Patch 1.0.3 Unofficial Changes

/concerned about PVP balance buff...i was under the assumption they weren't going to try to make Diablo an esport.
    Quote from ruambivalence

/concerned about PVP balance buff...i was under the assumption they weren't going to try to make Diablo an esport.

Well, with out any balance what so ever PVP will be about who ever gets in an attack first at the target bearing in mind the humongous damage you do.
    curious about the wings. I suspect it will come with the MoP CE aswell but that would suck. I hope i'm wrong :) would look forward for those, I didn't really like the white ones
    Quote from Olden Soul

Why...

Why do I continually see negative updates for this game? I keep trying to play, and can barely make it past nightmare with soloing and not using Auction house. And they keep making it more difficult and unattractive, and I am a hardcore diablo fan since the beginning. Stop making a more difficult game, more difficult! It's getting tot he point where it isn't even fun anymore just hours spent between working, the girlfriend, and then trying to progress just a little.

I don't mean to sound negative, but that's all I see coming from you, Blizzard. Stop it.

If u have issues in nightmare, or hell then sorry to break it to u , but u are just bad at the game. The game was made easy till u hit inferno , and even then act 1 is cake , act 2+ is where the game starts. Most of us didnt even had to buy anything of the auction house. Just fix ur gear/stats/spec and u will be fine , hell there are guides and builds on web posted by other players , dont be afraid to use them
    Quote from Olden Soul

Lmao, no. I bought this game because I've patiently waited 11 years to play it because I've been playing since the release of Diablo 1. I am complaining because they were in development for so long, and only now they are removing and balancing. I love Diablo, I love the lore, and I love the style of the game, but I simply cannot accept or condone Blizzards actions on how they are handling everything.

I've been a part of beta since October of last year. So I know how much they have done. My only problem with it is the fact they are negatively impacting the game. It doesn't need to be harder, just balanced. If people are having problems with Inferno, inferno is broken not the characters, and making them weaker and less effective is definitely not fixing anything.

"this" game wasnt in development for 11 years , get ur facts straight. The game was in development for about 6 years or so , maybe u didnt know but at first the game was supposed to be made by Blizzard North guys that made other Diablo games , but then left Blizz for a good reason. The game would've been out years ago if it was made by them, and god i wish it was, but i wasnt hence why it took them so long(u can still find the early version of the game on web. Even tho the game isnt too bad
    Quote from Quikz

Quote from Olden Soul

Lmao, no. I bought this game because I've patiently waited 11 years to play it because I've been playing since the release of Diablo 1. I am complaining because they were in development for so long, and only now they are removing and balancing. I love Diablo, I love the lore, and I love the style of the game, but I simply cannot accept or condone Blizzards actions on how they are handling everything.

I've been a part of beta since October of last year. So I know how much they have done. My only problem with it is the fact they are negatively impacting the game. It doesn't need to be harder, just balanced. If people are having problems with Inferno, inferno is broken not the characters, and making them weaker and less effective is definitely not fixing anything.

Are you really complaining about the game being harder now? the game is supposed to have some kind of challenge, and im not talking about hardcore mode. if people are having problems with inferno, then those people should re-evaluate their playstyle and strats because inferno is not broken and doesnt need to be easier.

Inferno is not broken? Which game are u playing again?
    Quote from ScruffyLOL

curious about the wings. I suspect it will come with the MoP CE aswell but that would suck. I hope i'm wrong :) would look forward for those, I didn't really like the white ones

I dont see a point why they should be a part of the CE since like some1 else said "they have nothing to do with MoP"....ill be okay if they will be on the blizz store for 10bucks or something since i didnt manage to get a CE for D3 which ofc makes me sad and angry:/
    Quote from Enril

Quote from ScruffyLOL

I dont see a point why they should be a part of the CE since like some1 else said "they have nothing to do with MoP"....ill be okay if they will be on the blizz store for 10bucks or something since i didnt manage to get a CE for D3 which ofc makes me sad and angry:/

If they start selling items like this in blizz store i would probably stop playing diablo 3 faster than i thought. I hope it's part of MoP CE.
    Buff Magic_Find and Buff Xp_Boost, even though we already have the icons for 'em, thanks to shrines...

This feels quite a lot like a preparation for Blizz Store "booster pack" shenanigans... : |
    "We come to a conclusion when we're too bored to think on any longer."
    Quote from deloctyte

Buff Magic_Find and Buff Xp_Boost, even though we already have the icons for 'em, thanks to shrines...

This feels quite a lot like a preparation for Blizz Store "booster pack" shenanigans... : |

Purchase 250% MF for just £4.99! Lasts 24 hours!
    I was hoping they would doll out the new wings to current CE holders, as giving an option between angel & demon wings would be nice...I'd have to say though, my guess would be they're for MoP CE. Lots of inter-game bonuses for buying CEs of their other games, and those bonuses are only going to increase now that bliz has 3 current games available.

If they drop them on the store for $10, then I'll lose a bit of faith. I'm all for bliz store items in d3, but it's a bit soon....
    Quote from deloctyte

for me it looks like PVP will be a game in a game.
    i think we will be gaining seperate "PVP XP" and PVP loot. i dont know yet how i feel about this.
    Quote from pitchShifter567

Quote from aldrek

So they're making Fury spenders even less attractive? Niiice. Not that anyone uses that passive anyway.

I have my barb in Act 2 Inferno right now and I hardly ever use a fury spender. The only ones I would ever use are earthquake and WotB. I use leap (with 300% armor inc.), war cry (armor and resist), revenge, ignore pain, WotB, and frenzy. I swear fury hasn't meant too much to me so far. I'm constantly full.

Edit: Also, is there a confirmation or some sort of source as to the patch is supposedly coming next week?

try to use rend with blood lust rune, gonna be impressed.
    Quote from Deventh

Quote from Enril

Quote from ScruffyLOL

If they start selling items like this in blizz store i would probably stop playing diablo 3 faster than i thought. I hope it's part of MoP CE.

Well i dont plan on buying MoP . so yeah rather get it thru the blizz store
    Quote from mysticalos

what's the build number? It'll take me hours to find the files trying one buid number incriments at this rate it seems

Oh hai.

Couldn't catch up with you via our normal ways but there's several reasons why it may not necessarily take you "hours"

1) The builds don't usually jump up that high. Usually less then around 250 - 300 or so. The jump from 9558 to 9858 was the biggest i've seen in Blizzard builds. You won't need to cycle through thousands of them.

2) If a file doesn't exist on the CDN servers it will give a response "Not found" of around 15 bytes.

3) When files are uploaded to the CDN servers they usually mirror to the other CDN servers Blizzard uses. IIRC Blizzard has 3 of them - Blizzard's own CDN , Limelight and Akamai. There might be one more but I haven't looked through patch header files lightly.

So IMHO let's say a few SSH remote terminal sessions with the downloading being spread over the 3 CDNs in blocks and it shouldn't take that long :D

Quote from mysticalos

finally found it, 10057

Heh that didn't take long :)
    Quote from Deventh

So you'd rather people have to pay a ridiculous amount for MoP CE just to get the wings rather than pay 10$ for something cosmetic in the Blizz store?
    Quote from Plocer

Quote from Olden Soul

Why...

Why do I continually see negative updates for this game? I keep trying to play, and can barely make it past nightmare with soloing and not using Auction house. And they keep making it more difficult and unattractive, and I am a hardcore diablo fan since the beginning. Stop making a more difficult game, more difficult! It's getting tot he point where it isn't even fun anymore just hours spent between working, the girlfriend, and then trying to progress just a little.

I don't mean to sound negative, but that's all I see coming from you, Blizzard. Stop it.

I made it all the way to act 4 hell within the first few days without using the AH. I eventually had a surplus of money and decided to upgrade me 200 dps weapon into 400 dps. I was only a wd and I didn't even know about bears.

So obviously you aren't playing right or something..

Obviously you didn't play a melee class. Probably DH I suppose, or maybe Wizard.
    Quote from Daemaro

I don't care if there are panda sigils. I would care though if they made me buy MoP CE to get D3 wings. It's a relief to hear they're probably not related.

There's stuff in WoW from SC2 that you had to go to Blizzcon for, so...it's just marketing.
    Quote from Daemaro

Quote from Deventh

So you'd rather people have to pay a ridiculous amount for MoP CE just to get the wings rather than pay 10$ for something cosmetic in the Blizz store?

I see more point in getting it from CE rather than paying 10$ for that item which will give them the excuse to do that for many more items in the future. 10$ here, 10$ here... and then Diablo 3 was known as the milking cow number 2 after WoW.
    At least SC2 doesn't have stuff like this. Yet.
    I'd rather spend 80$ on D3 items than on a WoW CE I won't play.

There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with putting things cosmetic in the blizz store for people to buy. It's fairly easy to make a few bucks here and there on the RMAH. There is a lot wrong with putting something really enticing in a CE. If I choose to support the game I'm playing by paying for cosmetic items, I don't see that as a bad thing.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes