for the money you just let them ruin it for everyone.
    Quote from Bro

I think #2, #3 or #4 would all accomplish the goal.

I can't understand how people can enjoy gear swapping at the last second to gain MF. I'm compelled to to it but it really takes a lot away from my gameplay experience. Not to mention, it significantly reduces the value of MF on high rolled items.

How can you not understand people wanting to get 2 more rares (on average) per rare pack kill at the cost of a bit of inventory space and a few extra clicks before and after the pack dies? You'd understand the first time you get 4 rares from a champion pack...

More loot = more enjoyment for most people
    This is !@#$ing stupid. Leave MF alone and quir messing with shit. Who cares if people swap gear, thats been apart of the dibalo forever. People that decide to MF swap have the right to. they have spent gold/money on the gear that you put in the game and should not be punished for using it when they want to. not only that, but when someone MF swaps they always run the risk of dying trying to get that killing blow, which is what you want since the rediculous repair cost were implemented. if you didnt want people gold farming in gold find gear or swaping gear to MF gear you shouldnt have put it in the god damn game you idiots. if you mess with MF i quit, i give up. i have had enough of this bullshit of making the game worse because maybe 5% of the players qq cuz they are to bad to do something the rest of the 95% can and have enjoyed doing
    Quote from Zakaz

People complaining about them changing things:

Why is your opinion on the matter more important than someone else's? IE - if you don't like gear swapping you don't have to do it.

Because we are actually not interfering with how you play the game, while you on the other hand are changing or trying to change the game for us, by having things that were and ARE present in the game, removed
    Blizzard really does not want this game to be fun does it? Jesus Christ, these developers have their heads so far up their ass that they can see the back of their teeth.

I don't know why I care keeping up with this shit, as I quit the game a couple weeks ago.
    "I believe in the sand beneath my toes. The beach gives a feeling, an earthy feeling. I believe in the faith that grows, And the four right chords can make me cry. When I'm with you I feel like I could die, and that would be alright"
    Quote from El3ss4r

Quote from Zakaz

People complaining about them changing things:

Why is your opinion on the matter more important than someone else's? IE - if you don't like gear swapping you don't have to do it.

Because we are actually not interfering with how you play the game, while you on the other hand are changing or trying to change the game for us, by having things that were and ARE present in the game, removed

I enjoy how you completely ignore the rest of my post, where it pretty succinctly explains why you are interfering with my gameplay. When something in the game provides an advantage that is measurable enough to warrant using it in order to not fall behind everyone else using it, many feel compelled to use it.

Again, your way of playing absolutely does influence my way of playing - it affects the economy, which impacts my time requirement to achieve specific levels of gear or progression, which affects my choice in how I play the game. Stop pretending like your experience is the only experience, ok?
    This is all just because some people are so anal that they do the stupidest things just to get an edge, like swapping gear mid-fight. If you wanna stack MF, do it like normal people, and take the drawbacks that come with it (more MF = less DPS/survivability). Gear-swapping is just people wanting to have their cake and eat it too. It's unacceptable, to me.
    There is a pretty decent solution that nobody's mentioned yet (or at least I haven't seen it). Remove the possibility of item swapping during boss fights. I know it doesn't prevent people swapping during fights with elite packs, but it's a start.
    I would also like them to bring back charms in some form or another. Just don't make them take up inventory space, that was horrible. Create a dedicated inv space just for them or something.

Quote from Zakaz

Again, your way of playing absolutely does influence my way of playing - it affects the economy, which impacts my time requirement to achieve specific levels of gear or progression, which affects my choice in how I play the game. Stop pretending like your experience is the only experience, ok?

Was gonna write this but you hit the nail on the head. People don't play in a vacuum, what others do still affects everyone else, via the AH, for example.
    Resources could definitely be put to better use in other concerns, this is such a small issue that I really wonder how they set priorities. Dart board maybe?
    Quote from sykotic

Really guys........this is getting ridiculous.

Let us play the game.

Quit tinkering and driving away players with every single patch. You are removing EVERY chance for us to improve in a FARMING DRIVEN GAME. You nerf everything that will keep players here and not shoot them over to TL2 or GW2.

I choose Option 6: LEAVE IT ALONE

What are you babbling about? It's ridiculous to "have to" switch mf gear before a kill just because it's more efficient, it's not Blizzard trying to tell us how to play the game. They never do. Stop with that conspiracy, kiddo.
    Quote from Ryude

Resources could definitely be put to better use in other concerns, this is such a small issue that I really wonder how they set priorities. Dart board maybe?

Because a multi-million dollar company like Activision-Blizzard doesn't have multiple teams to handle different issues and priorities.

You win the reasoning award.
    Quote from Zakaz

Quote from Ryude

Because a multi-million dollar company like Activision-Blizzard doesn't have multiple teams to handle different issues and priorities.

You win the reasoning award.

I would be surprised if they have more than 3 teams after launch, we already know 1 team is working on PVP and 1 team is working on the 1.0.4 legendaries patch. So the 3rd biggest thing is MF swapping?
    Option 5 is the worst possible option. Ever.

Option 4 is the most decent one, but still kinda bad.
    Quote from maka

This is all just because some people are so anal that they do the stupidest things just to get an edge, like swapping gear mid-fight. If you wanna stack MF, do it like normal people, and take the drawbacks that come with it (more MF = less DPS/survivability). Gear-swapping is just people wanting to have their cake and eat it too. It's unacceptable, to me.
    There is a pretty decent solution that nobody's mentioned yet (or at least I haven't seen it). Remove the possibility of item swapping during boss fights. I know it doesn't prevent people swapping during fights with elite packs, but it's a start.
    I would also like them to bring back charms in some form or another. Just don't make them take up inventory space, that was horrible. Create a dedicated inv space just for them or something.

Quote from Zakaz

Was gonna write this but you hit the nail on the head. People don't play in a vacuum, what others do still affects everyone else, via the AH, for example.

I tend to be agree more with what you're saying. It's hard fight Blizzard is trying to win here. All there options are horrid fixes, that only add in further time delays or "punishments"

To further your idea, and really the only idea that MF will work as intended (via Blizzards point of view) without Nerfing the crap out of it would be either one of the following two options:

A.) Have the game client check MF% of character (group) on first hit of mob, and last hit of mob. Take value that is lower (non-swapped gear MF% value) use that for actual MF%

B.) Build in an "In-Combat" and "Out-of-Combat" system. Blizzard has stated Diablo 3 does NOT have this, it is an open world. This would be the much trickier option, but would other good things as making it much easier to give us dueling.

These are really the only two options they have, if they don't want to touch MF in anyway, keep it working the same, but stop the swapping out right.
    Everything towards RMAH .. ur doing it well bliz
    Hang on, hang on a sec! Are people honestly saying the swapping gear at the last second is fun?

That's why I created a macro to do it for me, because it's tedious and not fun at all.

Option 4 please.
    Quote from Lixo

Quote from sykotic

Really guys........this is getting ridiculous.

Let us play the game.

Quit tinkering and driving away players with every single patch. You are removing EVERY chance for us to improve in a FARMING DRIVEN GAME. You nerf everything that will keep players here and not shoot them over to TL2 or GW2.

I choose Option 6: LEAVE IT ALONE

What are you babbling about? It's ridiculous to "have to" switch mf gear before a kill just because it's more efficient, it's not Blizzard trying to tell us how to play the game. They never do. Stop with that conspiracy, kiddo.

Babbling, kiddo, conspiracy ?

After reading my post, I really fail to see any of those things in there. I never once said anything about a conspiracy.

It is a simple fact that players are leaving. Choices like THIS are not helping that fact. The player base is decreasing with every new patch/ hotfix.

There is no "Having to" switch gear just before a kill. That is a practice that certain people do and it is their choice. It is not a prerequisite. I for instance "Do Not" switch gear, but I think that there should be a choice whether we do or not. The changes that have been made to this game have in fact made players select certain skills/ builds/ gear. The very things that Blizzard stated while marketing the game when first announced and throughout production they were designing it to combat.

Telling us to play the game one way is something that has not been done, but when you remove the viability of skills by nerfing their duration/ effectiveness, removing/ decreasing drops in certain areas, or requiring that massive amounts of Resistances in order to survive in Inferno as melee classes, that IS, in fact dictating how the game needs to be played.

That is not a conspiracy theory. It is a point of fact, and if you cannot see that, I am sorry.
    Option 6:

Add a new item called "Greed Stone" it is legendary in color and drops off the first Treasure Goblin you kill. This stone works as a UI element like the old Cauldron of Jordan. You "sacrifice" items to the greed stone to increase your MF/GF%'s. 1% per item unless the item has MF/GF% on it. If an Item has MF/GF% on it you will gain 1/4th of the GF/MF value on the item. bam MF/GF swapping issues alleviated + an item sink. At this point a hardcap on MF/GF% would be alright however it still would have to be high.. like in the 600% range maybe.. Or just Hardcap the % on the greed stone itself.

Option 7:

Reinstate the Mystic Artisan NPC. Have her enchant gear with MF/GF/Health Globe/Pickup Radius to a certain amount per item. (1 stat per item) Have it cost a large amount of gold as you get closer to the max cap for that bonus on an item. Bring back the Charms system. Small Charms (1 slot) and Large Charms (2 slots) can be a drop from mobs in the game. To increase the bonuses on them (thinking the same bonuses as the enchant options. no main/dps stats) you bring the charms to the Mystic and pay money+items to increase the bonus on those charms.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes